• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed FlightDelays.com

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 70408
  • Start date Start date
This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice name...the instant I saw the name I thought this name would do well developed. If I wanted to find out flight delays, this is where I think I would go.... I'd say low X,XXX to mid X,XXX...could be a very useful site.

Good Luck!
 
In my opinion, most people would, if they were looking for a certain flight arrival or departure, visit the specific airport website. Is there really a need for a website such as flightdelays.com?
 
IMO..a site specifically used for listing flight delays would be beneficial because it could put all flight delays in one place....Convenience is valuable. Search your flight number/provider and boom theres your answer to whether or not your flight is delayed. Your point is valid too...but I just like the idea of all flight delays being updated at one place/site.

CH
 
..a site specifically used for listing flight delays would be beneficial because it could put all flight delays in one place....CH

Yes perhaps you are right. As long as you spend some time on SEO and content so that people can find their way to the site. Good luck. :)
 
IMO..a site specifically used for listing flight delays would be beneficial because it could put all flight delays in one place....Convenience is valuable. Search your flight number/provider and boom theres your answer to whether or not your flight is delayed. Your point is valid too...but I just like the idea of all flight delays being updated at one place/site.

CH
Totally agree. There are other features that can be integrated as well like text messaging updates to people who sign-up. I think there is a great opportunity to provide a valuable service which will certainly bring back repeat visitors.

Just ask the people that use http://www.schooldelay.com
I like the name! Who wants to be hassled going to the carriers sites?
Let me know if you decide to sell!
Thanks - at this point I am not planning to sell. Working on developing it because this is a no-brainer. If I would sell, I would be looking for low to mid-$xx,xxx
 
As a developed site it could be worth 6 figures, with advertising revenue reaching $1000s per month.

Great domain, I would not sell at wholesale for less than $10k
 
low to mid $XXXX developed.
 
As a developed site it could be worth 6 figures, with advertising revenue reaching $1000s per month.

Great domain, I would not sell at wholesale for less than $10k
Thanks - I completely agree, and for the time being, the name isn't on the market.
 
great name, but IMHO extremelly difficult to develop.
It must be close to impossible to cover an entire country (not to mention more than one) with flight delays, assuming it is a 'live' site.
the data feed, and properly acquiring the info to feed the site live (otherwise it doesnt make sense) makes it a truly tough one to develop.

If actually developed into a live flight delay site, then I agree with most of the appraisals above.
otherwise....
 
pulling flight information is simple, and can all be done via a simple php script and some cron Jobs.
 
pulling flight information is simple, and can all be done via a simple php script and some cron Jobs.

All the data can be taken from the goverment - which gives reports for other sites. Additionally, they also provide detailed information about delays at different airports and cities for arrival and departures.
 
then I stand corrected NS.
But heck, in most of Europe, I cant even find a live delay on a flight without actually calling an airport or visiting the airport's site.
Is there a global live flight delay info site somewhere? where do you get the info for it?
 
I have yet to find one seeker...thats one more reason that flightdelays.com would be super nice to develop...I keep coming back to this thread because I know its a interesting name to pursue with development...Go for it EJS....I'd invest in it :)
 
I have yet to find one seeker...thats one more reason that flightdelays.com would be super nice to develop...I keep coming back to this thread because I know its a interesting name to pursue with development...Go for it EJS....I'd invest in it :)
It's funny because I have been traveling on business and vacation for the last couple weeks, and I did Google searches for "flight delays" at least 3 times prior to owning the name. One of the main reasons why I would consider selling the name is because I would want a large company to develop it better than I could so I could use it in the future. My gut tells me this name could be mid-$xx,xxx to someone with very strong development capabilities as there really isn't a company serving this market right now.
 
I think this is a great name, developed could be worth a fortune... Undeveloped the right end user would easily pay $xx,xxx I think...

Good luck!
 
I would seriously be surprised if there is a single place to get such information LIVE on lets say all of the US, not to mention all airports.

If there is such a thing, then this domain once developed can be a goldmine, if not, it really is a tough one, other than traffic monetization of course.
 
I think this is a great name, developed could be worth a fortune... Undeveloped the right end user would easily pay $xx,xxx I think...

Good luck!
Thanks! I use to find info about flight delays at FlightTracker.com. I just checked again and it was bought by CheapTickets.com and it doesn't look like they do this anymore.
 
Anyway you look at it...you have a winner. I wish you the best of luck with that gem.

CH
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom