• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed FlightDelays.com

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 70408
  • Start date Start date
This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Airports List their Arrival and Departures on their websites.

FlightView.com should have them all

http://tracker.flightview.com/htNYNJPA/default.asp?customer=NYNJPA&mode=ARRIVALS&airport=EWR


You could also tap into the www.hotels.com affiliate program to offer hotels/car hire or such like to people who have flight delays. It would take some serious investment, but I am positive you could licence the Flight information from the FAA

example: http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/flyfaaindex.jsp?p=0&ARPT=EWR

I looked into this in great detail last year, as I was looking to do the same
 
so, NS.
it isnt as simple as it first appeared???
I mean to actually get a live airport flight delay list?
 
You can get the data from the government. FlightTracker.com did all of this until CheapTickets.com bought them I believe. I like FlightDelays.com better than the other URLs, because people are looking for "Flight Delays."
 
FlightView.com is realtime.#

I bet I could pull the data from a single airport and write it to a database in realtime in about 15 minutes. Give me an hour and I could create a Live XML feed based on the data from a single Airport that would update every 10 minutes.

Then all you would need to do is one for each airport, it would take a weeks work.
 
Anyway, we are getting off topic. Looking for appraisals not a debate on development :-)
 
Reg fee.

Nah, just kidding. A good example to Newbies that you can still find decent domains by keeping your eyes and ears open. Or to all of us for that matter. good find.
 
A good example to Newbies that you can still find decent domains by keeping your eyes and ears open. Or to all of us for that matter. good find.
This wasn't a new registration. I bought it from the previous owner and it is at least 6 years old.
 
That makes more sense. Was pretty surprised to think it was still available.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom