Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Flowers.mobi sold for 200k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
re:

visit flowers.mobi on your cell, enter the zipcode where the flowers will be delivered, .. a list of flower shops appear with basic info and phone numbers, click on a phone number and guess what - - you get connected directly to that shop via your phone. brilliant!

replace flowers.mobi with yeallowpages.com - same result, more choice of products,brilliant!

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
here's what i see...

visit flowers.mobi on your cell, enter the zipcode where the flowers will be delivered, .. a list of flower shops appear with basic info and phone numbers, click on a phone number and guess what - - you get connected directly to that shop via your phone. brilliant!

There's no response to that! Nice one!
:thumb:
Pred

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You'd have to sign up a ton of flower shops and collect on all those potential sales from all those flower shops.

or they just pay you monthly to be included (maybe they (Rick) offer zipcode exclusivity and get connected directly) whoever owns it will have options.. kinda like the new FTD

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's hard enough to order flowers on a 32" screen online. Half the time I give up and call in my order.
Your orders are going thru just fine Greg. The ones that show up now are always gonna appear smaller than what you thought you ordered. Now with your cell, you're gonna be pleasently surprised.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
or they just pay you monthly to be included (maybe they (Rick) offer zipcode exclusivity and get connected directly) whoever owns it will have options.. kinda like the new FTD

You still have to convince 100's of florists to sign up to pay that monthly fee.
No orders come in and they will stop paying a monthly fee.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cellphone this....cellphone that...

if .mobi actually succeeds.. you guys are going to look back and laugh at overusing the "cellphone" reference...

A cellular phone is a popular device that people carry right now..They are just starting to be enhanced with features like the internet,email,etc...

IF this evolution continues it seems that cellphone companies would evolve into mobile ISP providers, and phone calls/the internet will become one.. this does not have anything to do with .mobi necessarily..but people seem to be forgetting that some of cellular phone/mobile device manufacturers and providers ARE in on this deal..

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your orders are going thru just fine Greg. The ones that show up now are always gonna appear smaller than what you thought you ordered. Now with your cell, you're gonna be pleasently surprised.

Imagine that, "actual size" on your cellphone.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One thing remains the same. The technology behind it does not change, a .com can do the same thing as a .mobi. Yes, I know that if the cell phone automatically puts the .mobi on everything then they will have a clear advantage otherwise I can't see the reason for the excitement just yet...

Sonny

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I believe CatLitter.mobi and ToiletPaper.mobi could be the next monster sales that you see....maybe at the next Traffic Auction. I'm sure there were thousands of people today who were in their cars today when they realized they had forgotten one or both of these essential items.

If you set up enough distribution centers you could have your order on your doorstep by the time you got home.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Must be a first for TRAFFIC history ,

where new tld's with No TRAFFIC

out shine .com..

nrmillions

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One thing remains the same. The technology behind it does not change, a .com can do the same thing as a .mobi. Yes, I know that if the cell phone automatically puts the .mobi on everything then they will have a clear advantage otherwise I can't see the reason for the excitement just yet...

a .net also does the same thing as a .com and good words in .net are still worth good money.

zojila

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
All expressed opinion are so geo-centric. People in the western hemisphere forget that asia is where the true mobile action is.

In time, mobile Inernet will focus on IDN and niche local terminology rather than english words alone.

if flowers.mobi is $200k in value, what will flowers.mobi in other languages be valued at? eg phool.mobi (flowers in indian)

sure a man who buys flowers in nyc over his cellphone won't be an exception buying flowers in this manner compared to a mobile phone user in china or india for that matter.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It'll give the conspiracy theorists something to chew on...................
:second: Predator

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you want to know the future of cellphones....

watch the old star trek series. :)

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whois details have still not changes for Flowers.mobi!
Rick care to explain???
Just out of interest only regged for a year,
anyone interested,................ drops in May! :biggrin:
Predator :-#:

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
predator, give it a rest already
The domains that sold at the auction have barely started to be processed.
It seems like you get off trying to draw attention from an industry icon (starstruck, perhaps?).
Not that you care, but you've lost credibility in my book already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators