• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed General Appraisal Question???

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DotDealers

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2002
Messages
173
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I was just wondering if you think adding a quality logo with a domain increases the value, or at least makes selling it easier?

Thanks,

Doug
 
Not necessarily, deal. A logoed domain looks used imho. Virgins are always prized :D
 
I prefer mine a little matured :D
 
It seems that when I have sold names on eBay, the ones where I had made a logo for seemed to sell better.

It could also be because those that didnt have one where crappy.

I think it gives the Buyer a bigger picture, gets them thinking more.

Thanks,

Mike
 
Not all people starting a website are blessed with logo-creating ability like some of you on this forum are!

When selling a domain name to someone, unless they are developers, having a quality logo to go with it increases the value IMO. Crappy logos, well, they don't, but you knew this already!
Cheers!
 
"LogoCrafters.com"
I was just thinking about logo's on the back porch. An idea
for my website, which is all coincidental.

Logo's make a big difference in the appeal of vision and
perception. The net is visionary,words you see,pics and images,
are spoken in a voice in the mind.

Yes!
 
Some people on Ebay don't look at any auctions without a picture, so maybe the logo replaces the picture so that they get to see your auction.
 
Originally posted by DomainPairs
...maybe the logo replaces the picture so that they get to see your auction.

I think this is very true. Without any false advertizing, some retail customers may subliminally make a connection with an entire concept, a bright idea, or even a developed business; rather than examining just a string of characters, a mere domain name.

Logos work well in retail IMO
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom