Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed GetInBusiness.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please appraise getinbusiness.com (end user). Thanks.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Other gtld's with whois for New York, Canada, and Ireland; .eu, .co.uk, .eu.com, and .cc sites up and running.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://thebargainqueen.org/2006/02/get-in-business-for-100-bucks/
http://thebargainqueen.org/about/

They even say it that way in Sydney!

Get in business for 100 bucks
Hi there! We’re a married couple from Sydney, Australia.

All around the world the news is in - people want to get in business! With getinbusiness.com, you can be the one to show them how. :greenwink:

:typing:

.info anyone? :greensmile: Funny thing, I received contact about the .info from the UK, then I later decided to let all the non-com gtld's drop. Nice to see the diverse global interest in how they've been picked up so far.

scizza

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am so confused here?!?!?!

Are you asking for appriasals or appraising this domain 6 times yourself??

:confused:

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.dnforum.com/showpost.php?p=687210&postcount=2

bump your appraisal thread [...] adding new and useful information. (Bold added)

This is clearly a great domain, and the international trend after I dropped the gtld's also demonstrates that. I mean, .cc even - can you believe it...GT? :greensmile: The new posts also serve to preempt thread pollution such as "they don't use that phrase in my country" when it's not true and so forth (we don't need no thread pollution). Plus it's fun right now, although not as fun as some of my other posts lately. :greensmile:

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some useful comparison data to guide you in your appraisal: :greenbiggrin:

Start with "Business.com" as a baseline.

1. Business.com = ~$8,000,000 reported sale price

Then ask yourself, since there can only be one business.com, how close can we get to it without actually having the one itself? What is the shortest possible route that has both meaning and super appeal? What are the shortest possibilities, such as:

e*
i*

v* (not as desirable as many longer ones imo)
in*
home*
small*
big*
web*
good*

starta* (second longest of the list, but still excellent)
gointo* (tied for second longest; still excellent, but more syllables)
getinto* (longest of the list; still excellent, but more syllables)

And then there's getinbusiness.com. Action-packed, snappy, positive, meaningful. Only two fast syllables, only five letters added to "business.com." :greensmile:

This may be the last time I'm going to bump this thread :smile:. I've posted it before, including elsewhere. I don't know why a great domain like this doesn't get its due or why no one has been willing to appraise, but what'ya gonna do? :smile: Even my most severely domain-despising friend who went to Harvard Law and became a really big cheese at one of the most famous NYC investment firms liked this one when I told him about it, while calling what most domainers might call my best domain "nothing."

Commerce aside, there's a sense in which we are all either 'in business,' in a manner of speaking, or not in business. We are all either occupying space wasting our lives, or 'in business' using our talents and gifts for good, contributing to the world and those around us.

Which group do you fit in? Which group do I?

Whether you stop by to honestly appraise this domain or not, I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Stop dreaming and start doing. :greensmile:

Get in business.

Do it now. :smile:

------------------------------------------------

Whew! Was that a great pep talk or what? :whoo: This DNF thing is fun sometimes.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One related Overture # to guide you in your appraisal: :greensmile:

101,346 business opportunity

Must be millions more searching the SE's for info and ways to get in business.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Honest appraisals or dialog about the domain in the thread only please...PM anything else if you want. Thanks.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your domain name is on no way comparable to Business.com, which is a generic one-word .com domain. Moreover, "get into business" sounds better for me.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, thanks for staying on topic at least, dodo1.

Your domain name is on no way comparable to Business.com, which is a generic one-word .com domain.

http://www.dnforum.com/showpost.php?p=983955&postcount=9

...Then ask yourself, since there can only be one business.com, how close can we get to it without actually having the one itself? What is the shortest possible route that has both meaning and super appeal? What are the shortest possibilities, such as...

"get into business" sounds better for me.

A gem among other gems for sure, but the other gems are still gems. You know what they say about beauty being in the eye of the beholder. I think "get into" is a good one, too, but like the shorter, snappier "getinbusiness" option better. It seems pretty significant to me that the .eu is still unregged as well. I'm seeing more action on the Web for "getinbusiness," and have found 9 tld's regged for it vs. only 5 for "getinto," an 80% difference.

maui

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hahahahaha

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow

burnsinternet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Entertaining in a speedfreak sort of way.... Must bump.

:hat:

IIM8

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, you are trying to get links in SE? from this thread.....are you doing this in other forums too?

I think the dn is ok, don't get me wrong, but it would appear as though this is more like a "sell" message rather than a "what do you think" appraisal request. I have to admit, I haven't seen someone reply to their own quotes in their own thread, kinda like reverse engineering the russian doll concept.

Tight lines! (the fishing expression/ is a well wishing expression-just to clarify)

$xxx developed

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom