Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed GetInBusiness.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Entertaining[...]Must bump.

Some things make good television, but some things make good forum. Rock on. :shades_smile:

:welcome: :pop2: :drum:

impressive self-appraisal (kind of...) :D :D :D

:embaressed_smile:

So, you are trying to get links in SE? from this thread.....are you doing this in other forums too?

That's a no and a no, ya' know.

I think the dn is ok, don't get me wrong, but it would appear as though this is more like a "sell" message rather than a "what do you think" appraisal request. I have to admit, I haven't seen someone reply to their own quotes in their own thread, kinda like reverse engineering the russian doll concept.

Combination of believing in the quality of the domain, past experience posting it for appraisal, and that it's fun for the time being. When you go over everything I've written and presented as evidence above, something just never seemed right about this one being either ignored, trashed*, or lowballed*. This time around I felt like giving the domain a little of its due and the extra push.

Tight lines! (the fishing expression/ is a well wishing expression-just to clarify)

Cool, and thanks, but...

$xxx developed

...lowball? In light of everything written above, and whatever else one can mention? :huh:
-----------------------------------------------------

P.S. Check out businessnetworking.com at #19: http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

*As in, thread pollution.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
very entertaining ... the references to 'related searches' and domains such as; business opportunity, start a business, get into business, etc. is priceless!!

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think this name is worth very much more than reg fees unless you develop it. Lot's of hard work would dictate the value for this one ...not much on name alone.

I own about 15 "business" related domains and I would not have snapped this one up for $60. Just my opinion.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Combination of believing in the quality of the domain, past experience posting it for appraisal, and that it's fun for the time being. When you go over everything I've written and presented as evidence above, something just never seemed right about this one being either ignored, trashed, or lowballed.
You asked for appraisals for this domain at least three times before. Two times you did not receive any replies and one time a user appraised it to be worth $xx.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=142062 (04-01-2006)
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=92138 (04-28-2005)
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=76047 (12-27-2004)

You also posted it for sale with a link to Afternic in 2005, but you have not sold it yet.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=89176 (04-08-2005)

People would have ignored this domain again if you had not posted so many useless information in this thread. How long does it take for you to understand that this domain is only worth the reg fees you paid for it over the years?

justchillinyo

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
www, the name of this forum is "Domain Appraisals by Peers", not "Self-promotion of Domains you own"

And what is the point of asking for appraisals/input if you are going to argue with anyone that doesn't think your domain name is a million dollar treasure.

That baing said, its not a bad domain, the only problem is that there are so many similar ones:
getintobusiness (mentioned)
startabusiness
openabusiness
runabusiness
managebusiness
homebusiness
smallbusiness
getbusiness
and so on...I could type for hours

In my honest opinion, you need to develop it, and make the domain more than just a name. You have all the stats, it is clearly developable.

undeveloped: $xx-$xxx(if you find the right buyer)
developed - more.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what is up with all the crazy threads these days? Has it been a full moon for the last month or so?

:huh:

maui

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you're right...all these people have no idea what their talking about...www, this is worth at lest $40 million dollars. don't let anyone else let you think otherwise. You're a damn genius is what you are

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its not a bad domain, the only problem is that there are so many similar ones:
getintobusiness (mentioned)
startabusiness
openabusiness
runabusiness
managebusiness
homebusiness
smallbusiness
getbusiness

In my honest opinion, you need to develop it, and make the domain more than just a name. You have all the stats, it is clearly developable.

undeveloped: $xx-$xxx(if you find the right buyer)
developed - more.

Type for hours and come up with quality or with rubbish? Go for it, domainer - we'll start you off on a triple dare for that one. If that's true, then why did you have to copy so many of the already acknowledged gems I used in my own example list of possibilities? What kind of refutation is that?

Some on your 'list' are also very weak with respect to the vast market of people and explicit purpose of seeking to get in business to begin with. Anyone can type up junk that either only uses the word "business" without speaking clearly to the target market, or junk that conveys the essential meaning but is still unappealing junk nonetheless such as the likes of initiateabusiness.com, getyourselfintobusiness.com, etc.

Well, at least your closing remarks were more positive, and we're seeing a great leap forward in the actual appraisal. :greensmile:

BTW, no one at this end is fishing for anything like $x,xxx,xxx, so you can relieve yourself of that notion.

:couch2:

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow.... brilliant domain.

My appraisal value: $1,000,000,000.00 at least.

Hold onto it and the value can rise in the future.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow.... brilliant domain.

My appraisal value: $1,000,000,000.00 at least.

Hold onto it and the value can rise in the future.

What an appraisal!:jaw:

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Go for it, domainer - we'll start you off on a triple dare for that one. If that's true, then why did you have to copy so many of the already acknowledged gems I used in my own example list

Didn't think so, justchillinyo. Perhaps you could just treat us to a mere 5 minutes of typing quality substitutes that clearly target the purpose and market. If you can't do that, maybe just replacing the ones you copied from my own list will do for a start. :tea:

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for those quality substitutes...:whistle: :pop2:

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best self appraisal thread ive ever seen

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nothing yet...:yawn:

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Getinbusiness.com, to me, may be worth regfee and actually not my regfee as I would not be interested for $7.00.

Year after year you hear the same thing about a pretty much worthless domain (as dnf'ers have pointed out).

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=142062 (04-01-2006)
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=92138 (04-28-2005)
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=76047 (12-27-2004)

Why don't you prove everyone wrong and develop your name? you can have the last laugh that way. Otherwise see ya next year with another appraisal or sale thread.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, we have already established that this domain has been posted in the past after I was the first one to mention it.

Still don't see that type-for-hours abundance of quality substitutes that clearly: 1. tell people, including approximately half the adult US market alone, that the site is about getting in business to begin with; and, 2. are at least as good as or better than getinbusiness.com according to any reasonable statement of generally recognized standards of domain quality.

Still don't see 5 minutes of typing, either.

Still don't see merely a replacement of the ones that were copied from my own list.

Nope, don't see anything yet...:yawn:

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
copy/paste this self-appraisal into an ebay sales page and try to sell it. It might sell around $100

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still don't see 5 minutes of typing, either.

Still don't see merely a replacement of the ones that were copied from my own list.

Nope, don't see anything yet...:yawn:

:yawn:

maui

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
www, are you mentally handicapped? i'm not being funny when asking that...seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom