Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed GetInBusiness.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still not a single domain to answer the challenge here yet, but a whole lot of tld's taken and in use for getinbusiness. Really, what were they thinking when they regged such names? Somebody call me when at least the ones copied from my own list have been replaced...

:yawn:

maui

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

BidNo

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What the heck, I'll throw wood on the fire. Here are some recent three word "business" domain sales:

Domain TLD SalePrice SaleDate SaleThru
IncorporatingABusiness com $8,988 Mar 06 SnapNames
BusinessMerchantAccount com $5,300 Oct 06 Moniker/Traffic
InternetBusinessDirectory com $4,500 Oct 05 Sedo
TheBusinessHub com $2,088 Oct 06 BuyDomains
OnlineBusinessBureau com $1,200 Feb 06 Afternic
SmallBusinessBlogs com $1,200 Dec 05 Afternic
BusinessIncorporationService com $600 Dec 05 Afternic
GayBusinessGuide com $300 Jun 06 Afternic
BusinessSupportSystem com $100 Oct 06 Moniker/Traffic

And BTW, take note that none are a short as GetInBusiness.com. (Oh boy, everybody stand back now)

:)

Cheers,
BidNo

maui

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
getaclue.com is a pretty good one. sold for XX,XXX

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What the heck, I'll throw wood on the fire. Here are some recent three word "business" domain sales [...] And BTW, take note that none are a short as GetInBusiness.com. (Oh boy, everybody stand back now)

:)

Cheers,
BidNo

Gotta like a bit of good old-fashioned character and guts. Thanks for stopping by, BidNo. The fire's looking fine and I've brought some steaks - Texas style. :greensmile:

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can sell any domain for high bucks, if the domain is built right and/or gets tons of hits.

A bare domain name value is 1/4 remembering it, 1/4 how it looks, 1/4 how it sounds, and 1/4 what it says.

Your domain don't have any of these going for it, of course if you go out side of a bare domain name.

It's price is 1/4 single minded thinking, 1/4 it's cool factor, 1/4 I know more then others thinking, and 1/4 on a wing and pray thinking.

Now you can mix and match any 1/4 you want, and find some like minded person and sell it to them. Or you can build it into some thing worth some thing, and then it's worth what you built it into like any other built domain.

You did ask, and after reading all post here. This is what I thought, if you want to get good at buying/selling domains. Try hearing what other tell you, that don't make them right/wrong, it just means that you get to think about how others see it.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A bare domain name value is 1/4 remembering it, 1/4 how it looks, 1/4 how it sounds, and 1/4 what it says.

Your domain don't have any of these going for it, of course if you go out side of a bare domain name.

Are you for real, or just trying to stoke the flames?

Yes: utterly unmemorable; looks revolting in any case; sounds atrocious to anyone with the slightest knowledge of English; and who can possibly have a clue as to what it means?

What was I thinking when I regged it? What was a Harvard Law grad thinking when he said he liked it?

What could the people who regged 8 other tld's instead of a longer .com have possibly been thinking? Where were those to guide them, to steer them straight?

Who will help these wayward souls and rescue them from their wandering ways:

http://www.dnforum.com/showpost.php?p=970707&postcount=2
http://www.dnforum.com/showpost.php?p=979819&postcount=4
http://www.dnforum.com/showpost.php?p=981083&postcount=5
http://www.dnforum.com/showpost.php?p=981743&postcount=6

Still don't see 5 minutes of typing, either.

Still don't see merely a replacement of the ones that were copied from my own list.

Nope, don't see anything yet...:yawn:

One person had the character, integrity and guts to do the right thing.

:yawn:

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
some google results...

Results 1 - 10 of about 13,300 for "get in business".
Results 1 - 10 of about 103,000 for "get into business".

not too bad, get into business is the preferred phrase though.

mid $xx

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
9 tld's for getinbusiness, only 5 for getinto, last I found.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok your main search engine word is business, here is what people search for with the word. Do a search on the key word ( business ), at the link below it will show you what real people searched for.

I do not see get in business, any where under what people searched for do you ?

You should look for a domain that scores high on that list, as people already done search on it. And no one will do a search on get in, so the keyword is just on business.

http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

There was a fairly good bit of searching 54748 in Sept 06, for Start a business so Startabusiness.com would be a good one say no ???

But I see some one got it already.........

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.dnforum.com/showpost.php?p=987550&postcount=10

For those willing to step outside the box.

Other searches "getinbusiness" was tailor made for, from the top searches:

200859 small business

106812 home business

Some might even go so far as to suggest this one:

165828 business services

News flash: when people do these searches, they are looking for meaningful results that fit, not just exact phrases like mindless robots.

If you do a search on "business opportunity," are you going to say "forget that" if a getinbusiness.com or getintobusiness.com shows up on page 1, or even page 2? Nope.

As I said, must be millions more searching the SE's for info and ways to get in business.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
54748 searches in Sept 06, for Start a business so Startabusiness.com is a good one right ?

Why because 54,748 searches was done for that, that means them searches would put that on the top of the returns. With a link to that site, so that is a very good one that anyone can see would work great say no ?

maui

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
www, why are you asking for appraisals if you're doing your own? sounds kinda retarded to me.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
54748 searches in Sept 06, for Start a business so Startabusiness.com is a good one right ?

Start with about six billion people, tas38, then consider the population segments for whom an English sld is significant to begin with, and for whom it may be becoming increasingly significant. Also consider the issue of increasing population in general. Then consider that for the explicit purpose of finding and taking advantage of opportunities and resources to enable one to get in business, there are a small number of rare sld's which fall into the category of diamonds, emeralds and rubies; another set of possibilities in gold, silver and bronze; and lastly ones to be regarded as gravel, dirt and mud.

There is zero credibility imo in placing getinbusiness.com in the mud at least for anyone from a developed English speaking region, and probably most of Europe; and that is what one does with absurd appraisals such as $xx. This is especially so in light of the other evidence presented already. "What? It's only getinbusiness and not getintobusiness? $xx."

Yes, startabusiness.com is definitely among the diamonds, emeralds and rubies (see post #9). I am also saying getinbusiness.com is, too. One can debate about whether one is a diamond or an emerald, or which diamond is a bigger diamond, but I'm not concerned about that here. One can try to argue the domain down to gold, silver and bronze if one wishes, but you're going to have a hard time convincing me and perhaps many on the sidelines that you even believe what you are saying if you try to go lower than that, at the very least if you come from the type of developed location mentioned. It may be called "Domain Appraisals By Peers," but anyone who's been around for any time knows that there are moments when the actions of some amount to trying to rename it to something more like "Lowballing and the Like By Peers." That is merely the sad more or less unavoidable nature of an internet forum.

The 54748 searches are for "starting a business," another gem despite being long. Getinbusiness.com was also tailor made for page 1 of that search.

Making one's way down the list from "business opportunity" to "starting a business," Getinbusiness.com is also perfect for "home based business," "home business opportunity," and the ones in between (86,900 to 56,924).

Thanks for your post...

maui

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
www, you're not even listening ot anyone. why are you soliciting for feedback if you're just doing your own appraisal? totally schizophrenic.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oh boy.. if I didn't resign as mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom