Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Godaddy CEO Bob Parsons is proud of shooting an elephant in Africa - Disgusting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seraphim, what you are talking about is unrealistic in Africa given the current political climate. The problems in Africa stem from corruption. The rulers are evil dictators that just don't give a f*** about their people. There is no chance of population control so long as there is rampant corruption.

And how can you say "the starving African excuse has run it's course" just because you think "social status climbers and politically correct hipsters have damn near turned starvation in Africa into a religion"? The reality of things again is that there are millions of people starving in Africa and it is not being addressed by certain governments because of rampant corruption. Screw the politically correct hipsters; they should not be able to influence you into ignoring the suffering of others.

I don't have answers as to how to fix the corruption issues in Africa, but I can tell you that things are not going to improve until they are resolved. Hopefully the African people will be able to figure something out.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Your argument seems to hinge on human life being more valuable than animal life, and thus human driven destruction of the natural environment is always justified. That is complete and total bullshit

Like I previously stated:
Humans (and our inherent destructive capacities) are a product of the earth; the will of mother nature if you will. And yes, we are messing up big time, and if we don't get our act together it will probably lead to our demise someday. But at the end of the day, this rock floating in space is pretty insignificant. I do feel more compassion towards my fellow man than I do towards elephants though.

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seraphim, what you are talking about is unrealistic in Africa given the current political climate. The problems in Africa stem from corruption. The rulers are evil dictators that just don't give a f*** about their people. There is no chance of population control so long as there is rampant corruption.

And how can you say "the starving African excuse has run it's course" just because you think "social status climbers and politically correct hipsters have damn near turned starvation in Africa into a religion"? The reality of things again is that there are millions of people starving in Africa and it is not being addressed by certain governments because of rampant corruption. Screw the politically correct hipsters; they should not be able to influence you into ignoring the suffering of others.

I don't have answers as to how to fix the corruption issues in Africa, but I can tell you that things are not going to improve until they are resolved. Hopefully the African people will be able to figure something out.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Like I previously stated:
Humans (and our destructive capacities) are a product of the earth; the will of mother nature if you will. And yes, we are messing up big time, and if we don't get our act together it will probably lead to our demise someday. But at the end of the day, this rock floating in space is pretty insignificant. I do feel more compassion towards my fellow man than I do towards elephants though.

With the exception of a few places in the Caribbean, Africa has the highest murder, rape, and illegitimacy rates in the world. To blame that on corruption is absurd. I could point to many other parts of the world with rampant corruption but no where near the same level of carnage and chaos that Africa seems to endlessly produce. Above and beyond their catastrophic population growth rates there seems to be a much deeper African problem and quite likely on the cultural level (extremely violent forms of tribalism being at the forefront).

The World Bank has sent some of the most brilliant minds into Africa to try and come up with an answer as to why most of the development projects there never seem to grow roots. They've also heavily researched the subject of why toppling corrupt dictators always seems to produce equally or even more corrupt regimes. Thus far the World Bank has failed to come up with an answer, or perhaps the conclusions they've reached are too unpleasant to share.

Last edited:

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With the exception of a few places in the Caribbean, Africa has the highest murder, rape, and illegitimacy rates in the world...there seems to be a much deeper African problem and quite likely on the cultural front.
You sure are making Africans out to look like a bunch of raping and murdering lunatics. Let's see if the statistics agree, or if this is just racist babbling:

Rapes (source)
County, Year of Data, % Forced into sex
Peru, 2000, 46.7%
North America, 2003, 40%
Thailand 2000, 29.9%
Zimbabwe, 1996, 25%
UK, 1993, 23%
Mexico, 1996, 23%
Nicaragua, 1993, 21.7%

Murders (1998-2000, source)
Rank Country, Murders (per capita)
#1 Columbia, 0.617847 per 1,000 people
#2 South Africa, 0.496008 per 1,000 people
#3 Jamaica, 0.324196 per 1,000 people
#4 Venezuela, 0.316138 per 1,000 people
#5 Russia, 0.201534 per 1,000 people
#6 Mexico, 0.130213 per 1,000 people
#7 Estonia, 0.107277 per 1,000 people
#16 Zimbabwe 0.0749938 per 1,000 people

Illegitimacy (source)
"In Peru, 90 % of 12 to 16 year old girls giving birth were pregnant from rape, and often incest. (2001)"

Hmm...it sure seems like the rest of the world has to deal with these evils as well, and not just Africa.

Last edited:

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You sure are making Africans out to look like a bunch of raping and murdering lunatics. Let's see if the statistics agree, or if this is just racist babbling:

Rapes (source)
County, Year of Data, % Forced into sex
Peru, 2000, 46.7%
Thailand 2000, 29.9%
Zimbabwe, 1996, 25%
Nicaragua 1993, 21.7%

Murders (1998-2000, source)
Rank Country, Murders (per capita)
#1 Columbia, 0.617847 per 1,000 people
#2 South Africa, 0.496008 per 1,000 people
#3 Jamaica, 0.324196 per 1,000 people
#4 Venezuela, 0.316138 per 1,000 people
#5 Russia, 0.201534 per 1,000 people
#6 Mexico, 0.130213 per 1,000 people
#7 Estonia, 0.107277 per 1,000 people
#16 Zimbabwe 0.0749938 per 1,000 people

Illegitimacy (source)
"In Peru, 90 % of 12 to 16 year old girls giving birth were pregnant from rape, and often incest. (2001)"

Hmm...it sure seems like the rest of the world has to deal with these evils as well, and not just Africa.

I was under the impression that I was having a discussion with a mature adult. The racist jibe proves otherwise, and thus I'll end it on a final note.

Check out what African based Amnesty International researchers have to say about the subject (Sudan, Congo, Zimbabwe, Chad, Somalia, etc). Government reported stats while accurate in developed countries aren't even remotely accurate in many places across Africa (especially where brutal dictators and war and or famine prevail). Amnesty field researchers have however managed to gather a fair amount of alarming data (sadly it even touches on widespread cannibalism and rampant slave trade). The Medical Research Council of South Africa also recently reported that one in four South African men have raped someone. It's a mostly black organization so I don't think any racial bias has tarnished the data. Peru isn't even in the same galaxy as that figure. Murder and illegitimacy rates as reported by field researchers in Africa are equally as alarming, and without question unparalleled.

Last edited:

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Amnesty field researchers have however managed to gather a fair amount of alarming data. The Medical Research Council of South Africa also recently reported that one in four South African men have raped someone.
1 out of 3 women worldwide has experienced rape or sexual assault. (2001, source). Of course these numbers are alarming. What's happening in Africa is the result of corruption and war, not because of African culture. Even if some rich white bankers think otherwise.
Seraphim said:
With the exception of a few places in the Caribbean, Africa has the highest murder, rape, and illegitimacy rates in the world...there seems to be a much deeper African problem and quite likely on the cultural front.
Thus far the World Bank has failed to come up with an answer

Last edited:

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1 out of 3 women worldwide has experienced rape or sexual assault. (2001, source). Of course these numbers are alarming. What's happening in Africa is the result of corruption and war, not because of African culture. Even if some rich white bankers think otherwise.

The World Bank isn't just a bunch of "white people", the organization includes people from every nation on earth (i.e. all skin tones). Why do clowns like you always have to inject race/racism into discussions about African issues? Sheesh...

paulbakerboo

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you still think godaddy will be allowed to sponsor the superbowl?

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The World Bank isn't just a bunch of "white people", the organization includes people from every nation on earth (i.e. all skin tones). Why do clowns like you always have to inject race/racism into discussions about African issues? Sheesh...
On May 30, 2007, President George W. Bush nominated Robert Zoellick to replace Paul Wolfowitz as President of the World Bank. Previously, Mr. Zoellick was a managing director of Goldman Sachs.

Paul Wolfowitz was the previous president of the World Bank. He is considered a leading neoconservative, and as Deputy Secretary of Defense, he was "a major architect of President Bush's Iraq policy and ... its most hawkish advocate." (source)

You startin' to get the type of people that are running the World Bank?

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On May 30, 2007, President George W. Bush nominated Robert Zoellick to replace Paul Wolfowitz as President of the World Bank. Previously, Mr. Zoellick was a managing director of Goldman Sachs.

Paul Wolfowitz was the previous president of the World Bank. He is considered a leading neoconservative, and as Deputy Secretary of Defense, he was "a major architect of President Bush's Iraq policy and ... its most hawkish advocate." (source)

You startin' to get the type of people that are running the World Bank?

Good point Rain Man. So if Larry Page murdered someone then obviously that means all 24,400 employees of Google are equally as sinister? Paul Wolfowitz was forced to resign from his World Bank position for ethics violations. If the whole organization is full of "white devils" as you say, then why was he forced to step down? Are you an Alex Jones fan? :D

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nope, not an Alex Jones fan. He makes everyone that is against our banking system look bad. I'm assuming its banks that he's against, but I never paid any attention to the man. I do hear things here and there though.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

aul Wolfowitz was forced to resign from his World Bank position for ethics violations. If the whole organization is full of "white devils" as you say, then why was he forced to step down?
To protect the legitimacy of the bank, of course. And I didn't say anything about "white devils", but for these old rich white bankers to try and claim that the rape, murder, and illegitimacy in Africa are the result of African culture sounds racist to me. And since the facts showed otherwise, that's how I took it.

Alright I'm on over 24 hours of no sleep so I'm gonna go to bed.

Last edited:

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

One rhetorical question, one fact as put forth by The Medical Research Council of South Africa (and further propagated by the BBC, Time Magazine, CNN, The Guardian, and hundreds of other mainstream media sources). We were briefly discussing the greater African carnage and chaos outside of the direct subject of Bob Parsons' hunting trip. I do not think that anyone in Africa is raping elephants, nor was I attempting to imply that indirectly (I don't even think that's physically possible).

Last edited:

ilovedomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/01/zimbabwe-conservationist-responds-to-godaddy-ceos-elephant-hunt/

Illegal poaching occurs all over Africa. How is the situation different in Zimbabwe?
The problem in Zimbabwe is the guardians of the wildlife are the perpetrators. We're the only country in Africa that shoots game to pay wages to national park guardians and ration meat to their staff. It's sick. You wouldn't tolerate it. The villagers don't see a penny. Park authorities just >>>sell<<< them the meat.

The government deliberately inflates the number of elephants so they can allot a certain number to be killed. They use the income generated to pay the wages to the park staffers and to keep the parks running because they have no money."

http://www.zctf.mweb.co.zw/
The Zimbabwe Conservation Task force was formed in April 2001 by a group of Zimbabweans, who were desperately concerned about the unacceptable levels of poaching as well as the destruction of the environment due to the break down of law and order in Zimbabwe

Last edited:

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Responding purely to the original topic, and without the politics, I think Parsons' junket is completely revolting. He should be ashamed of himself. In fact I bet he's regretting it right now. Loser.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He's hardly regretting it. He is relishing and loving all the free press and publicity it has created for him and his company.

He could not even begin to pay for all the press coverage this has generated.

I have seen him frontpage of nearly every major network online agency (msnbc, cnn, business week) and now I just saw this on Wired.com

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011...op+Stories+2))&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

GoDaddy’s Bob Parsons OK With Causing A Media Stampede (Again)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bob is on a rampage. Next he's going to shoot a GOP member.

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is an interesting paragraph that comes from actual (published) research, and not media bias:
In other countries, however, trophy hunting provides a means of turning a problem into assets...resulting in greater tolerance of elephants and fewer animals killed overall (4). In Zimbabwe, implementing trophy hunting has doubled the area of the country under wildlife management relative to the 13% in state protected areas (3). As a result, the area of suitable land available to elephants and other wildlife has increased, reversing the problem of habitat loss and helping to maintain a sustained population increase in Zimbabwe's already large elephant population (8).
Source: Report from the Durrell Institute of Conservation and Ecology, Dice University of Kent (link), with help from the Amboseli Elephant Research Project, African Wildlife Foundation in Nairobi, Kenya.

Published by The American Association for the Advancement of Science.

Last edited:

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If Parsons was serious about helping, he would work with organizations like the World Wildlife Fund and groups that protect animals; and he could donate money to groups that can help the villages he visits. He may very well donate and help them, but its all so self-promotional, it just stinks.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If Parsons was serious about helping, he would work with organizations like the World Wildlife Fund and groups that protect animals; and he could donate money to groups that can help the villages he visits. He may very well donate and help them, but its all so self-promotional, it just stinks.

I think your post gets right to the crux of the issue.

Bill Gates doesnt use his wealth to go to a impoverished country to kill an endangered species, to feed the townsfolks, and toss around his Microsoft hats and t-shirts, in the name of humanitarianism.

The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation is instead about education and invests in finding ways to help provide tools that people can use to grow themselves into more productive persons. So far he has given away a full one third of his wealth.

Bob Parsons,.... well,... he exibited exactly what you described above as self-promotional and self-rewarding expression under the idiotic guize of humanitarianism.

All but the most moronic idiots in first-world countries would buy that as an excuse.

Sure, he may have convinced the little community he helped by feeding that he was their savior, he may have patronized the Zimbuabwe officials that their monetary extortion of their resources for illigitimate gains was fair and worthy, but anyone with a sense of reasonable understanding and civility would know this was all just a hunting trip for him and some upper-management.

Now he has to backpeddle and find ways to show him as a decent individual again.

Like I said before, he will still sell gobs of domains, he will likely still go elephant hunting and toss out chotskies to the villagers, but at least now I for one know for sure what kind of man he really is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators