Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Godaddy CEO Bob Parsons is proud of shooting an elephant in Africa - Disgusting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

H2FC

Bob Parsons is supposed to be on CNN sometimes today to talk about it...hope I haven't missed it. Does anyone know what time its on?

Domain summit 2024

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Updates:

Bob Parsons now admits to shooting FIVE elephants to death.

This story is now on the front page of CNN and MSNBC.

Godaddy has said it "hasn't affected business", which is the same think Doug Manchester told news organizations shortly before he went into bankruptcy after his hotels were boycotted because he bankrolled the hate campaign against gays "to protect the sanctity of marriage" while he filed for divorce. His business manager was clear - the boycott caused the hotel to fail and caused bankruptcy.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
please post the time so i can watch it too.

H

H2FC

Go here and click on the link on the right hand side to see the cnn interview of Bob Parsons, http://www.cnn.com/video/

He said he's been killing elephants for years and will continue doing it. He says he does it for the local poor people over there but I consider him as the perfect example of a self-serving greedy rich person who would entertain himself with destroying any animal simple for his amusement.....as a teen he was probably one who would pour gasoline on dogs or cats and set them on fire just to watch them suffer.

I suppose a person like this should be pittied but I find it impossible to do.

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as a teen he was probably one who would pour gasoline on dogs or cats and set them on fire just to watch them suffer
Yes because a quick clean kill in an organized and legal hunt is a lot like burning a house pet alive.

The animals that go into your chicken nuggets suffer a lot more than these elephants did...never seeing the light of day and getting their feathers painfully plucked while they are still alive. Now that's torture. That doesn't stop people from eating them though.

Of course its food so its okay...can't live without those chicken nuggets; while the local Africans can survive just fine without free-range elephants.

Last edited:

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes because a quick clean kill in an organized and legal hunt is a lot like burning a house pet alive.

The animals that go into your chicken nuggets suffer a lot more than these elephants did...never seeing the light of day and getting their feathers painfully plucked while they are still alive. Now that's torture. That doesn't stop people from eating them though.

Of course its food so its okay...can't live without those chicken nuggets; while the local Africans can survive just fine without free-range elephants.

How do you know it was "a quick clean kill"? Were you there? From what I've heard, there is nothing "quick" or "clean" about it. Because of their size, it's hard to hit a vital organ, and when they do it's a slow death. There was blood all over the face of the elephant in the photo with Parsons, which suggests it took a while to die and was likely thrashing.

And we now know Parsons has done this FIVE times, so he is a habitual sadist. This indicates a lack of empathy, a trait shared by most people who eventually torture and kill humans.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

There are alot more chickens raised for the sole purpose of becoming food and under federal guidelines in one commercial chicken coop,..

.... then there are elephants in Africa total.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

"When you see me smiling in that picture, I’m smiling because I’m relieved no one was hurt, that the crop was saved, and that these people were going to be fed — the type of smile when you get a good report card or achieve a goal,” he says

Yahuh,... I dare anyone to look through any hunting website or magazine, and look at the trophy kill pictures.

The hunters smile in the pictures.

That is the smile of a hunt gone well.

And the picture is taken for a magazine shot, or maybe a framed office photo.

But it aint because you are "relieved no one was hurt, that the crop was saved, and that these people were going to be fed".

That statement is plain bull****, and any other hunter will tell you that.

Last edited:

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are alot more chickens raised for the sole purpose of becoming food and under federal guidelines in one commercial chicken coop,..

.... then there are elephants in Africa total.

It's a good thing there is only one Bob Parsons then!

But seriously, in certain parts of Africa elephants are hunted not only for food but also to thin the herd as to prevent over-population. This is one important reason that dear are hunted here in America. Sure, in some parts of Africa this is not the case, but it is ignorant to assume that they are endangered in all parts of Africa.

PETA is infamous for extortion...which I'm sure is exactly what happened here. And because of this I hope that GoDaddy's revenue is not noticeably affected.

There are better organization out there to support if you want to help promote animal rights. PETA is run like a con. Please see http://www.petakillsanimals.com. They are not interested in helping animals...they do it just for the media attention. And afterward they kill the animals. The facts on that website are from PETA themselves, and the actual reports are linked for reference and verification.

Last edited:

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PETA is infamous for extortion...which I'm sure is exactly what happened here.

OK, I hear ya.

Tell me then,... why are you so sure of this.

This is important to your arguement.

And no, I am not a paid member.

So tell me,.... why are you sure. And use some facts just to make it good for me.

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tell me then,... why are you so sure of this.

This is important to your arguement.

So tell me,.... why are you sure. And use some facts just to make it good for me.
You and I both know that extortion is illegal, and if PETA were to leak evidence of this there would be a criminal investigation. Not that there haven't been criminal investigations against PETA in the past that have resulted in members going to prison, while PETA's leader praised the aforementioned members.

Kind of like when the local mafia shakes down business owners. I don't have hard evidence they're doing it other than the business owner's account, but everybody in town is well aware of it.

Last edited:

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While I wont entertain that,..

... mainly because i wish to address this...

PETA is infamous for extortion...which I'm sure is exactly what happened here.

I specifically want to know how you can be so sure.

You brought Peta into this discussion, not me.

Now, make it viable if you will.

Otherwise it is just a political distraction ploy.

I dont wish to address the issues without supporting evidence.

I am not going to play political or policy ploy here.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First off, I don't hunt. Think it's kind of weak. Some go as far as dousing themselves with animal piss, hanging out in trees, camouflaged popping off a few into an animal while they're eating or going to the bathroom.

Having said that, if I didn't have grocery stores near me, all over the place, cows would be nervous as I walk by because I do eat meat. I also kill bugs which would make me the enemy of PETA. PETA kills more animals than Bob. http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

For those transferring domains and upset by this. What if the owner of the new registrar hunts? You going to keep transferring domains until you find one run by a vegetarian?

Why didn't you transfer years ago? This isn't the first time he's done this, not the first time he's posted up videos.

I always hear people from other countries say how Americans love their pets/animals more than people and here is another case.

First how about the people there? Their opinion counts more than anybody's here. Crops getting destroyed, this is what they do. You see how they went at the elephant to get that meat? Seemed like they were pretty hungry. The elephant didn't go to waste. Did they look upset with Bob killing that elephant? Didn't look like it.

Is everybody outraged a vegetarian? Because, like I said, I eat meat. If you do and have a problem with this, you're a hypocrite. Those animals get slaughtered so people can eat meat. That's just the reality of things.

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While I wont entertain that,..

... mainly because i wish to address this...

I specifically want to know how you can be so sure.

You brought Peta into this discussion, not me.

Now, make it viable if you will.

Otherwise it is just a political distraction ploy.

I dont wish to address the issues without supporting evidence.

I am not going to play political or policy ploy here.
I am sure because I am aware of the practices that PETA participates in. But since neither of us can prove it either way why are you getting hung up on it? Oh yeah, you don't have any other argument to the actual point I was making in that post, which is that there is nothing wrong with legal elephant hunting. That was the argument.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First off, I don't hunt. Think it's kind of weak.Why didn't you transfer years ago? This isn't the first time he's done this, not the first time he's posted up videos.

I always hear people from other countries say how Americans love their pets/animals more than people and here is another case.

First how about the people there? Their opinion counts more than anybody's here. Crops getting destroyed, this is what they do. You see how they went at the elephant to get that meat? Seemed like they were pretty hungry. The elephant didn't go to waste. Did they look upset with Bob killing that elephant? Didn't look like it.

Is everybody outraged a vegetarian? Because, like I said, I eat meat. If you do and have a problem with this, you're a hypocrite. Those animals get slaughtered so people can eat meat. That's just the reality of things.

Cool for you and I respect that. Hunting is a choice. And protecting certain species is a choice.

Nuff said.

BUT !! ,... Bob's responce with CNN says more about him than the GoDaddy 'supporters' suggest.

He says he was helping the children, helping starving people, helping the crops.

And I say Bull****.

He was on a company paid hunting trip tossing out t-shirts and hats to the villagers while getting photo-ops for the office wall and hunting mags.

Bring PETA here in the discussion, bring the starving children and farmers, bring the chicken McNugget manufacturers, it all boils down to one thing,...

A nice picture to add to the other four, on the office wall,... and a nice tax deduction for the corporation.

Tell me more.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

I am sure because I am aware of the practices that PETA participates in. But since neither of us can prove it either way why are you getting hung up on it? Oh yeah, you don't have any other argument to the actual point I was making in that post, which is that there is nothing wrong with legal elephant hunting. That was the argument.

So that is your supporting evidence.

OK.

You like to have elephants hunted.

Tell Bob I said Hi.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"He says he was helping the children, helping starving people, helping the crops."

Don't know the guys intent but the end result, whatever his intent, is exactly what I quoted from you. Again, did they look upset? Did they look at the elephant and cry and say, nah, we're good, our bellies are full? It's a fact they do destroy crops. It's a fact many people there are starving. Screw the people, save the elephant? People kill animals, people eat animals. Animals kill animals, animals eat animals. Not pretty but nothing new. Hunting has been around since the dawn of man. Some just for sport, some for sport/food. This one was a bit of both.

Last edited:

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's a fact many people there are starving. Screw the people, save the elephant? People kill animals, people eat animals. Animals kill animals, animals eat animals. Not pretty but nothing new. Hunting has been around since the dawn of man. Some just for sport, some for sport/food. This one was a bit of both.
You put it perfectly. Legal elephant hunting is not putting the species at danger; therefore I have no problem with it. I'm not a hunter, and like I previously stated, I would have been content with just observing the elephants myself. But who am I to say (legal) elephant hunting is wrong?

We do much worse things to our livestock here in America than what a free-range elephant experiences. At least they can support their own weight and move around, and also have functioning eyes from having enjoyed the sunlight. They eat wholesome vegetation, without being fed unnecessary antibiotics, growth hormones, and whatever else ends up in animal feed. They are given a large patch of land to roam, which is the result of human over-population, not Bob Parsons. But it would be no good for the elephants if they over-populated this space.

How we treat our livestock here in America is cruel, and if you have the willpower to stop eating meat because you don't want to support it, that is very respectable. I have a suspicion though that most people that are getting upset about this whole elephant thing do enjoy some chicken or a hamburger from time to time.

We are an absurd species.

Edit:
Maybe it has something to do with people loving Dumbo as kids.

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

He says he was helping the children, helping starving people, helping the crops.

And I say Bull****.
He did have to pay $6500 per license, plus $xx,xxx for a skilled tracker each time. It's a 2 week hunt for a single elephant. I'm sure it's quite an adventure hunting for two weeks with a skilled tracker through the African wilderness. That sounds like fun actually, I might have to try to do that sometime in my lifetime (hold the elephant though, I just want the experience).

How would a poor Zimbabwean farmer be able to afford a license to legally kill an elephant? If they cannot legally kill a problem elephant that is destroying their crops, how are they supposed to feed their families and others in the community? And there's something in it for Bob since he's an avid hunter.

I'm sure he was charitable while he was there...he interacted with these people first hand and witnessed their suffering.I'm sure he interacted with starving children while he was there, and felt the human connection that is missing in the media's barbaric portrayal of these people.

As a privileged millionaire American, how could he look these people in the eyes and not lend a hand? I know 11.99 for a .com is steep but come on.

It seems to me that the hunts were more for Bob than for charity, but that doesn't make it wrong. And it doesn't mean it wasn't for charity.

Last edited:

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love the excuse "but he fed an entire village of starving Africans." The problem is that doesn't really say much, you could walk out into an African forest and butterfly kick a rotten tree stump and probably achieve the same result. "Oh hey look, centipedes."

Judging by the fact that hunting elephants is legal, I'm going to assume that zoos and elephant sanctuaries are running full at the moment? What a shame that with all of Bob Parsons wealth and business connections that he doesn't sponsor or help set up an elephant sanctuary of some sort. I'd pay an extra 0.25 per annual domain renewal if I knew that it was going to help fund a sanctuary for "problem elephants AKA elephants suffering from loss of habitat".

Last edited:

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love the excuse "but he fed an entire village of starving Africans." The problem is that doesn't really say much, you could walk out into an African forest and butterfly kick a rotten tree stump and probably achieve the same result. "Oh hey look, centipedes."

Judging by the fact that hunting elephants is legal, I'm going to assume that zoos and elephant sanctuaries are running full at the moment? What a shame that with all of Bob Parsons wealth and business connections that he doesn't sponsor or help set up an elephant sanctuary of some sort. I'd pay an extra 0.25 per annual domain renewal if I knew that it was going to help fund a sanctuary for "problem elephants AKA elephants suffering from loss of habitat".
Unfortunately we live in the real world where land is limited and people are too many. If you take land away from people and give it to the elephants, many people will die. Is it really worth it? I know many at PETA would say yes but that's just plain cold and an unhealthy attitude that is indicative of underlying psychological issues.

Yea it sucks that land is limited but that's the way it is. These people are already starving with the land they have.

Hopefully soon cheap desalination along with improved irrigation will help to feed the continent. That's only one of the battles many African nations face though, with corruption being what's holding everything back from what I've gathered talking to Africans I've worked with.

PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk said:
Even if animal tests produced a cure for AIDS, we’d be against it.

Carl Cohen said:
Those who will not make the morally relevant distinctions among species are almost certain, in consequence, to misapprehend their true obligations.

Last edited:

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately we live in the real world where land is limited and people are too many. If you take land away from people and give it to the elephants, many people will die. Is it really worth it? I know many at PETA would say yes but that's just plain cold and an unhealthy attitude that is indicative of underlying psychological issues.

Yea it sucks that land is limited but that's the way it is. These people are already starving with the farmland they have.

Hopefully soon cheap desalination along with improved irrigation will help to feed the continent. That's only one of the battles many African nations face though, with corruption being what's holding everything back from what I've gathered talking to Africans I've worked with.

If you want to talk about the "real world" then why not go beyond just grazing the surface of the "real problem". Sub-Saharan Africa has an absolutely reckless and grossly unsustainable demographic growth rate. Here in the "real world" that means that "real animal habitat" is decreasing in Africa at a rate faster than it has at any other point in human history. Your argument seems to hinge on human life being more valuable than animal life, and thus human driven destruction of the natural environment is always justified. That is complete and total bullshit, and following that crazy train idea to it's end would mean that 100% of the natural animal habitat around the globe will eventually be sacrificed on the altar of reckless human reproductive behavior.

Animals cannot draw a line in the sand and say this is our habitat, do not spread your civilization beyond this line. It's up to compassionate humans to draw that line for the animal kingdom should we want them to accompany us as life on this planet moves forward. I reject your all or nothing argument because I have faith in the ability of mankind to create a world where humans and the natural world can live in harmony. In my opinion that starts with voluntary human population control, something that Africa and other parts of the developing world still don't seem to even begin to understand. Shooting the proverbial canary in the the coal mine is counterproductive, especially taking into consideration that this particular canary has a threatened status for Christ's sake.

The starving African excuse has run it's course. Social status climbers and politically correct hipsters have damn near turned starvation in Africa into a religion. It's become the trump card for the shamelessly self-interested and Bob Parsons now finds himself amongst the holier than thou ranks of ass clowns such as Bono and Angelina Jolie. People need to start speaking the truth about Africa's "real problem", otherwise the animal kingdom's plight on that continent is as doomed as the humans living there.

And for the record I don't support PETA due to their violent history, so I'm not sure what your point is there. When it comes to barbarism by way of flimsy excuses they're right up there with Bob Parsons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators