Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

h.com 2 letter IDN! xn--h-rmb.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, that's okay that you feel that way. Though I really don't understand why you do. I have done business with some of the largest DN portfolio holders in the world. Like I said, I am not trying to scam anyone Rubberduck, and frankly I could care less if you want to do business with me or not. In the end, it's only going to be your loss.

Domain summit 2024

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
godfrey90sf said:
Well, that's okay that you feel that way. Though I really don't understand why you do. I have done business with some of the largest DN portfolio holders in the world. Like I said, I am not trying to scam anyone Rubberduck, and frankly I could care less if you want to do business with me or not. In the end, it's only going to be your loss.

Well, thats as maybe, but somehow I doubt I'll notice the difference. I do not, however, accept that your "Kiss and Make Up" cuts any ice when you have neither acknowledge nor conceded anything.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is there left to acknowledge or concede? I owe you nothing for posting here. It's understandable that some people think that "mixed script" IDNs are not valuable. On the other hand, as I posted in an earlier post, I personally like them. The fact that you expect some sort of apology for anything that has been said in these posts is ridiculous. Business is Business.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
An acknowledgement that mixed script can only serve as a vehicle for fraud it what I would be looking for. Yes, business is business and in my view your actions are damaging to mine and every other IDN trader. Frankly, I would not not be looking for an apology but a ban!

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A ban of what? Of me? Of mixed script IDNs? I do not understand why mixed script IDNs are a vehicle for fraud. As i stated earlier, phishing attacks are going to happen if the scammer has the domain name or not. How can you use an IDN as a vehicle for an attack? When the unsuspecting consumer clicks on the link it is going to display the punycode in the address bar, just as it would if they were using a different domain name. The only way that a scammer could use an IDN for a phishing scam is to display it in a link, though they could do that if they own the DN or IDN or not. Why are you getting so upset about this? GIVE ME A BREAK!

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I would ban mixed Scripts from the Sale Forums full stop. They would not be permitted at IDNF.

Obviously, individual cannot be banned for breaking rules that are yet to exist, but I fail to have any respect for anyone that is trading names whose only purpose can be fraudulent. The fact that there my be system in some applications to intercept that fraud changes nothing in my view.

Your insistence to follow your present course of action does nothing to pursuade me that your are doing anything other than acting in bad faith, by selling a domain that you know will probably be deleted in the near future.

The buyer is either naive or only interested in maliceous purposes to which this domain will most likely be put. Some of the interest in these domains is probably down to their already limited supply.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see that you feel strongly about the fact that these IDNs can be used for fradulent purposes. I did not know this at the time of registration.

ALL BIDS ARE CANCELED ON THIS IDN. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR POST OFFERS. IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT MIXED SCRIPT IDNS ARE USED FOR FRADULENT PURPOSES AND THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT AT ALL. I KNOW HOW IT IS TO BE SCAMMED! THIS IDN WILL BE ABANDONED BY MYSELF AND NO FURTHER ACTION TO SELL THIS IDN WILL BE TAKEN.

Thank you for your posts. I appreciate all of the comments and I have learned alot about mixed script IDNs from everyone. Thanks again.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
godfrey90sf said:
I see that you feel strongly about the fact that these IDNs can be used for fradulent purposes. I did not know this at the time of registration.

ALL BIDS ARE CANCELED ON THIS IDN. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR POST OFFERS. IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT MIXED SCRIPT IDNS ARE USED FOR FRADULENT PURPOSES AND THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT AT ALL. I KNOW HOW IT IS TO BE SCAMMED! THIS IDN WILL BE ABANDONED BY MYSELF AND NO FURTHER ACTION TO SELL THIS IDN WILL BE TAKEN.

Thank you for your posts. I appreciate all of the comments and I have learned alot about mixed script IDNs from everyone. Thanks again.

Thank-You,

I am sure that is the correst course of action and will re-establish your reputation as a Gentleman, and I believe will set the correct precedent for this Forum.

Best Regards

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you Rubber Duck. And for the record it has never been my intentions to scam, fight, argue, put down, or manipulate anyone in this forum.

Also just listed this for sale:

Bangkok in Thai, native language of Thailand.

28th largest city in the WORLD at 7,221,000.

Results 1 - 10 of about 199,000 for บางกอก.

English overture of Bangkok is 50K.

บางกอก.net
Bangkok.net
xn--12caq9eve1a.net

Registered through Dynadot.com

BIN: 1K

Godfrey90sf@aol.com

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is the honourable thing to do and surely it is the most constructive course of action, although strictly speaking a full disclosure about the uncertainty surrounding these names would suffice.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
godfrey90sf said:
I see that you feel strongly about the fact that these IDNs can be used for fradulent purposes. I did not know this at the time of registration. ALL BIDS ARE CANCELED ON THIS IDN. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR POST OFFERS. IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT MIXED SCRIPT IDNS ARE USED FOR FRADULENT PURPOSES AND THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT AT ALL. I KNOW HOW IT IS TO BE SCAMMED! THIS IDN WILL BE ABANDONED BY MYSELF AND NO FURTHER ACTION TO SELL THIS IDN WILL BE TAKEN.

Bravo! Thanks for stepping up for the good of the up and coming IDN domaining industry!

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like I said, it is not/was not my intentions on defrauding/assisting in the defrauding anyone. I do hope that IDN buyers will now take a serious look at the other excellent IDNs that I have for sale.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After reading this Thread - I have to LOL @ the pure Jealousy, Ignorance, Egotism and Delusion that some people have towards themselves and their domains (or should I say in this case, someone else’s domains).

Guns don't kill people - People kill people.
Domains don't phish people - people phish people.

To be accusatory and presumptuous towards someone’s guilt with NO evidence they broke any laws only shows how immature and jealous some people can get, and to claim they hold the "facts" (with no evidence of their own) versus someone else's opinion of "Fact" is just hilarious. Not to mention the ignorant-centric position some people use as a claim to being right and justifies going on a baseless witch-hunt to rid the World of the Demons which scare them.

Making assumptions based on hypothetical circumstantial scenarios (these names are ONLY for phishing) which no one has proven beyond a doubt in this kangaroo court is the case for ALL names like this goes to show the immaturity of some people to then claim ANY and ALL names like this are 100% only for illegal purposes.

To claim defense of the integrity of whole IDN community is very big of some people, but somehow, I don't think ANYONE here has been certified defender of IDN (only maybe certified defender of their own interests, as there are NO true altruistic acts done by anyone here, or elsewhere for that matter).

It's shameful how far some people will go to put down others only to show they are the ones who lack respect and professionalism and knowledge.

MANY names are advertised here @ DNF for sale or otherwise, and there is no required Template for disclosure, nor one for due diligence, and like anything on this planet, it's Buyer Beware. People claim the ignorance of the buyer is the sellers responsibility in this Thread, but that, imo, is where people are delusional and lose face in being taken seriously.

In the end, this Thread simply did wonders to expose those who are disrespectful to DNF and all it's members to self-righteously hijack this thread to turn in into a pissing match for their own ego-stroke, but hey - why should this Thread be any different than the many other Thread which receive this same kind of unwanted treatment.

While I understand it can be a cathartic release for many to spew their verbal diarrhea around the World, I think it can be done in better ways, but hey, what can I say, here I am spewing away - and for that, I apologize to Godfrey for posting this in his Thread and I hope Godfrey the best in all his continued domain success. (6-700 sales a year - got to be doing something right)

...and to Everyone else - Best Success in All Your Endeavours!

PS: I personally do not know anyone who posted to this thread, so I personally don't know if in realty any of the people here are criminals or not (it's possible either way) - but I did not see anything criminal here started by the originating Post, only that which was unaquainted by others.

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"We" didn't "expose" ourselves nor did "we" act as self-proclaimed judges and executioners, I (as did others) responded with aggrevation due to the fact that these mixed term names have caused much of the negative association domainers have with IDN's in general.
This is based on 2 years of idn experience, my word is my proof, take it or leave it.

This matter has been resolved as it should be, however, admittedly this discussion is taking place in the wrong thread and in the wrong forum but that doesn't make it less necessary to discuss this subject. It is important for the success and the acceptance of idn's that there is a consensus among the idn'ers about what is and what is not acceptable.

This thread should never have been opened in the first place, discussing that in public makes dn'ers aware of the objections that exist against these mixed names hopefully preventing them from opening new threads like it.

It was not my intention to accuse Godfrey of anything and I do not believe he is malicious in offering this names but a discrete notification of the objections would simply not suffice to asort the preventive effect.

This thread should be closed ASAP and there should imo be something of a sticky as to what is (not) acceptable.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NostraDomainus said:
After reading this Thread - I have to LOL @ the pure Jealousy, Ignorance, Egotism and Delusion that some people have towards themselves and their domains (or should I say in this case, someone else’s domains). To be accusatory and presumptuous towards someone’s guilt with NO evidence they broke any laws only shows how immature and jealous some people can get, and to claim they hold the "facts" (with no evidence of their own) versus someone else's opinion of "Fact" is just hilarious.

You should read the thread again. This is not at all what this was about, but rather helping to educate others and pointing out to potential buyers that this IDN 1) will not be searched for 2) is what is thought of as a novelty domain 3) there is a possiblity it may be cancelled and you are out money.

NostraDomainus- Please Please Please!!!! If you can see the future value of this against the opinions of guys posting here among whom I know to be among the top "experts" in the IDN field (self not included) .....then YOU step up and Buy this domain at BIN and see what the "future" holds for its appreciation!

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"...admittedly this discussion is taking place in the wrong thread and in the wrong forum..." ~ Bramiozo

Exactly.

DNF Rules Sate:

NO COMMENTS IN SALES! - Only questions pertaining to the sale at hand.

So yes, many people are guilty of breaking that one before the Originator was forced to shut the Sale down a few Post back (and yes, I've even done it elsewhere myself, but have come to see the light as of late :)).

So regardless of:

"...but that doesn't make it less necessary to discuss this subject. It is important for the success and the acceptance of idn's that there is a consensus among the idn'ers about what is and what is not acceptable.
" ~ Bramiozo

...which I never said ANYTHING against (am even for) - Still doesn't justify people breaking DNF Rules, no matter how seemingly right your reason may or may not be.

"helping to educate others and pointing out to potential buyers that this IDN 1) will not be searched for 2) is what is thought of as a novelty domain 3) there is a possiblity it may be cancelled and you are out money." ~ bwhhisc

Which, in doing so, were Comments - refer to DNF Rules re: Comments in Sales Threads.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for educating and learning, but based on DNF Rules which I have seen and been made aware of, this is not the way to do it.

All other points beyond breaking the Rules is therefor moot, in many respects.

Best Success in Everyone's Endeavours!

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NostraDomainus said:
"...admittedly this discussion is taking place in the wrong thread and in the wrong forum..." ~ Bramiozo

Exactly.

DNF Rules Sate:

NO COMMENTS IN SALES! - Only questions pertaining to the sale at hand.

So yes, many people are guilty of breaking that one before the Originator was forced to shut the Sale down a few Post back (and yes, I've even done it elsewhere myself, but have come to see the light as of late :)).

So regardless of:

"...but that doesn't make it less necessary to discuss this subject. It is important for the success and the acceptance of idn's that there is a consensus among the idn'ers about what is and what is not acceptable.
" ~ Bramiozo

...which I never said ANYTHING against (am even for) - Still doesn't justify people breaking DNF Rules, no matter how seemingly right your reason may or may not be.

"helping to educate others and pointing out to potential buyers that this IDN 1) will not be searched for 2) is what is thought of as a novelty domain 3) there is a possiblity it may be cancelled and you are out money." ~ bwhhisc

Which, in doing so, were Comments - refer to DNF Rules re: Comments in Sales Threads.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for educating and learning, but based on DNF Rules which I have seen and been made aware of, this is not the way to do it.

All other points beyond breaking the Rules is therefor moot, in many respects.

Best Success in Everyone's Endeavours!

Yes, but the real problem which I believe DCG is trying to address is that there is inadequate structure to the Forum to properly address IDN, which has been a big issue for a while. Pointing to an inadequate set of rules to justify to the morally unacceptable just won't do I am afraid.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rubber Duck said:
Pointing to an inadequate set of rules to justify to the morally unacceptable just won't do I am afraid.
I don't make the rules - DNF does - adequate or not - and 'Won't Do' for who?

Those who pay to be members for a forum based on it's rules do not need others arguing their outside 'morals' in order to 'justify' breaking said rules.

If you don't like the rules, talk to management, or go elsewhere, like anything else in life - but don't shoot the messenger - these rules were here before I came here.

Any authoritative source of information would only do better to start their own site instead of breaking the rules of another site to try and make gains.

Re: Structure - I am sure DCG and DNF are doing their best to address the concerns you and others have, but I dare say neither told you to break the rules in the meantime at the expense of other members. If it's a matter of structure, that's to discuss with DNF, not at the expense of a members thread.

It's great to see such passion behind IDNs, but like everything, there is a proper time and place for which to positively express it.

Carpe Peaciem!

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Requiring posters to include the associated language tag in their IDN sales listing would greatly help organize things.

Ron

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domagon said:
Requiring posters to include the associated language tag in their IDN sales listing would greatly help organize things.

Ron
Great suggestion Ron - I would second that motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators