Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Help sought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MattyP

I have lost the name of the registrar to one of my domain names, PictureShow.info

The whois simply has this as the registrar Sponsoring Registrar:R126-LRMS

How may I find out who, Sponsoring Registrar:R126-LRMS, is.

Thanks for any help you may have.

Domain summit 2024

simone

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I just double checked snoopys post, Matt, it shows up as being an enom name.

M

MattyP

Thanks Snoopy and Simone for your advice.

After reading snoopy's post It did seem to be an Enom name.
I went to their site and apparently I am not a member nor have I ever registered a name with them.

I at snoopy's prompting feel that it may be an affiliate of Enom that registered the name.

I have emailed Enom asking them to check and see if it was indeed one of their affiliate registrars.

Not surprisingly I have not heard back from them and don't expect to do so.

I don't know any other means of finding the registrar of the name so if anyone else has an opinion I would be grateful.

M

MattyP

From your comments I assume I am not the first to have the problem of losing track of a domain, for whatever reason, and not being able to locate the registrar.

It is my fault for losing the information and sure the penalty for doing so, in Murphy's Law, should be make it difficult to recover the info.

But making it virtually impossible is a bit harsh. lol

simone

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I guess the only other thing you can do is wait to see who you receive a renewal notice off - but thats a waste if you still have 18 months to go. :)

I would still try enom and see if a reseller of theres sold you the name.

Originally posted by MattyP
From your comments I assume I am not the first to have the problem of losing track of a domain, for whatever reason, and not being able to locate the registrar.

It is my fault for losing the information and sure the penalty for doing so, in Murphy's Law, should be make it difficult to recover the info.

But making it virtually impossible is a bit harsh. lol

MattyP

LtLPhysics has a 'side service'.. offering 'domain archive & safe keeping' services.. He's got all that BS down pat now.. and he knows how to save, file, and CYA... on Dom registrations.. just askM..

j/k LtLphysics (i had to throw that in.. hope you know i'm just having fun with ya)

M

MattyP

For the tip Wanda.

I will try LtlPhysics as you suggest.

However I think it will be a waste of time asking Enom again as they have ignored me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators