Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

question How do you invest your first $100?

This is a general or domain name related question.

Siful Moni

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always believe that premium domain names are the best asset class.
Currently crypto and NFT have got massive attention among the investors.

So if you have $100 how could you invest that money?

jhm

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Brandable, punchy .com's. Only the very best NFT domain's do good, and they're taken, so that $100 budget isn't going to cover it. I have a market for IDN's in Asia, but that's just me...my portfolio is very extensive in this, as well as having premium .com's. IDN's are generally tougher sells, that need specific buyers, but the sentimental value of some are strong. Finding a niche in brandable .com's is a fair rule for most. Little pointer: if you happen to own the .net of an existing company that has their .com, approach them with a sensible ask

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

basically same question was put forth previously

imo...

NFTDom

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
With just $100? It might not be a terrible idea to try and find a good expiring/dropped domain that you can locate a trend or need for. Spend the full $100 give or take on that name alone + a year of it's renewal, and do what you can to inbound market and flip it.

kevinthomppsonn

Level 2
Reaction score
Well, I'm new to this domain buying and selling industry. Learning from this forum & hopefully will buy some domains and sell them at higher cost once I learned the technique of doing it. After that, I'll be ready to explain how I invest my first $100 in which domains.

WarpedMind

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would spend all $100 on Epik's $0.99 promotions! That's $100 domains (well, maybe more like 90 with taxes, but for simplicity's sake, let's say 100). Of course, you still have to be picky about the names... go for keywords.

That's a nice solid portfolio for a beginner... If this is all I have, I'd then put landers on them and start outbounding like crazy... or let the inquiries come to me. I've sold several .co domain for xxx or xxxx... so just one will do more than cover all your expenses... you'll at least double or triple your initial investment and still have 99 domains to sell! (Assuming decent quality for a reasonable price.)

Do this just a few times and you'll make more % ROI then anything else you've ever tried!

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I always believe that premium domain names are the best asset class.
Currently crypto and NFT have got massive attention among the investors.

So if you have $100 how could you invest that money?
I wouldn't consider $100 USD a serious investment. You are risking burning that money as you would a $10 hand reg. You might get a half decent domain on the aftermarket where there is no competition. That's about it.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would spend all $100 on Epik's $0.99 promotions! That's $100 domains (well, maybe more like 90 with taxes, but for simplicity's sake, let's say 100). Of course, you still have to be picky about the names... go for keywords.

That's a nice solid portfolio for a beginner..
Hi

a beginner....
isn't going to know what types of domain names to buy and they will end up wasting their money.

you can't just lead or advise somebody into registering 90 domain names for $0.99 cents each
and say that it's "a nice solid portfolio".

imo....

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
If you know the future you can buy around 90 domains for 100$ as others suggest or invest even into more than 90 names, if you can't foresee the future just look up for expiring domains or get creative and create brands out of one word domains, there are prety a bunch available.

Brandlid

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Epik's promo of 0.99 cents is a perfect opportunity to dig into. With about a hundred carefully chosen, well-researched names, I have no doubt one could earn something from it. Every year, with this kind of promo I always get nice ROI. Although I only ventured into registering about 30-40 domains of this promo type, about 3 to 4 domains were usually sold ranging from $xxx to $x,xxx. The last time the highest I got was $1,900 for a promo handreg domain.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators