Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I am getting burnt out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclovin

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got this from Simon today... Any feedback?

Patty, I have someone who is trying to sell our domains. He needs us
in turn to buy his domains, which will be done by me. That is if he
sells the names for e.g. 80K, then I buy his names for 8K. But the
domains appear to belong to you, so can you email him to tell that you
will buy his names in that proportion (1/10 of sale value, plus
commission of course). I can send his email for you to follow up.

If he's still wanting to use you then try to get your commission back first. Then you can think about making the same mistake again...

Good luck!

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chalk one up to experience and get this loser out of your life asap.

You shouldn't be so desperate in business, if you have to let the odd transaction slide to maintain your own integrity then so be it, you will be better off in the end.

I would email him back saying you will not correspond in any way whatsoever until he has sent your funds. Then make sure you don't.

I have to say I am surprised at how far you let this go...

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
eh..

Last edited:

mclovin

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can I be the first one to say... HOLY COW!

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is an |X| button at the top right corner. That closes the chat. The second option is to block him. :D

mclovin

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Simon Gore... is that even his real name?

victornumber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and I thought that it was only girls that met weird guys.

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Patty,
Stop posting any further regarding your clients. Your business brand, image and services are having a negative impact already. Please use my advice ASAP.

I am not going to say more.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ok, sorry no more posting. I will move on and go about my other business.

Thanks

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wait until you get clueless content customers who host websites 'themselves" and crash their computers and the website disappears for the 4th time. But they want big profits on sites that diseapper overnight? But they write you emails that they want to make money.

wait until you have content writing clients who want you to spend 150 emails in the first week of doing business explaining every concept about doing business online instead of going to the sites and reading it for themselves. They want your Im id because they are so ADD they want 24/7 entertainment and babysitting.

wait until your clients want everything at the same time and then after you bust your butt they "decide" it wasn't what they wanted, like your content was a pair of jeans at Kmart.' But they like to use terms they see that indicate that they know everything about how websites work. but they heard of alexa. they know tags. But they can't operate a hosting account?

What about the content clients who urge you to finish their job because they have a lot of sites to develop and you never hear from them after submission. And the clients who take 4-5 days to pay every invoice instead of 2-3 days.

wait, there's more. What about customers who turn every request to write content into a "partnering" opportunity after getting the writing? They make bad decisions, you pay the price. Here's the part about writing content: if you stipulate what you want you pay for it. Nowhere does it say charity content writer in any of my correpondence.

But the absolute best part has got to be the part where alleged "hiring" clients ask again and again for original samples they can rescramble and use. if you give them a link to 300 articles by you, they say there are none of the topic they want. After you email them the linsk to three articles directly on their topic, you never hear from them again.

I actually think there should be a scammer rating on the content wanted section.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A classic!!!

wait until you get clueless content customers who host websites 'themselves" and crash their computers and the website disappears for the 4th time. But they want big profits on sites that diseapper overnight? But they write you emails that they want to make money.

wait until you have content writing clients who want you to spend 150 emails in the first week of doing business explaining every concept about doing business online instead of going to the sites and reading it for themselves. They want your Im id because they are so ADD they want 24/7 entertainment and babysitting.

wait until your clients want everything at the same time and then after you bust your butt they "decide" it wasn't what they wanted, like your content was a pair of jeans at Kmart.' But they like to use terms they see that indicate that they know everything about how websites work. but they heard of alexa. they know tags. But they can't operate a hosting account?

What about the content clients who urge you to finish their job because they have a lot of sites to develop and you never hear from them after submission. And the clients who take 4-5 days to pay every invoice instead of 2-3 days.

wait, there's more. What about customers who turn every request to write content into a "partnering" opportunity after getting the writing? They make bad decisions, you pay the price. Here's the part about writing content: if you stipulate what you want you pay for it. Nowhere does it say charity content writer in any of my correpondence.

But the absolute best part has got to be the part where alleged "hiring" clients ask again and again for original samples they can rescramble and use. if you give them a link to 300 articles by you, they say there are none of the topic they want. After you email them the linsk to three articles directly on their topic, you never hear from them again.

I actually think there should be a scammer rating on the content wanted section.

primavera

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"If while building a house, a carpenter strikes a nail and it proves faulty by bending, does the carpenter lose faith in all nails and stop building his house?" - Master Kan

Don't get burned out by one bent nail...

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There will always be different types of clients. Some are difficult. Some are easy to work for. *****ing about them in public will not help your future prospects.

"Customer service" is a skill that's required learning in freelancing. It teaches you how to deal with difficult clients, problems and whatever issues may arise. I'm not being a smartass. I used to work in this field for a few years. It goes way beyond helping people.

Bottom line, myst woman and democrat, difficult clients are guaranteed. Sometimes it may reach a point where you have to let them go. But most of the time situations are preventable, workable and can come to a satisfactory conclusion.

How a person acts, how neglectful they are, whatever has no bearing on the objective of the job you were hired to do. Don't let it personally get to you, because it's not personal, it's business. Just make sure you're ducks are in a row, adjust accordingly and focus on the job you were hired to do.

Despite what it may seem, you DO have the option of choosing who you want to work with, how often and on what types of projects.

Hope this helps.

Tia

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You need to read the Bastard Operator from Hell.

The customer is *not* always right. Between serving a customer's needs and bending over to take "it" with a "thank you", there is a huge difference.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to read the Bastard Operator from Hell.

The customer is *not* always right. Between serving a customer's needs and bending over to take "it" with a "thank you", there is a huge difference.

I never said "the customer is always right, you should bend over and take it". :) I said "there will always be difficult clients". :pizza:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Right. And what Myst Woman did, was to quote an anthology of "righteous" customer cases that are definitely wrong ;) May I should add mine and make it an e-book.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
A classic!!!

Right. And what Myst Woman did, was to quote an anthology of "righteous" customer cases that are definitely wrong ;) May I should add mine and make it an e-book.

Hopefully this will help others learn from my mistakes. I think that would be the best way to see this thread go. I am grateful for everyone's support, expertise and just everything.

May this be a lesson everyone can potentially avoid.

Patty

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Byte Me :madgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom