Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I am getting burnt out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclovin

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not the least bit surprised, I got plenty of that here on the Forum when I posted my real pic, what a mistake that was.

Waaaiit a second... so you are implying that you get less harassment with a picture of lara croft... which could imply that your real pic was even better...

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you want me to change WHOIS for all of these domains, so they would appear belonging to you? Then you would be selling them like if you were the owner, so there would be no "broker effect" (that is, potential buyers knowing the domains offered by a broker, and therefore assuming the broker added an extra amount to the price, for his or her broker efforts. Such assumption often makes buyers decide not to buy the domains, just because of that assumed "extra amount".)

Simon

Are you sure he owns the domains I wouldnt change whois owner of domains for anyone, Just sounds a little fishy, changing admin contact is one thing. i noticed throught the years that domain hijackers almost always try and recruit a third party to be involved usually saying its my business partner who did the highjacking
Just a thought probably nothing to be concerned about

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
always us www.escrow.com. Your fault for not being a business professional and thinking it out. Trying to avoid taxes never works. I hate to say it, but when you conduct business like this, you ruin it for the rest of us.
say what??

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
say what??

always us www.escrow.com. Your fault for not being a business professional and thinking it out. Trying to avoid taxes never works. I hate to say it, but when you conduct business like this, you ruin it for the rest of us.

Not sure where that came from - about avoiding taxes and ruining anything "for the rest of us".

I think the deal is that Democrat trusted the seller and should have had much more control of the transaction...so as not to get burned.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's easy. Stop dealing with that person right away. In the future, don't give any personal information to strangers. It's okay to give away your business phone number and postal address of your office, but your business partners and clients do not need to know anything about your family or your physical appearance. Asking for such information is unprofessional already.

Regarding the domain you brokered for him, it looks like it'll be difficult to get your $1,300 commission. If he doesn't want to pay, you can only try to take legal actions, but that may become costly. Your decision.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>Well his thought was I might take his money and run with it. We argued about this >quite a bit, he just wanted me to find the buyers and he would deal with the >monetary side of things.

Forgive me, but I can't understand how someone can be good at domaining (brokering names and so on) and yet so naive where security is concerned. And the use of the one word mongoloid would have sent alarm bells ringing in my mind. Only the lowest people use that nowadays (in the old days it was out of ignorance) to refer to those less blessed with mental faculties than others. :(

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used to own "Cabbagecay.com" as one who hand regged it. Too bad, I dropped it.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>Well his thought was I might take his money and run with it. We argued about this >quite a bit, he just wanted me to find the buyers and he would deal with the >monetary side of things.

Forgive me, but I can't understand how someone can be good at domaining (brokering names and so on) and yet so naive where security is concerned. And the use of the one word mongoloid would have sent alarm bells ringing in my mind. Only the lowest people use that nowadays (in the old days it was out of ignorance) to refer to those less blessed with mental faculties than others. :(

I wanted to please, that was the bottom line. He was my 3rd new person that has came to me, not me coming to them.

I used to own "Cabbagecay.com" as one who hand regged it. Too bad, I dropped it.

Its a great name..

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, that seems to be the normal behavior in forums and chats, at least from what I can tell.

That maybe so, but it should never be considered acceptable.

Waaaiit a second... so you are implying that you get less harassment with a picture of lara croft...

Absolutely, If I'd only saved the pm's back when I first joined, I'd post them for everyone to see.

I think the deal is that Democrat trusted the seller and should have had much more control of the transaction...so as not to get burned.

Exactly, you have to have some kind of hold on a transaction in case your client skips, and when dealing with someone on the internet, the chances of that happening is a lot more likely.

Last edited:

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That maybe so, but it should never be considered acceptable.

Absolutely, If I'd only saved the pm's back when I first joined, I'd post them for everyone to see.

Exactly, you have to have some kind of hold on a transaction in case your client skips, and when dealing with someone on the internet, the chances of that happening is a lot more likely.

Just an FYI, I would never skip out on my taxes. As far as using Escrw, I'll use whatever payment method my buyer wants. I log everything that I sell. I like to also think I am the nicest business person you'll ever meet.

Patty

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, I would never skip out on my taxes. As far as using Escrw, I'll use whatever payment method my buyer wants. I log everything that I sell. I like to also think I am the nicest business person you'll ever meet.

Patty

I think you quoted the wrong member Patty, it was not me that raised the tax issue.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think you quoted the wrong member Patty, it was not me that raised the tax issue.

Raider, I am sorry! I was just trying to make sure that I have no idea where the tax issue was raised but I do pay taxes :) ....grudgingly, but they get paid!

I got this from Simon today... Any feedback?

rom
cleardot.gif
Simon <[email protected]>to
cleardot.gif
Starpower Domains <[email protected]>,
date
cleardot.gif
Mon, May 4, 2009 at 8:16 PMsubject
cleardot.gif
Domainsmailed-by
cleardot.gif
gmail.com
hide details 8:16 PM (15 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Patty, I have someone who is trying to sell our domains. He needs us
in turn to buy his domains, which will be done by me. That is if he
sells the names for e.g. 80K, then I buy his names for 8K. But the
domains appear to belong to you, so can you email him to tell that you
will buy his names in that proportion (1/10 of sale value, plus
commission of course). I can send his email for you to follow up.

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why would someone want to do that? The kind of stuff folks get in deep trouble for.

Misrepresentation is any business is a clear case of fraud if not downright illegal.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Patty, I have a feeling he is using you. Please cut him loose.

Vinnee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guess what Vinnee would do, cmon!

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why does your sig still promote him?

And I think this guy might be a member at most of the domain forums, his domain sounds familiar.

@Raider: There's always something people use to 'exclude' others, maybe your sex or your colour or your location... different strokes but I get where you're coming from.

@democrat: Like people said, only give pvt info including snaps etc to offline friends and family ONLY. Even social networking sites are not recommended.

Put it down to a lesson learned and move on. Next time ask for a down payment and settlement PER sale, not after 3 weeks.

Idiots abound in this business, as elsewhere, don't bother running after bad money, takes time away from the good money you could be making. If you do have a contract, pursue it via BBB, local cops (in his city) and any other method you can report him as a fraud.

March2008

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Raider, I am sorry! I was just trying to make sure that I have no idea where the tax issue was raised but I do pay taxes :) ....grudgingly, but they get paid!

I got this from Simon today... Any feedback?

rom
cleardot.gif
Simon <[email protected]>to
cleardot.gif
Starpower Domains <[email protected]>,
date
cleardot.gif
Mon, May 4, 2009 at 8:16 PMsubject
cleardot.gif
Domainsmailed-by
cleardot.gif
gmail.com
hide details 8:16 PM (15 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Patty, I have someone who is trying to sell our domains. He needs us
in turn to buy his domains, which will be done by me. That is if he
sells the names for e.g. 80K, then I buy his names for 8K. But the
domains appear to belong to you, so can you email him to tell that you
will buy his names in that proportion (1/10 of sale value, plus
commission of course). I can send his email for you to follow up.

Say yes of course, as soon as you've received your commission you will send that email and not before.

Let's face it, he's screwed you.... you might as well have some fun with him now, it's the only revenge you can get. If you do get your commission just never respond to any email from him again (and obviously don't send the 1/10 email).

And yes.. I think you are one of the nicest people :cheesy: Don't let idiots like this change your outlook on life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom