Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I beat my own record, with in 1 hour of receiving the domain, I sell it to end user!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My question is why does it appear you are the only member having so much success at this, when so many others and the dncollege members are trying so hard and can't even do in one time?
better quality of names

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
better quality of names

Not sure about that because I believe all the dncollege members were basically given the same or very similar naming themes involving their geo areas in particular.

I was a lucky person to spend a night listening to Adam Dicker and learn what sells in the market. Since 2006 I applied his wisdom and have been successful at flipping .com's on a monthly basis. You can't succeed overnight. Takes time and mistakes to get to a level to have fun with Domaining. If your in this to get rich, you're in the wrong industry.

Posted from my iPhone 5

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could you share what the domains were?

February has turned into a great month for profit. Just sold another expired domain for $250 CAD to a Quebec Business.

Cost $28 US
Sold: $250 CAD

what was the name and what did your sales letter look like?

It's not good practice to post sold domains to small businesses. It would damage our trade value.

The 2nd domain I sold targetted car racing industry.

another record breaking deal, this time I received the expired domain last night, added the domain to premium listings as i do with all my domains and just received email

Congratulations! Your Premium Listings domain has sold!

Domain: ************.com
Date Sold: 2012-Mar-07
Listing Price: $ 1695.00
Commission: 30 %

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

I contacted 4 end users last night, I wonder if they searched for the domain on godaddy. My asking price was $1500. Ill have to wait to find out.

This domain had to do with Peanut Industry

I just checked the who is, and guess what! One of the end users I contacted, purchased the domain. I loose 30% but still walk away a winner.

My question is why does it appear you are the only member having so much success at this, when so many others and the dncollege members are trying so hard and can't even do in one time?

i too find it very odd, that one would continue to post of their successes, yet never divulge the domains that were sold.

i could see if they involve high dollar amounts and buyers are requesting nda agreements, but they are not.

as we've all seen lists on dnjournal of prominent domain names sales...so why the mystery?

these are domains, which supposedly are being sold on or thru GD.

thus, there is no risk to "trade value" to a small business, because chances are "if" they bought a name....they aren't going to buying another soon.

since the OP doesn't want to post these names, then perhaps he'll pm them to one of the mods or admins for verification

why? because i don't want others to get impression that this, or any other member is some kind of "phenom" seller, when they can't provide proof of their claims.

imo...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly!

i too find it very odd, that one would continue to post of their successes, yet never divulge the domains that were sold.

i could see if they involve high dollar amounts and buyers are requesting nda agreements, but they are not.

as we've all seen lists on dnjournal of prominent domain names sales...so why the mystery?

thus, there is no risk to "trade value" to a small business, because chances are "if" they bought a name....they aren't going to buying another soon.

since the OP doesn't want to post these names, then perhaps he'll pm them to one of the mods or admins for verification

why? because i don't want others to get impression that this, or any other member is some kind of "phenom" seller, when they can't provide proof of their claims.

imo...

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude serious? To verify my sales? WoW - Adam recently contacted me and hired me on a small project that I was honored to be part of. In this project I collaborated and shared some of my methods.

By posting domain names I sell, is not fair to the buyer who paid end user price for a reg fee domain name. Imagine you buy a domain off me and I posted it here and the TROLLS jump in and quote the domain and bash it or question the pricing, or , or , or , or.

Adam already knows my secret and since he is the Owner of this Forum, I don't need to answer to anyone else. My post are to encourage our community that you can flip dot com's and make a profit. I get contacted numerous times a day, Members asking for my opinion, feeback, valuation of they're domains - I don't tell them to f off or pay me for my opinion. I take my time and tell them if they're on the right track or what steps to take to earn the little revenue I earn off every domain I sell. Let's not jump to conclusion and insult my integrity, I'm a Domainer who's trying to shed some light on expired .com's VS other tlds that Domainers spend so much money on acquiring; only to loose money. I have no secret formula to success but I do have a method that seems to work.... and that method is knowing what to pick based on research I do on each domain name before purchasing.

I respect your very much Don; you have overall been a great person to learn from and to debate with. Besides the domain name, I'm sharing the industries I'm targeting :)

imo...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude serious? To verify my sales? WoW - Adam recently contacted me and hired me on a small project that I was honored to be part of. In this project I collaborated and shared some of my methods.

By posting domain names I sell, is not fair to the buyer who paid end user price for a reg fee domain name. Imagine you buy a domain off me and I posted it here and the TROLLS jump in and quote the domain and bash it or question the pricing, or , or , or , or.

Adam already knows my secret and since he is the Owner of this Forum, I don't need to answer to anyone else. My post are to encourage our community that you can flip dot com's and make a profit. I get contacted numerous times a day, Members asking for my opinion, feeback, valuation of they're domains - I don't tell them to f off or pay me for my opinion. I take my time and tell them if they're on the right track or what steps to take to earn the little revenue I earn off every domain I sell. Let's not jump to conclusion and insult my integrity, I'm a Domainer who's trying to shed some light on expired .com's VS other tlds that Domainers spend so much money on acquiring; only to loose money. I have no secret formula to success but I do have a method that seems to work.... and that method is knowing what to pick based on research I do on each domain name before purchasing.

I respect your very much Don; you have overall been a great person to learn from and to debate with. Besides the domain name, I'm sharing the industries I'm targeting :)

Hi

if you respect me, then comply with my request.

all that other....i ain't interested in

Thanks

if you have respect for me or any other member, then you shouldn't have a problem with providing the info i asked for.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

if you respect me, then comply with my request.

all that other....i ain't interested in

Thanks

if you have respect for me or any other member, then you shouldn't have a problem with providing the info i asked for.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

DON,

As courtesy to you, I contacted Adam with the list of Domains you are questioning.

Cheers

Last edited:

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i agree with Cure - i have flipped names for some good and great profits - but i don't think it is fair for the buyer that the names are posted. i wouldn't want that happen to me, so i wont do it to someone else. I have sharred past experiences with a few memebers i trust - in Private.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i agree with Cure - i have flipped names for some good and great profits - but i don't think it is fair for the buyer that the names are posted. i wouldn't want that happen to me, so i wont do it to someone else. I have sharred past experiences with a few memebers i trust - in Private.

Thank you for stepping into this hot topic.

Readers, imagine paying $1500 for a .com I sold to a Law Firm and months later they find out my cost was under $25 dollars by finding this thread, now what if the buyer gets angry and starts to post negative comments, reviews on your business name! Not only will his or her complaint be indexed on google, it will damage your sales to other potential end users!

Not only do you harm your're buyers but also potentially yourself. If the buyer starts to post comments like, don't trust this BUSINESS cause he sold me a reg fee domain for $1500! What will I do then? Peal Potatoes for the rest of my life?

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Not sure about that because I believe all the dncollege members were basically given the same or very similar naming themes involving their geo areas in particular.

I'm purchasing expired .com's that are aged! In my sales pitch I also include the registration date! The older the domain the higher it will rank with optimized pages!

Adam's method is what I started with and still use to this day, I research each domain before registering or buying.

Last edited:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He definitely Pm'ed me the names he sold and whois changes confirm his sales.

Adam

Ricks

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Cure, thanks for posting and sharing some info on those sales and strategies - it is appreciated.

In your screening for domain buys, are you also targeting a level of Google keyword search? ie. greater than 2,000/month or anything like that??

cheers,
Jim

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm purchasing expired .com's that are aged! In my sales pitch I also include the registration date! The older the domain the higher it will rank with optimized pages! Adam's method is what I started with and still use to this day, I research each domain before registering or buying.

My bad in thinking you were doing this mostly with geo's and based on dncollege and Adam's recommendations.

gr8names

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that I in no way mean my comments to be confrontational, and I have no doubts at all about Cure's track record with domains. But, I'm wondering if keeping transactions secret is shortsighted?

The argument that a client might become angry after paying $xxxx for a reg fee name implies that you are unable to effectively justify the price you charge them. If the price doesn't reflect the value of the product, and other domainers agree implicitly or explicitly with this approach, then it begins to look collusionary to outsiders.

In most industries, many contracts require suppliers to be very meticulous about documenting raw materials, labor, and mark-ups that contribute to the price of a project. I'm not suggesting that extreme by any means, but shouldn't we be able to realistically and ethically defend the prices we charge? There must be some type of standard. Otherwise, we're the caricature opportunists most already believe us to be.

Won't transparency bring stability and liquidity to the market? Short term profits might take a hit but wouldn't an informed and confident consumer base make it easier to sell in the future? Or not?

Buying low and selling high is what every investment is about. The difference between stocks and domains is that with stocks when one sells high, the market generally agrees on the value because it is able to consume all the necessary data to do so,

Again, I'm not sure I have a strong opinion either way. Actually I'm not sure I even care about the longview. I'm an every man for himself kind of guy living for today, and who knows what I'll be doing tomorrow. :) Just trying to stir the pot.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree and I also don't believe the average end user buyer cares what seller paid for a domain and in fact could care less (only domainers are likely to care). Confidentiality is applicable on high-end names and even then they may not care. Unlike many others I do not flip and have not sold a lot of names but on the ones I did sell not a single buyer cared how much I paid or even asked about traffic stats. That's right, not one buyer cared or asked.

Let me preface this by saying that I in no way mean my comments to be confrontational, and I have no doubts at all about Cure's track record with domains. But, I'm wondering if keeping transactions secret is shortsighted?

The argument that a client might become angry after paying $xxxx for a reg fee name implies that you are unable to effectively justify the price you charge them. If the price doesn't reflect the value of the product, and other domainers agree implicitly or explicitly with this approach, then it begins to look collusionary to outsiders.

In most industries, many contracts require suppliers to be very meticulous about documenting raw materials, labor, and mark-ups that contribute to the price of a project. I'm not suggesting that extreme by any means, but shouldn't we be able to realistically and ethically defend the prices we charge? There must be some type of standard. Otherwise, we're the caricature opportunists most already believe us to be.

Won't transparency bring stability and liquidity to the market? Short term profits might take a hit but wouldn't an informed and confident consumer base make it easier to sell in the future? Or not?

Buying low and selling high is what every investment is about. The difference between stocks and domains is that with stocks when one sells high, the market generally agrees on the value because it is able to consume all the necessary data to do so,

Again, I'm not sure I have a strong opinion either way. Actually I'm not sure I even care about the longview. I'm an every man for himself kind of guy living for today, and who knows what I'll be doing tomorrow. :) Just trying to stir the pot.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great question Jim. To small businesses I don't pitch the search tool until the 2nd or 3rd phase. Meaning that I don't use stats as my initial sale pitch. As stated, my first email is simple ( Domain + Price ) is all I include. I'll only get more detailed when the end user questions the price!

Pricing to small businesses is key to quick turnaround. Do not price domains above $1500.

Posted from my iPhone 5

Hey Cure, thanks for posting and sharing some info on those sales and strategies - it is appreciated.

In your screening for domain buys, are you also targeting a level of Google keyword search? ie. greater than 2,000/month or anything like that??

cheers,
Jim

The average Joe doesn't own a business.

Agree and I also don't believe the average end user buyer cares what seller paid for a domain and in fact could care less (only domainers are likely to care). Confidentiality is applicable on high-end names and even then they may not care. Unlike many others I do not flip and have not sold a lot of names but on the ones I did sell not a single buyer cared how much I paid or even asked about traffic stats. That's right, not one buyer cared or asked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom