Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed I just got it, please appraise.

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>agree with alldig, hypenated domains seem to have little resale value in the
>main, made worse by the .net extension.

I'm buying hyphenated .coms. If anyone has anything decent, LMK. The money's sitting my my PayPal a/c waiting for you.

>If you are making $1 a day from your domains and someone sells 1 domain a
>month for $31 you are on equal footing revenue wise. And the same plays for
>multiples of each.

I'm going to have to call you on that one Safe. :^)

If you're making $1 a day, you keep on making $1 a day infinitely.

The person selling a domain a month at $31 also has to replenish his stocks, or sooner or later, he runs out. :^)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Drew hit it right..alldig you sold a domain for $500 this week..my Baseball-Posters.com makes more than that every year..and will year after year after year....I dont have to go out and buy anothe r50 domains hopin to sell another...

I know I've been their.. in fact I am one of only a few to even resale new.net domains..
my lastest were
Hell.Inc $150
Branson.Travel $400

I have sold everything from .coms to .Tvs ...to new.net domains

But nothing beats making money EVERYDAY from actually developing your domains than intermintant sales and wondering if the resellers market will ever recover...

When I am ready to sale Baseball-Posters.com you'll be claiming "no value"..but that isnt what my bank account says..

BID

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
know I've been their.. in fact I am one of only a few to even resale new.net domains..
my lastest were
Hell.Inc $150
Branson.Travel $400

I have sold everything from .coms to .Tvs ...to new.net domains

Wow, you do sell new.net domains? you are amazing:eek:
Congrats.
And what .tv names you've sold?
Thanks.

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The only real benchmark is revenue - if you're happy with your revenue you're doing something right. If not, then you're doing something wrong. Simple.

Revenue? What is that? Still if I were making a thousand a year I'd be wondering why I wasn't making ten grand— if I were making ten, why not a hundred, etc. Are any of us happy with our revenue?

So technically while some of us might be doing something right, we are all doing something wrong, which makes sense. No one is perfect, and we all have something to learn.

But even with no revenue I am doing something right-- I am making better decisions, regging more names with at least some value, albeit modest. And usually in areas where I can use them myself if they don't sell right away.

I think that if you can answer "yes" to the question "Am I learning, and based on that knowledge making better decisions?" you are doing something right.

Originally posted by Drewbert
I'm going to have to call you on that one Safe. :^)

If you're making $1 a day, you keep on making $1 a day infinitely.

The person selling a domain a month at $31 also has to replenish his stocks, or sooner or later, he runs out. :^)

hehe, you're right of course. If we use proper sales values it makes more sense but I was trying to pull it to its base level - and failed :)

the ideal thing is to do both - make revenue from your domains in general and sell as and when offers come along that eclipse the revenue you would have made from the domain you sold. You can then use part of the sales revenue to buy some more domains to plug the traffic gap and still make a nice profit. Rinse and repeat.

true namedancer, again i was being simplistic.

The validator for whether what you are learning is correct or not is the revenue it creates in the end.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree Safe ..you said ..

"the ideal thing is to do both - make revenue from your domains in general and sell as and when offers come along that eclipse the revenue you would have made from the domain you sold. You can then use part of the sales revenue to buy some more domains to plug the traffic gap and still make a nice profit. Rinse and repeat."

It's not that I dont still speculate..just that I found that it's much easier to develop value than pretending my domains have some value..they may or they may..either way..that can only be determined if there is a sale..

I'm really only getting on aldig because nearly ay domain anyone offers for appraisal he has no vision..it's always the same "no value" ..

and that simply isnt true ..any domain that reflects a product or information has inherent value...but NO VALUE can be realized unless it is either sold or developed..
and the truth of the matter is most domains sit idle when there is no reason the speculator cant be realizing the value Imediatly by developing them..

and trust me ..I am no greta webmaster..I have absolutely no graphics capabilities ...my english skils are pathetic etc. so my point is if I can do it most anyone can ..theres a lot of talent here if people would just kick themselves in the rear and move forward instead of "waiting" for something to happen..

JMO of course..I am just to anntsy to just sit and watch my domains hoping they'l pay for themslves...if they are in my portfolio they have to earn their keep so to speak..they have to go to work ! :)

If alldig or anyonme else can just sit and watch and do the occaisssional sale..nothingwrong with that if it works for you..It's just difficult for me to see people registering domains with the intent of making money off of them..but then they dont put the domains to work..

Thats all really..

alldig..nothing personal against you..I just think you are to rigid in your thinking and reflecting that rigidness with the newbies...I do agree with you..they shouldn't be reging domains unless they know what they are doing.BUT..we are all like kids and we are going to do it anyways..the least we can do is show them how to creat value if the domains are less than spectacular so to speak..which most are..even mine..

BID

i understand your points bid and agree with them - but when you value a domain on its own you have to ignore development work unless it has actually been done (rather than guessing at what that dev might be) and then you'd need a lot of data to interpret the value that the development gave to the domain. This is dependent on the time, effort, money and skill of the developer.

its fair to say a good developer can take any domain and create a *site* that has value (even if they sell the domain alone after, its the site that gave the domain the goodwill that is its value).

but from my experience for end user resale, the factors that influence their buying decisions are different to those that motivate a developer. end users wants the domains because they fit in with existing or planned elements of their business and they want the association of the domain to that element - whether it be the name of their company, their brand, a description of their product or a marketing slogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators