Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Idn desperation may lead to mass suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
With Pusti Malaka the problem isn't English, but rather foaming at the mouth :smilewinkgrin:

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Parking is the only avl venue.
Mid-size portfolio (1,000 domains) of top quality keywords would generate $25/mo, while the annual upkeep is $10,000.
Anybody who's challenging these numbers is a liar and complete a-hole. :smilewinkgrin:

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mid-size portfolio (1,000 domains) of top quality keywords would generate $25/mo, while the annual upkeep is $10,000.
Anybody who's challenging these numbers is a liar and complete a-hole. :smilewinkgrin:

1) WRONG on parking being only option, full sites, mini-sites, affiliate programs and domain leasing are all in effect for IDNs.

2) WRONG- You should not be paying more than $8 per .com renewal ($8,000)

WHERE THE HECK TO YOU GET YOUR DATA FROM???? MAYBE THAT IS THE RESULTS OF YOUR OWN IDN PORTFOLIO, IF SO YOU HAVE MEDIOCRE NAMES....BUT IN 5 YEARS YOU WILL PROBABLY BE A HAPPY CAMPER. :smilewinkgrin:

Below is accurate data, and (once again) my offer stands to provide proof of this data and revenue (preferably with a large BET $x,xxx USD or Euro) to any naysayers and disbelievers ;) With all my previous offers for you to "put your money where your mouth" is you have yet to take me or anyone else up on even one bet!!!

FACT: My earnings from NameDrive (as verified by 1099-MISC from NameDrive) for my top 1000 IDN was parked revenue of $ 5,038.00 for FY 2010.
My renewals on those 1000 names was about $7,950 for a net loss of $ 2,912.00
I easily made up the difference with sales of about 5 IDN names during the year.

FACT: IDNs are a still a waiting game, some liken it to being "back in 1995" registering ascii.com, but only this time it is 2011 but we are armed with all of the information, knowledge and history of what happened over the past decade to ascii.com and many feel that "history will repeat itself" with idn.com and idn.cctlds in the upcoming decade. In that regard there are probably 2,000,000 + IDN now registered in .com, .net and .cctlds. Plenty of opportuntiy still exists, the best perhaps in the secondary markets as ICANNN and ccTLDs continute (albeit slowly) roll out IDN in various languages and markets for mainstream use.

Last edited:

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bill is a pathological liar :smilewinkgrin:

Au contraire....I would have to guess that you have a mediocre IDN portfolio :p

My earnings are probably not as good as many others, particularly those with developed websites.

At any rate...my offer stands for a "friendly" wager on the validity of my Namedrive earnings....are you in? :smilewinkgrin:

GO1

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
N-101. You have started a couple of interesting topics.

First, I am very sure, Bill has always exaggerted his IDN claims for years
on IDNForums, as does Rubber Duck, and the rest of the 'gang of 20' from IDNforums.com.
But that's how they keep the forum alive, 80% of the claims are bs.
So if your're looking for IDN credibility go somewhere else.

The IDN Stats on http://IDNSEO.com are real and up to date from a Sedo-Parked IDN.
If Tim Schumacher is listening, You have my authority (PAYGO_1) to validate
these stats here on DNforum. Hoping this will materialize ..... Tim we need the decider to respond!!!

HappyDomainer

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

It appears you can't digest facts and figures. Resorting to calling people liars doesn't make you a winner especially when you make accusations with not much to stand on. As I have told you, "nothing beats developed sites". I gave you an example of my developed Thai IDN, เกมส์.com (Games.com in Thai) having reached over 3.5 million monthly pageviews with over 476K unique ips. As mentioned the keyword "เกมส์" gets 5 million monthly searches [exact] according to Google Keyword Tools and เกมส์.com has been mainly ranking #1-3 on google for the past few years. If you know any basic Math, you can calculate the rest.

I have a feeling you are either regretting not having a good IDN portfolio or just trying to provoke people to show their hands. You indicated your top quality 1000 domains generate $25/month. Show us your top 10 names and if they are really good why don't you look at Google Keyword Tools and see if they are worthwhile for development. If they really are and you develop them, I am sure you will make some serious money. If they are not, you better dump your IDNs as you have made bad picks and why continue to pay $10K a year or so for renewal.

Last edited:

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Schmock,
u r twisting my words.
I never said I have 1,000 idns. :smilewinkgrin:

HappyDomainer

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are talking about IDNS here. Why bother mentioning something irrelevant? If these are not even all IDNs, the potential for them to earn growing revenue is even less as the ASCII market is well mature and why even bother holding these ascii domains if they are not even paying for your renewals. Let's get back to the context, show us your top 5-10 IDNs and we'll see if what you have been talking down on IDNs make any sense.

GO1

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Happy Domainer has a valid point - no sense in stating someone is less than honest.

Bill, Here's hoping that within 2 years your IDN portfolio lives up to you IDN Imagination.

It just might.........

HappyDomainer

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are diverting here. Focus! You have been trashing IDNS but when presented with stats, facts and figures, you really have nothing meaningful to say but hot air nor any leg to stand on to defend your arguments. You made all the illogical assertions and senseless accusations without being able to back them up.

Since you haven't been able to even give one single example of all the top IDNs you hold and if I have to judge from the quality of the IDNs on your signature then I can understand why you are crying over the lack of performance of your IDNs. Some of these keywords in your domains have just over 300 monthly searches on Google Keyword Tool. If these are representative of what you hold, I suggest you dump your IDN portfolio. I doubt you have much chance with your ASCII domains either, if you are really making $25 monthly from your portfolio of 1,000 domains, you are just waisitng your time.

Last edited:

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Happy Domainer has a valid point - no sense in stating someone is less than honest.
Bill, Here's hoping that within 2 years your IDN portfolio lives up to you IDN Imagination.
It just might.........

You can post that was people say is BS or just their 'imagination' , or you have the opportunity to "put up or shut up". In that regard I have offered to put up a substantial bet to you or anyone that what I have stated is true.

We can hire one of the Attorneys on the forum to draw up the agreement and hold the money in escrow. Then he can verify my Namedrive Parking account earnings for the last year. That will include access to my Namedrive account, Registrar proof of Ownership of domains and access to verify my paypal where the funds were paid out monthly by Namedrive and any other pertinent proof you would like....and of course I think it would only be fair for loser to pay the attorney fees. ;)

How about a bet of $5,000.00 USD. Are you in ???

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

First, I am very sure, Bill has always exaggerted his IDN claims for years
on IDNForums,

I haven't exaggerated sh*t, but feel free to state your case. Sorry you have sour grapes over some of the MOD staff censoring your antics and repetitive "polls" judging the value of your IDNs on the forum. They wouldn't put up with that nonsense here on DNF either.

Frankly, most everyone that has kept up with the IDN rollout over the last decade knows the real value for IDN is still way in the future....IDNs are not mainstream yet, browser support is still behind until the vast majority of computers are IE7 and up. E-mail support is still be sorted out, as is DNAME and more. The ICANN IDN.IDN program formerly under Tina Dam at ICANN was stalled a bit with the ".anything" (the buy your own .TLD program) that tied their politics and held the IDN.IDN program hostage for the better part of the last year.

If you read my posts here on DNF regarding IDN, I am more apt to mention that IDNs are a "long term play" in the domain game. I think that domainers would be well served to have 5% or so of their portfolio in IDN, as there is a good opportunity they will become very valuable in the next decade. A lot of domainers a lot smarter than me hold large IDN portfolios including the owner of this forum. Not to mention you yourself being an IDN investor!

IMO they will be the dominate force in their native language markets, and in my opinion in many of those countries they will be most dominant as idn.cctlds. I think the smart corporations and businesses will invest to get the idn.com, idn.net and even the ascii.cctld for the term to cover all bases. Many others will tell you that idn.com will outperform in many languages. Time will tell...and we are talking years perhaps another 3-10 years who knows. This all being said, free to quote me on above. ;)

Last edited:

GO1

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bill, save us some time and just post your top 5 IDN's - and end the 'IDNForums.com' style shenanigans.

This post is getting a little tiring.

Or maybe you can explain why you can't post these for viewing.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This post is getting a little tiring.

Yeah, I agree, I'm out of here. I am not giving the OP the benefit of any more of my time or experience.
He had his chance to show some kahuna's and put his money where his mouth (again).

I think you are keenly aware of what Namedrive marketing potential for IDNs is based on the performance
of your single character Japanese IDNs. You and I can chat by PM about IDN parking and monetization
if you wish.

Last edited:

GO1

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bill,

While I appreciate you offering your opinion on where to park IDN's,
you did state here, earlier in this post, that you lost about $2000
on your IDN Parked Portfolio last year - at Name Drive.

This is why I will be posting statistical comparisons between the various
IDN parking programs (posted at IDNSEO.com) over the next few months.

Hopefully I can provide truthful, unbiased and useful information to the
IDN community in general.

(FYI - Off the record - Google has completely dropped the ball with parked IDN's.
I think they are having trouble managing their corporate direction in general, hence Larry Page
is hoping to pull a Steve Jobs type motivational/mission turn around at Google -
and of course all domainers are wise to wish him luck and success.)

Last edited:

DOMAINERIE.EU

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Completely agree.
Despite the fact that domainerie is ,IDN Active, with several 4 digit IDN Sales (arabic and french IDN) I have been Kicked out from the IDNFORUMS.
IDNFORUMS is doing a lot for the Bad reputation of IDNs.
But who cares, we are still active....
Good luck
Dabsi

I'm afraid your right again dn-101.

I was kicked off IDNForums.com (Where the regulars IDNers chat)

after I challenged thier top poster (10% of total forum posts)

to produce a single actual IDN domain (they owned) with real/verifyable stats.

Apparently the owners of the Forum couldn't handle the reality check.

- Forums like this give IDN's a bad name in general.

Join IDNForums.com and you can be pretty sure to be insulted by one of the

regulars at some point.

Talk is cheap where are their stats pages!

That's one reason I posted the http://IDNSEO.com IDN Stat Tracking Site.
(Tracks where IDN's are at this point in time)

=> If IDN's do start working as I do expect I'm sure other IDN sites will pop up

which will have more credible and hopefully have fewer con men as members.

Hey - I'll buy you a Stabucks 'Venti' one day to cover the $2.50 IDN loss!

We're all not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom