Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I'm new to Domain Selling

Mandew

Level 1
Reaction score
I just bought some .com domains, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there any good.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

if you want, you can post them in the Appraisal section

Good Luck!

Mandew

Level 1
Reaction score
How do you guys pick good domains with out spending tons of money on them?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do you guys pick good domains with out spending tons of money on them?

good domains aren't cheap, relatively speaking

but the word "cheap", is dependent on what each individual's budget is.

I started 16 years ago with $500 credit card limit, but back then you could buy a LLL.com for that much or less.
or one could have "hand-registered" some 3 character .com and quite a few LLLL.com during those days.

it's about timing, when you get in.
if you got in early, register some good names and hold for 10-15 years, then you can recoup investment.

but there are still, some good domains to hand-register, but it depends on the times, the events and what happens in the world, that makes a description of that phenom valuable.

a good domain is not just a name that you like, but it also should be a domain.... that more than one other person will like too.

imo....

Mandew

Level 1
Reaction score
good domains aren't cheap, relatively speaking

but the word "cheap", is dependent on what each individual's budget is.

I started 16 years ago with $500 credit card limit, but back then you could buy a LLL.com for that much or less.
or one could have "hand-registered" some 3 character .com and quite a few LLLL.com during those days.

it's about timing, when you get in.
if you got in early, register some good names and hold for 10-15 years, then you can recoup investment.

but there are still, some good domains to hand-register, but it depends on the times, the events and what happens in the world, that makes a description of that phenom valuable.

a good domain is not just a name that you like, but it also should be a domain.... that more than one other person will like too.

imo....

That answer was pretty vague. Have you ever had any luck, flipping domains? Like buying them on close outs or expired domains, or are they all pretty much worthless? Also is there a way to check to see if there any good, with out a huge investment? To start out, I would be happy to buy a domain for$50 and sell it for $100, I don't need a big score to start out. If that makes any sense. Thnaks for your help. .

poocho

Reaction score
If your are having domain for selling spread it through different channels may be it can help you get potential who are also searching for purchasing a domain.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That answer was pretty vague. Have you ever had any luck, flipping domains? Like buying them on close outs or expired domains, or are they all pretty much worthless? Also is there a way to check to see if there any good, with out a huge investment? To start out, I would be happy to buy a domain for$50 and sell it for $100, I don't need a big score to start out. If that makes any sense. Thnaks for your help. .

Hi

your question was vague, as well an ill-informed assumption about domaining in general

you come in with flipping mentality, thinking you can buy something today and resell tomorrow

you ask, is there any way to see if they are good?
yes, there is, but you have to read and learn the difference

sometimes, it takes trial and error. but that builds experience

there is no quick path to success here, everyone is not a "flipper".
sure, if an opportunity arises, we may take advantage

but many who have been around for a while, acquire domains and anticipate holding them for the right buyer.

sometimes, you have to hold a domain and let the "times" catch up to it.
or it has to be sold soon to get most roi, before the hype of the times, fades out.

I have bought expired domains and resold some of them shortly thereafter, but doesn't happen often.
all the domains I own, were either acquired from expired auctions, purchased from another person/marketplace or hand-registered.

imo....

Mandew

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi

your question was vague, as well an ill-informed assumption about domaining in general

you come in with flipping mentality, thinking you can buy something today and resell tomorrow

you ask, is there any way to see if they are good?
yes, there is, but you have to read and learn the difference

sometimes, it takes trial and error. but that builds experience

there is no quick path to success here, everyone is not a "flipper".
sure, if an opportunity arises, we may take advantage

but many who have been around for a while, acquire domains and anticipate holding them for the right buyer.

sometimes, you have to hold a domain and let the "times" catch up to it.
or it has to be sold soon to get most roi, before the hype of the times, fades out.

I have bought expired domains and resold some of them shortly thereafter, but doesn't happen often.
all the domains I own, were either acquired from expired auctions, purchased from another person/marketplace or hand-registered.

imo....
I think you can flip domains, you just have to know what ones to buy, like you said its learning what ones are good to sell or have a buyer lined up. for me its not a good strategy to buy a whole bunch of them to speculate on and get stuck paying the renewal fees every year. Of course I know the strategy there is you hope you can get a few good ones that will pay for all the renewals.For someone just starting out, I don't have the resources to spends 1,000 of dollars too wait and see.. Flipping just takes more research and time to learn.

You have good ideas and thoughts on this though. I get what your saying. Thanks for your feed back.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as long as you get what I said, then what I said, what worth saying

:)

imo...

alwaysforGod

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that you can also build content/websites on a domain, so the possibilities aren't only limited to the use someone else can get from a domain name :]

Rachikhatri

Reaction score
There are various website where you can sell your domain and also domain is new then you can park on godaddy itself if you purchase from there

tpois122

Reaction score
hi , you can sell your domain on godaddy.com . Selling process is quite easy.

Reaction score
Bear in mind that there are a LOT of low quality domains for high prices there that never sell. It is very hard to distinguish the (little) wheat from the chaff. Also there are very few buyers and a lot of very hopeful sellers. You will have more joy selling here.

alwaysforGod

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Forums are a great place to meet people and make sales, not just domains but all kinds of niche stuff.
Forums are awesome lol, and with social media fading out they are gonna resurge popularity I assume

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators