Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Job market one word domain escaladed.com

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

juba

Level 2
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am pretty sure some of you know the expression "escalade the corporate ladder".

I thought as well about investing and 401k niche.

I bought this domain few days ago and I don't know if I am the only seeing its value.

As you already know Brandability is pretty relative, but I think it is pretty cool. What do you think?

Note: don't hesitate to hurt my feelings if you don't like it.

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

I never heard the term 'escalade the corporate ladder'

however, the phrase climb the corporate ladder is most used to express that ascension within a company.

so, from that perspective..... no value for your "past" tense domain

imo….

juba

Level 2
Reaction score
Actually, "escalade" means
to mount, pass, or enter by means of ladders.

. It still makes sense but I understand your point of view. I would build a website around it and help future buyers see the actual value.

Thank you for your answer, I appreciate it :)

Reaction score
If you have to help future buyers see the value you are wasting your time. If your domain has to be explained, unless you are intending it as a brandable made-up word, chances are there are better domains that don't need explaining that a buyer will go for. The only way to woo a potential buyer would be to develop a site with income - then they would at least be interested in the income.

juba

Level 2
Reaction score
If you have to help future buyers see the value you are wasting your time. If your domain has to be explained, unless you are intending it as a brandable made-up word, chances are there are better domains that don't need explaining that a buyer will go for. The only way to woo a potential buyer would be to develop a site with income - then they would at least be interested in the income.

I never thought about it this way but I guess you are right about that. I know that a domain doesn't necessarily have to convey a clear message about the market it is in, otherwise, creative domain names would never sell. A domain name is only a name until someone sees real value in it.

I am learning and I will certainly make other mistakes.

Any idea on how much I would sell it? and What about Princelier.com

Thank you Rob for your answer

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry not seeing the value in either one. I get that escalate means to climb, but the past tense domain just makes me think of someone going up an escalator. In the past, not in the future. So as a motivation, it could be a book called "How I escalated... " but to say How to climb the latter of success, that would be the wrong domain.

juba

Level 2
Reaction score
My mistake, I thought I understood the process of choosing a domain name but I was wrong. Your way of thinking is the result of years of experience and you constantly have the buyer in mind. I am taking into consideration your advice and taking notes. Think, act, adapt :)

Thank you all and have a nice day. I appreciate the honesty.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators