Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

List of crappiest registrars

Status
Not open for further replies.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am again doing some transfers from auctions, this time Pool, and that's horrible what exists out there calling itself a registrar, so maybe we can put a list together.

Crapiness level from 1-10, 10 beeing highest (crappiest). 10 is reserved for scum like Parava (deaccredited) who does not respond any email, is breaking ICANN rules etc. 1 is reserved for registrar which does not exist (Moinker or Fabulous beeing 2 as they are NOT perfect).

OMNIS NETWORK, LLC
I have password in Firefox so don't know how difficult it was to actually get it, but they have working "forgot password feature" so seems easy. Also got email from Pool with access link (not access U/P). Their whois is working. They have no bulk management tools and there is no EPP code available must write email a support. Searching help no mention of EPP or authcode, only for transfers in. Typical crap registrar who thinks "we are so good that nobody would transfer away from us".
CRAPPINESS LEVEL: 5

PSI-USA, INC. DBA DOMAIN ROBOT
Never understood this crap what is it good for. They have some panel at pool.psi-usa.info which looks like programmed by some 10-years old kids as homework. To get access to it one must write them email and they always have to get it from whois email so one must change "From:" to email in whois of that domain (many such retards out there they do not know that "FRom:" can be faked and important is ability to RECEIVE emails to that address not send it from there...). Every doamin gets email with info like "if you want do anything with the doamin write us email"
CRAPPINESS LEVEL: 8 (they still answer emails, send some info for every domain and have working whois).

DOMAINPEOPLE, INC
Their forgoteen password feature does not work - always tells that contact/domain does not exist, their whois does not work ("Could not find a match for boobepedia.com !"), they nver send any "welcome" email with info how to manage domain.
CRAPPINESS LEVEL: 9 (they still do answer emails occassionaly but they are heading to be 10 for the non-working whois)

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are these registrars you listed ones pool is using to place auctions you won?

Another big reason I stopped using pool a long time ago.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are these registrars you listed ones pool is using to place auctions you won?
Yes.

I already have list whenever I saw domain caught by hese scum registrars I did not bid so most are just $60 or I bid because I forgot to check.

Snapnames has also list of scum registrars:

These four are same owner, it can be recognized by the pseudo-panel, all have same design
1 DOMAIN SOURCE, LTD. DBA DOMAIN 1 SOURCE, INC www.domain1source.com
WEB BUSINESS, LLC. www.webbusiness.biz
DOMAIN MONKEYS, LLC www.domainmonkeys.com
AIM HIGH!, INC. DBA GET YER NAME www.getyername.com
CRAPPINESS LEVEL: near 10 (they seldom answer email or ticket, they answer only if I write them I send someone to beat them with baseball bat, no kidding)

OOO RUSSIAN REGISTRAR
CRAPINESS LEVEL: 10 (I am losing some good domains there now - their panel generates invalid EPP, they do not answer emails, Snapnames also can not help)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes.

I already have list whenever I saw domain caught by hese scum registrars I did not bid so most are just $60 or I bid because I forgot to check.

Snapnames has also list of scum registrars:

These four are same owner, it can be recognized by the pseudo-panel, all have same design
1 DOMAIN SOURCE, LTD. DBA DOMAIN 1 SOURCE, INC www.domain1source.com
WEB BUSINESS, LLC. www.webbusiness.biz
DOMAIN MONKEYS, LLC www.domainmonkeys.com
AIM HIGH!, INC. DBA GET YER NAME www.getyername.com
CRAPPINESS LEVEL: near 10 (they seldom answer email or ticket, they answer only if I write them I send someone to beat them with baseball bat, no kidding)

OOO RUSSIAN REGISTRAR
CRAPINESS LEVEL: 10 (I am losing some good domains there now - their panel generates invalid EPP, they do not answer emails, Snapnames also can not help)
OUCH! That last list hurts my eyes just looking at their sites!

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Registrars with ridiculous management:

Melbourneit.com must have the most obscure management system - first need to login, then need to "add" domain into my account - all domains untill added are in status of a "limbo" - they are in nobody's acccount. For adding need "adding code". So go "send me adding code" then receive code, go to "add my domain", several screens, added, then go to management panel, several clicks, see authinfo, unlock. No bulk tools.

Register.com - thanks god ICANN finally forced them to make AUTHCODES avilable via panel - many years one had to call them, even people who do not speak english. Then the phone call was always like
"Please send me authcodes"
"Why you want to transfer ?"
"None of your business"
"What would it take to stay with us ?"
"You would have to pay me $100 per domain"
"Haha funny, now really"
"I am serious now send me the frickin' authcodes FFS !!!"
No bulk toolks either

They must be targetting mom-and-pop outlets with 1-2 domais, nobody sane with more than 10 domains will use them...

Crapola level: melbourneit 4, register.com 3

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
galcomm: crappiness level = 8

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enetica - crap level 7
Every domain has own account
The panel is screaming "hey it's still 1991 here"

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Internet.bs - at elast they have BS in the name, that sums it up - no bulk tools and in the panel have to manage each domain separately, if want to opens everal windows it simply manages only the alst one. SO have to open one window with one domain, click, click, wait, click, click, wait wait, click. Crappiness 6~7

These registrars are unbeliveable show of human stupidity, why do they exist Who woudl be using them...

And more to collection:
Snapnames
Sbnames.com, ISPreg.com
Crappiness level 10 - impossible to transfer away, there are more with this pseudo-panel for example the Ruregistrar.com mentioned previously

Neonic.com - they pretend to be from Finland but they are from one of those Baltic countries (Latvia ?) because they have same pseudo-panel as one .lv registrar (don't recall the name) where I also lost a domain

Seems all these crappy registrars is several owners who accredited years ago several registrars each for drops and now the drops business is low so they just do not care. What's bad is Snapnames let them screw people for so long before dropping them...

Last edited:

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Internet.bs - at elast they have BS in the name, that sums it up - no bulk tools and in the panel have to manage each domain separately, if want to opens everal windows it simply manages only the alst one. SO have to open one window with one domain, click, click, wait, click, click, wait wait, click. Crappiness 6~7

Whoa there killer, where did you get this info from? I have a few domains in my panel there and they do offer bulk management and their control panel is quite easy to use.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
^True, didn't see that before, somehow is apriori expected that "drop partner" will be some phoney crap...which usually is...I used to hate the "Logicboxes" panel, now when I see it I am happy because I know that it will at least send me "forgotten password"

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have won domains at many registrars and so far Enom has to be the worst. Too much transfer restrictions.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have won domains at many registrars and so far Enom has to be the worst. Too much transfer restrictions.
You mean the 45 or 60 days ? That's nothing...dude most of those registrars mentioned above you have no chance to get the domain name, so Enom is gold...I would actually mark Enom's carppiness level as 3

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You mean the 45 or 60 days ? That's nothing...dude most of those registrars mentioned above you have no chance to get the domain name, so Enom is gold...I would actually mark Enom's carppiness level as 3

Yes the 45 day domain hold for prerelease and 7 day wait to push domains. Also with prerelease domains they can take the domain back at any time on behalf of the original registrant.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suppose you never done extensively Snapnames and Pool auctions, because some of what they use as partners, that's the scummiest registrar scum, I actually started now to do Snapnames only pre-release/direct partners )not dropping partners), Pool I stopepd doing completely and if I want pendingdelete I backorder at Enom because I know it will be simply in my Enom panel...

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
webair.com!!! I had a domain with them that I won at snapnames not even 24 hours after the expiry date the domain went into redemption. They say they offer no grace period as they are basically paying for the domain then. Horrible...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's a great list, Denny. Galcomm along with some Korean registrars have to be the worst. I don't use Pool unless I have to. I am not 100% sure but seems that most of these little obscure registrars seem to be owned by Snapnames or Pool and are farmed out in order to have more chances of grabbing a domain at drop time.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
webair.com!!! I had a domain with them that I won at snapnames not even 24 hours after the expiry date the domain went into redemption. They say they offer no grace period as they are basically paying for the domain then. Horrible...
This is against Snapnames rules as they GUARANTEE minimum 3 month remaining registration (well actually ONLY 3 month, I lost some doamins before because I thought I have time enough)

That's a great list, Denny. Galcomm along with some Korean registrars have to be the worst. I don't use Pool unless I have to. I am not 100% sure but seems that most of these little obscure registrars seem to be owned by Snapnames or Pool and are farmed out in order to have more chances of grabbing a domain at drop time.
Yeah they dropped those Koreans and Galcomm too. I do not understand WHY they use these scummy partners - Pool has at least 40 own registrars (managed via one account at Namescout), Snapnames has mayb 60 own registrars and 40 from Directi group managed via Answerable. So basically few additional conenctions incerases their chance just a little BUT the business they are losing is much bigger. Maybe they will figure out one day too. I will now backorder pendingdeletes only at Namejet because the nerves I have today with transfering few domains is not worth it...

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you're right Acro, there are tons of registrars with no purpose but catching domains for Snapnames and Pool.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you're right Acro, there are tons of registrars with no purpose but catching domains for Snapnames and Pool.
But these "tons" are actually mostly owned by them - Snapnames managed by Moniker (formerly udomainname Logicboxes panel), Pool managed by Namescout and Enom has over 100 and all are managed via ENom panel. Enom was smart - they already dropped all tose "partners", They were using even the infamous Parava, and maybe 1.5 years ago they stopped using all of them and it was a wise decision...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators