Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

List of crappiest registrars

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also, Buydomains is now using many registrars to catch domains for themselves.

Domain summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Come to think of it, in the early days DNS was updated manually and then a printed guide circulated once a month :D

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is against Snapnames rules as they GUARANTEE minimum 3 month remaining registration (well actually ONLY 3 month, I lost some doamins before because I thought I have time enough)
Well the registration was a year. I won it last year but I was buying a lot then and i missed this one when moving them I guess. This one that was with webair expired the 23rd and on the 24th they wanted redemption fee.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also, Buydomains is now using many registrars to catch domains for themselves.
Not "many" I think they have four or so.

Also Godaddy has a dozen or so.

Well the registration was a year. I won it last year but I was buying a lot then and i missed this one when moving them I guess. This one that was with webair expired the 23rd and on the 24th they wanted redemption fee.
The domain went to redemption period one day after expiry ?

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Almost every registrar has its flaws.

But my worst experience has been with ENOM. I had two accounts, and they locked 1 account with a L-L.net in it a few years ago. They never unblocked after repeated calls, emails, faxing/emailing in scanned drivers license and credit card, nothing helped. The lady on the phone was rude, and it was a disaster.

I never got the domain back. I would have to search my threads to find out what the domain was again because I forgot the letters.

Edit: The domain was p-w.net. That's $200 down the drain. I am tired of scammers in my life. God damn Enom/DemandMedia, bunch of thieves.

Does anyone have contacts there? I am about to show them hell week.

Last edited:

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Almost every registrar has its flaws.

But my worst experience has been with ENOM. I had two accounts, and they locked 1 account with a L-L.net in it a few years ago. They never unblocked after repeated calls, emails, faxing/emailing in scanned drivers license and credit card, nothing helped. The lady on the phone was rude, and it was a disaster.

I never got the domain back. I would have to search my threads to find out what the domain was again because I forgot the letters.

Edit: The domain was p-w.net. That's $200 down the drain. I am tired of scammers in my life. God damn Enom/DemandMedia, bunch of thieves.

Does anyone have contacts there? I am about to show them hell week.

Enom also has a crappy user interface and it is very difficult just to login at Enomcentral.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how dare you compile a list of registrar scum without having eurodns.com at the top
they are a bunch of incompetent untrustworthy c*nts

ever tried transferring away? downright dishonest scum there
notice they never show their face round here as they daren't

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Register.com - thanks god ICANN finally forced them to make AUTHCODES avilable via panel - many years one had to call them, even people who do not speak english. Then the phone call was always like
"Please send me authcodes"
"Why you want to transfer ?"
"None of your business"
"What would it take to stay with us ?"
"You would have to pay me $100 per domain"
"Haha funny, now really"
"I am serious now send me the frickin' authcodes FFS !!!"
No bulk toolks either

They must be targetting mom-and-pop outlets with 1-2 domais, nobody sane with more than 10 domains will use them...

:lol: That is Just Spot-On.

I have had very similar conversations with them on many occasions too.

Some of these Registrars make me so :upset:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No one has mentioned 1&1 yet? I'm shocked. :)

They renewed roughly 15 domains one month I wanted to cancel - I even submitted the request and clicked the email confirmation yet they still renewed them.

I spent $400 moving all of my domains out of there within a week - even canceled my hosting with them and made sure I took out their aff links on my sites.

I've also had some really bad / strange ones with drops - one even didn't have an English version of their site - it took a lot of guesswork but luckily I was able to transfer my names out of there once the 60 days were up.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how dare you compile a list of registrar scum without having eurodns.com at the top
they are a bunch of incompetent untrustworthy c*nts

ever tried transferring away? downright dishonest scum there
notice they never show their face round here as they daren't
One and only time I will ever use them as seller would not transfer out so I had to create account and accept domain.

Now I know why seller would not transfer out - damnest bunch of people!

You have to contact them directly. Then they want to try to talk you out of it, delay everything, send you this but not this ... over 30 days before they finally sent me an auth code.

Horrible non-existent customer service.

Been there, done that.

Account created for me by a reseller years ago. Then I was not able to get auth codes for transfer. Reseller never responded. Lost three LLN.com's.

I have an enom account to accept account changes but having same difficulty. Once more, I think my enom days are over.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wrote to Enom today, telling them I will make it very difficult if they don't credit me the money for the L-L.net. I don't care, I want them to give me the $ it is worth, or the amount it went on the drop (since it dropped at their very own NameJet/ClubDrop) so they pocketed 100% of the money.

Got an email from Risk Management. I replied, the email bounced saying no Risk Management user exists.

I swear I am going to take this to levels not imaginable for a $200 domain name.

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wrote to Enom today, telling them I will make it very difficult if they don't credit me the money for the L-L.net. I don't care, I want them to give me the $ it is worth, or the amount it went on the drop (since it dropped at their very own NameJet/ClubDrop) so they pocketed 100% of the money.

Got an email from Risk Management. I replied, the email bounced saying no Risk Management user exists.

I swear I am going to take this to levels not imaginable for a $200 domain name.

doubt you'll win it,those guys are beat around the bush experts lol

Tenkk

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i've got nothing.

Last edited:

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No one has mentioned 1&1 yet? I'm shocked. :)

They renewed roughly 15 domains one month I wanted to cancel - I even submitted the request and clicked the email confirmation yet they still renewed them.

I spent $400 moving all of my domains out of there within a week - even canceled my hosting with them and made sure I took out their aff links on my sites.

I've also had some really bad / strange ones with drops - one even didn't have an English version of their site - it took a lot of guesswork but luckily I was able to transfer my names out of there once the 60 days were up.

I had the same problem with them. You cancel domains get confirmation and they renew them anyway. Hell they even sent me to collections. 1&1 is the most incompetent registrar ever IMO.

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The worst registrar I have used in a long time in DomainPeople.com. I acquired some domain names which were using DomainPeople.com and, despite having given them the benefit of the doubt for years thinking no company can run with such terrible support and so many technical issues it continues. Their interface is the worst of over 20 or 30 registrars I've used in recent years. As people often comment in forums about this registrar, their renewal prices are absurdly high.

Now I am trying to transfer our last three remaining domain names to another registrar and, because of yet more issues, it's not working. I have tried to contact DomainPeople.com several times by email, via their website and by telephone and not one person is getting back to me. It has been like this for years.

I can't wait to get our domain names away from DomainPeople. For the sake of your sanity, do not go anywhere near them.

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dotspeedy..they recently had their accreditation taken away..

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What about Yahoo, they"re awesome!

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This list should be much longer....

aceeca

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with them. You cancel domains get confirmation and they renew them anyway. Hell they even sent me to collections. 1&1 is the most incompetent registrar ever IMO.
I had the same issue with them, they sent me a letter via collections agency for $20.00. WTF????????

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dotspeedy..they recently had their accreditation taken away..

DotSpeedy ripped me off on a Snapnames drop when their system would not renew it automatically, then they would not return emails, phone calls or faxes nor could I get an auth code to transfer. They had an address in the US that did not even exist (used to be a mail forwarding company that went out of business) I believe they were operating out of somewhere in Russia.

I have to say that Snapnames really stepped up and tried to help with the situation, but Dot Speedy would not even return their emails or calls. Then I tried to get help from ICANN, all I can say is their assistance was about as useful as tits on a bull!!!!!!
Glad to see DotSpeedy will have their plug pulled....finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators