Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

List of crappiest registrars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
These four are same owner, it can be recognized by the pseudo-panel, all have same design
1 DOMAIN SOURCE, LTD. DBA DOMAIN 1 SOURCE, INC www.domain1source.com
WEB BUSINESS, LLC. www.webbusiness.biz
DOMAIN MONKEYS, LLC www.domainmonkeys.com
AIM HIGH!, INC. DBA GET YER NAME www.getyername.com
CRAPPINESS LEVEL: near 10 (they seldom answer email or ticket, they answer only if I write them I send someone to beat them with baseball bat, no kidding)

Unfortunately Snapnames caught a name for me with one of those. Snapnames sent me an automated email providing a username/password that does not work, because those Domain1Source bozos don't have a domain managing panel! Can you believe this crap?

exponent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A.) GoDaddy has the worst back-ordering service by far. I've missed out on names registered at GoDaddy, using GoDaddy's back-ordering service. I've also had issues in the past with prime domains failing to renew and suddenly disappearing. No disrespect to Adam, as he's associated with GoDaddy, but I'm a bit miffed that I lost MoonWebs*com

B.) From what I've experienced, Enom has a rather atrocious fraud investigation team. Long story short, I co-managed a portfolio of just over 8,000 domains before an unscrupulous partner plowed xyz into the ground. I filed suit to reclaim the domains, but the powers that be decided I needed to take action for each individual domain. Since I didn't have an easily printable list of each and every domain that was transferred out, expired, or maliciously deleted, myself and two other partners lost the bulk of our portfolio. I managed to recover less than 20 domains.

C.) Moniker and Name.com have two of the worst interfaces on Earth. Name.com is particularly bad in that it tends to time out quite often. Moniker is responsive, but I think the navigation has room for improvement.

Last edited:

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm currently putting together a site at WorstRegistrars.com, its in early stages right now, but will provide a place to rate/vent about registrars and a place to provide useful information such as important contacts, how to do internal pushes, request auth codes etc.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm currently putting together a site at WorstRegistrars.com, its in early stages right now, but will provide a place to rate/vent about registrars and a place to provide useful information such as important contacts, how to do internal pushes, request auth codes etc.

Sounds good ... should be a good place to Rant!!! :yo:

xero

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the ones that send you constant renewal emails for names that you transferred away long ago..

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Great idea!

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if the worst registrar had a face it would have Euro DNS written all over it, no question about that, if you don't agree then you just haven't had to deal w/those thieving mo*^&%*ers

1and1.com was actually my choice for absolute worst, until i got a name on ebay regged w/EuroDNS, but..... 1and1.com : there's still hope ! you're now the avis of the worst registrars ( you're #2 so you try harder , get it ? in case this is "too much" for you folks at 1and1 ) a well-deserved close 2nd !

there are smaller ones where people just don't know a domain from their ass but i thought it would be fairer to "pick" on the bigger guys who can take it :approve:

kokopelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Snapnames has also list of scum registrars:

These four are same owner, it can be recognized by the pseudo-panel, all have same design
1 DOMAIN SOURCE, LTD. DBA DOMAIN 1 SOURCE, INC www.domain1source.com
WEB BUSINESS, LLC. www.webbusiness.biz
DOMAIN MONKEYS, LLC www.domainmonkeys.com
AIM HIGH!, INC. DBA GET YER NAME www.getyername.com
CRAPPINESS LEVEL: near 10 (they seldom answer email or ticket, they answer only if I write them I send someone to beat them with baseball bat, no kidding)
I can vouch for the "crappiness level" of http://www.webbusiness.biz! I am right now trying to get a domain transferred out from them, and are having to deal with unresponsiveness, playing games, etc.
they answer only if I write them I send someone to beat them with baseball bat, no kidding
Might have to try that ... :)

Tikkun

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for the "crappiness level" of http://www.webbusiness.biz! I am right now trying to get a domain transferred out from them, and are having to deal with unresponsiveness, playing games, etc.

Might have to try that ... :)

Apparently nobody beat them well enough, 'cuz I have 2 domains I won from Snapnames w/GetYerName / Aim High / 1domainsource / webbusiness.biz that I need to transfer out that they're making quite an ordeal.

I didn't know know they a fraud a first at all, so I was actually quite nice to them during the first few exchanges.

Now I understand well that my kindness was misplaced, and I'm rather pissed.

I filed a BBB complaint about 2 weeks ago, as well as ICANN complaints for incorrect whois info (they won't expose MY whois info, just their fake domain guard crap) and complaints for failure to transfer. Nothing yet.

Maybe if as a group we contacted ICANN's legal counsel at once, we could get some leverage on pulling their registrar status? That'd be a very expensive lesson for them.

And to think this "Dr Vinent Hamm" piece of crap ran as a politician. You always hear that politicians are worms, but my god -- if they're all like this, we are truly doomed!

@#(*@#( auuugh!!

:)

Advice appreciated.

Last edited:

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had similar experiences with them. Passwords never work and email replies are hit or miss. A handful of names I was able to get the transfer out codes for a long time ago, but in a recent attempt I got no responses to my request. There is no excuse for this, always email snapnames too to get pressure from them as well, but as mentioned in the past, the money is not what it used to be in the drops so many of these previously accredited registrars might care and be there to respond.. or might not.. depends if your email, the day, and the weather :upset:

Recently I had another name at snapnames which I bought at auction in pre-release, paid and had receipt for only to have the registrar just drop the domain anyway. It dropped 2 months after I bought it and then went to auction at one of the non-mainstream catchers.. though this I do believe was a sincere oversight on the registrar's part. Anyhow domaining is a fragmented industry lacking oversight.. it'd be great to have a more detailed social-generated website of all the registrars aside from just the icann page that lists only a url and phone number. I'm pretty sure most serious domain investors already know what we need to about the handful of larger ones.. its these thousands of little ones that can either lead to ease of consolidation, or blatant fraud and loss of serious investments. These are things everyone should be made aware of before deciding to place their bid(s).

ie: who they catch for, user experiences, etc.. anyone up for the challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom