Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

lottery.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJM

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
acronym007 said:
It would be nice, if they offered some sort of lottery system for these domains. That is that anyone could win them by simply having the right number and paying a fee or something to that affect. I would like to see a different system in the future. It would be nice to see what some people with less money could do with some of this traffic. Cheers,
Instead of contemplating a lottery systerm, and or how to construct a domain system whereas you, the "everyman", can explore an easy way out to uncomplicate lifes financial woes. Why not apply that same effort, conceiving an innovative stradegy to find/buy/monetize/broker domains. Perhaps it may do some good, and "it" (domains) can be for the taking. Not for the discussing the not-so possible future.

Some hard work - That's what ultimately would be nice. :huh: :

Good luck.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Did you check the Overture for "lottery"? It's in the millions.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Did you check the Overture for "lottery"? It's in the millions.

.Net really eats up the value though. Tell someone to goto a .net domain and a few days latter they will be typing in the .com.

I'm sure there's a business plan behind it so the investor(s) will likely still come out well.

Just remember with domains like these they never go for too little. Too many people looking to get good deals, therefore in the end nobody really gets a good deal. It just goes for the max it can go for at this point in time.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maybe the new owner should start a site where domain names can be listed and raffled off? sell your names at lottery.net

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Buying lottery directly on the Net might not be a far distant future :-D

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What interests me is the fact that the .net went for 20k less than the .org at around the same time. Being a big .org fan, this is good news to me.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed30 said:
What interests me is the fact that the .net went for 20k less than the .org at around the same time. Being a big .org fan, this is good news to me.
I agree, the number of good available .orgs may be larger then the number of .nets, but the orgs have, in my opinion, higher value then .net's.

...off to reg a good keyword .org I have been wanting to reg for week now! (and the .net will still be available, as I don't want it)

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't read that much into the .org selling for more than the .net

.org ovt w/e is 1574 but the .net is only 194, also many lotteries use the .org in preference to the .net and even the .com because they are charitable organizations.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you can't get the .com, go for the .org all the way....its a no brainer, but to stash away the .net might be a good idea as well just for the heck of it...

As far as all the heated discussions go over domains and lotteries, etc... nobody EVER suggested getting something for nothing, we were simply exploring the OTHER potential ways thats dropped "foster child" domains could be distributed, for example: a RICH family is'nt always best for a real foster child for many reasons, the same as a large public corporation or "private entity" getting TOO MANY top foster domains and stashing them away never to be seen for sale or "public" usage again is'nt always the best idea for OUR Internet and the grand scheme of things or future...BALANCE OF POWER, ANTI-MONOPOLY, etc. Don't hurt your brain on this one...these said IDEAS were also for ways that a drop company might make more MONEY, that damn root of all thats good and bad in life. If YOU want everything to stay exactly like it is and think it's the way its suppose to be and working just fine, then expect to be left behind in the dust of progression and changing ideas and methods here on the Internet in the next few years...change is always good if its a step closer to MORE of us succeeding, unless of course you are a greedy, self serving, selfish, and ignorant rich kid who probably grew up with mommy and daddy's money shoved down your throat and does'nt know whats it's like on the other side of life...not naming anyone in particular...you know who you are, and it's ok...it's not your fault you are a spoiled brat who does'nt want to share...reminds me of the sandbox and being 6 years old again...that pesky little snotty nose rich kid that used to have the best toys and would never share, was always saying.."MINE MINE MINE" and he was right, they were... :eek:k:

Chris

jumbo

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What was the final price it went for?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
$40k - as I predicted :-D

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Radistar...I think you need to change your motto to "SMART Greek Geek" :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
LOL
I just have to play FL lotto next Wednesday - the jackpot is $13 million.

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Radistar, you'll win millions more with "Mega Millions."

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You will theoretically win more playing when the jackpot is low.

Rico

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Name admin inc

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rico said:
Name admin inc

thats what I thought
They have really big budget

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rico said:
Name admin inc

What a joke. That price would have made sense with a business plan (distributing winning numbers for example and targeting other gambling related sites) or something of that nature.

But paying that just to park it on a standard network?

Hmm, only 93,696 more clicks to go and the domain will be half paid for.

Way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom