• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed M-E.me

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WotWot is verified member.

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2002
Messages
3,297
Reaction score
56
Yes , it's all about ME :rolleyes:

One of three that I laid out the family fortune on, deciding whether or not to keep the other two- this one I like- and that's what counts?


M-E.me
 
I wouldn't value this about the same as N-a-m-e.name, only little value, maybe worth more because it is very short.

Probably worth alot to the right end user though.
 
I looked this up yesterday but it was already taken. Since LL.me don't exist, L-L.me might have a little more value. For an L-L.me it's a good one, value too hard to say right now.
 
It may worth low $xxx to someone that wants to collect names like this.

Good luck. :)
 
You might want to look at marketing short email addresses on the name, after all an address like dnffoo(at)m-e.me is kind of cute and because no me.me is available, messages won't get sent to the wrong place (just bounced), so I think that is at least something of a plus for your name.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get reminded of that stock broker commercial (obviously not an effective one, because I cannot remember their name, but...) that shows an auction where somebody just buys a painting and turns around and asks the auctioneer to sell it? I think of that when I see the .me TLD sub forum or .me evaluation posts here.

Of course, you might also want to find and sell it to a memeticists. ;)

-Commerce
(I just decided to get an l-l.me cover for another .me based on the inspirational post above by hugegrowth)
 
Last edited:
May be of strong interest to a mechanical engineering firm, a medical examiner, or people or businesses in the state of Maine (ME).

this one I like

Me, too.
 
reg fee, but as the case.. you never know to the right end user. ;)
 
May be of strong interest to a mechanical engineering firm, a medical examiner, or people or businesses in the state of Maine (ME).



Me, too.

Thanks - I seriously think this has potential, somewhat above "reg fee". :cool:

I dropped the other two and just have one more in auction that I may or may not bid on- don't much like the $75 starting bid.
 
Sorry I dont even see this as worth reg fee. But ya never know. .ME is pretty much a joke in the industry .
 
Hey Wot,

You have made allot of smart moves in the business but to be honest I don't value this one above reg fee either. In the case of reg fee with .me, it's less than reg fee because .me is expensive.

:-)
 
Sorry I dont even see this as worth reg fee. But ya never know. .ME is pretty much a joke in the industry .

A joke in the industry? Which part of the industry do you represent?
 
Everyone I talk to calls it a joke, every forum laughs at the folks who ask for apprasials , HAve a look at Namepros, DomainState etc , these names started showing here but been showing there all week. AND I AM NOT SAYING ANYONE IS A PRO ,and what I meant was its the butt of alot of jokes .not that the powers that be think its a joke, just every domain page you go tothere having a laugh at people who ask for apprails and comments from domainer are critical and that has to be taken seriously.

Read this from Domain State . But just read the other sites , its a big laugh.

From Domain Name Wire
http://domainnamewire.com/2008/07/17...-domain-names/

Q: Can anyone register .me domains?

A: Yes, if you really want to throw away your money.



FULL TEXT


Q: Will three letter .me domains be valuable?

A: No

Q: Why not?

A: .Me is just another re-purposed country code similar to .ws. Look at what happened to .ws. .Me is the country code for Montenegro. The only use for domains like this is search engine optimization (assuming Google doesn’t discount the domain extension).

Q: Can anyone register .me domains?

A: Yes, if you really want to throw away your money.
 
Last edited:
Everyone I talk to calls it a joke, every forum laughs at the folks who ask for apprasials...

I would say .me is doing much better than other brand new extensions.

I would rather hear the opinion of experienced domainers many of which are active on DNF than take the advice of a few people on some forums who have no influence in the domain industry.
 
Hey Wot,

You have made allot of smart moves in the business but to be honest I don't value this one above reg fee either. In the case of reg fee with .me, it's less than reg fee because .me is expensive.

:-)

We agree to disagree - time as always, will tell. :cool:

Sorry I dont even see this as worth reg fee. But ya never know. .ME is pretty much a joke in the industry .


Love the "ya never no" - just in case eh :rolleyes: - glad you are well up to speed with the industry knowledge, we don't even have hindsight for this particular extension and already decried :) but then I make my own decisions- I rarely follow the pack.

Whatever the case, this name is getting plenty of attention whatever the opinions may be, for ,against or indifferent.
 
Last edited:
I agree but alot of the folks at the other forums who are calling it a joke are some of the most experianced buyers of domains. I certanly was not saying i was .

Yeah the Ya Never Know i guess can be taken that way but ive seen domains apprasied as worthless and sell for $500 so "Ya Never Know"
 
I think .me is a heck of a lot better than .mobi
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom