• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

man dot.biz is a weak ext obese.biz available

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatter

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
1,301
Reaction score
4
I would think obese.com would sell for a pretty penny, I no the purpose of dotbiz, but just the fact the some real good keywords are available for reg speaks more about the extension than anything else, I own a couple on future tech stuff where i think the demand will be great, but see dot biz isnt in very much demand, any thoughts
 
Obese.biz is registered ... since early 2005 (hosted at Fabulous.com). Score.biz just sold for $4,492.
 
I bought a few .biz when I first started...then I realized that it was doomed. Business is synonymous with dotcom, and you cannot even imagine a powerful business with .biz. One would think it would have been just a bit stronger, but maybe this is a perfect example of the strength of dotcom?

Funny how you don't hear people defending it like they do in other extentions. Also, who would have thought that e would be 100 times stronger than i when it comes to the Internet. Lots of people bought names beginning with i....can you imagine iBay.com instead of eBay.com?

I am usually pretty harsh when it comes to other extentions....everyone should stick to dotcom until they prove they can make money there.
 
I often see .biz names available when many other extensions are gone. I think it suits small and medium size businesses, and marketing companies. It's a decent alternative for a business if that's all that's available. It should continue to go up in value like all extensions for the right keywords.
 
carlton said:
Obese.biz is registered ... since early 2005 (hosted at Fabulous.com). Score.biz just sold for $4,492.


your right my registrar said it was available and is usually accurate
my bad.
In dot biz's defence I do see company trucks with the biz ext, which suits a brick and mortar company
 
WhoDatDog said:
I bought a few .biz when I first started...then I realized that it was doomed. Business is synonymous with dotcom.
Well, at least your bias is evident. I don't mean to sound harsh WhoDat, but your objectivity is pretty obscured by dotcom tunnel vision. Doomed? Why not choose a more open perspective vs. drawing final conclusions about a robust, developing market?
 
WhoDatDog said:
Also, who would have thought that e would be 100 times stronger than i when it comes to the Internet. Lots of people bought names beginning with i....can you imagine iBay.com instead of eBay.com?

That's because "e" traditionally stood for "electronic" (as in "e-mail") so it's no wonder that "e" would become far more popular as a prefix in domains.
 
barefoot said:
That's because "e" traditionally stood for "electronic" (as in "e-mail") so it's no wonder that "e" would become far more popular as a prefix in domains.


All I know is that I saw lots of names beginning with i at the expired lists. I never bought any. You must have made a million with all the e names you bought in the mid-90's.

As to the other post...anyone who thinks .biz is a viable alternative for a business is way off. It is an amateur extention for business.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom