Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.Mobi is not a scam. The proof

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveZilla

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that's very interesting route to investing which is 100% aligned with what cooldomain is doing...

find a .com with traffic, register the .mobi then ask them to buy at 40% discount compared to them serving you with UDRP/WIPO

the .mobi investor economics...wow and again wow

In this case I'm not talking about buying his companyname.mobi as an investment, but as a defensive maneuver. Just because it sucks doesn't mean companies can ignore that aspect of any new TLD.

You may be against all new TLD's for that reason. Its understandable if thats the most important factor for you.

Well, as we agressively protect our Trademarks, I would not bother with the Standard UDRP, but proceed under the The Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act and seek the maximum statutory damages of $100,000.

If the domain name owner, offers at any time to sell or transfer the domain name for value, most courts will find that the owner has acted in bad faith.

Depending on the company name, they may use the domain to sell unrelated goods/services. In that case you'd have no legal recourse.

That is still alot of risk/waste of your time/companies time/tying up of company resources that could be prevented by spending $15 a year.

This really should be an entirely different thread about regging extensions as a defensive legal maneuver.

Domain summit 2024

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depending on the company name, they may use the domain to sell unrelated goods/services. In that case you'd have no legal recourse.

That is still alot of risk/waste of your time/companies time/tying up of company resources that could be prevented by spending $15 a year.

This really should be an entirely different thread about regging extensions as a defensive legal maneuver.

Not sure where you learned about TM law, using a domain in a different context does not protect it from legal recourse. If you registered google.mobi and marketed as a voyeur site do you think for one second that you are protected from a lawsuit?

As for wasting time and money, well thats what lawyers are for and thats what the expensive retainer fees are for.

Why should a company be forced to register all extensions?

Domaining is about Speculating markets and trends, not speculating on how much a company will pay to get back a domain that is being used in bad faith.

Side Note: I did say "If the domain name owner, offers at any time to sell or transfer the domain name for value, most courts will find that the owner has acted in bad faith"

DaveZilla

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you learned about TM law, using a domain in a different context does not protect it from legal recourse. If you registered google.mobi and marketed as a voyeur site do you think for one second that you are protected from a lawsuit?

As for wasting time and money, well thats what lawyer are for and thats what the expensive retainer fees are for.

Why should a company be forced to register all extensions?

I did say "depending on the company name". There are many cases where using a domain in a way that does not cause confusion and to offer different goods/services DOES protect it from legal recourse by a TM holder with the exact same name.

You're not forced to register any extensions. You can lose all the time and money you want.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The last few posts have been about, the resale of .mobi not about developing in different contexts, even so its not absolute that you are protected from TM infringment, and it still has nothing to do with my original response about the domain owner offering the "domain for sale at a cost"

You can try to dig yourself out a hole with misdirection but it doesnt change the facts.

iDName

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1 thing to say, I didn't post in this thread because cooldomain started it! thanks for listening! now get over it, hes one out of many.

DaveZilla

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
glad I'm not the only one that picked that up :)

I didn't say I agree with someone reg'ing your TM domain. A good TM lawyer will advise you to reg your TM in all extensions to protect your TM. No need to shoot the messenger.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry to go back to "CoolDomain" but other thread is closed to avoid editing my evidence...

Now, who claimed he never owned any of those names and I'm fabricating stuff read his post here LOL. I was surprised nobody picked this up before

Asking for Legal advice since 53rd.mobi is the address of his friends and is wondering if he'll have issues with 53rd bank!!!!
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=197198

guy is CLEARLY a scammer and should be avoided @ all costs (!)

cooldomain

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
sorry to go back to "CoolDomain" but other thread is closed to avoid editing my evidence...

Now, who claimed he never owned any of those names and I'm fabricating stuff read his post here LOL. I was surprised nobody picked this up before

Asking for Legal advice since 53rd.mobi is the address of his friends and is wondering if he'll have issues with 53rd bank!!!!
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=197198

guy is CLEARLY a scammer and should be avoided @ all costs (!)

It is you who are a scammer. You posted fabricated emails in my sales thread and tons of other irrelevant comments there. YOU should be avoided at any cost.

Note Mr "maroulis: it is not "53rd bank". It is 5th-3rd bank. Get educated. Thus no TM issues, but I still wanted some advice.

Maroulis...

After reading the thread about cooldomain and the Montanna Lottery you most certainly deserve my handshake. Thanks for patroling the dirty streets of "DN"... A glorious statue is to be erected in your honor. To Sim city at once!

To Sin City of Red Lights at once... that is for sure.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seems that .mobi is scaring .com/.net names? Of course anyone can access (for an example) www.google.com from your phone and then be redirected to http://mobile.google.com. This is good for the Japanese side since we use xhtml and chtml so that we do not have to follow mtld's requirements. But now that there are 2 ways to get to the mobile phone site (www.google.com & www.google.mobi) and still get to the same mobile website. But if we were to access the site using another extension (.info, .tv, etc), we would not get there. .mobi has more to do with mobile phones, in which we are using to access, than other extensions.
So when some of us were able to reg some good names, i sense some jealousy. Some people are putting our intelligence and investment down. I personally find this very unprofessional. No matter what remarks we make, some people use our words that we type against us. Calling us newbies, stupid, whatever. They are only words. What is their point? Do they expect us to say:

"ok, you are right. I will refund my .mobi and get my money back because you know more. You know everything. I know nothing."

I dont know who the inverstors or haters are for .mobi. I have never met you nor have seen any evidence of your experience. I joined this forum hoping to make friends since we are on the same side. investors and pioneers. I am very happy to meet all of you who had neutral or positive things to say. For those who said many negative things to me, calling me newbie (so i am a newbie, so F***ing what), I am disappointed in your behavior.

Perhaps if we were discussing this in person, we would not have this type of negativity. It must be a communication problem.

Before I came to Japan from hometown Dallas, Texas, I had only my boring job teaching. I wanted to succeed just like every man. To make new ideas, make a business, whatever to support my family. I finally came to Japan as a mobile developer. At that time, I found out a lot about the industry and then later .mobi. I had no idea if .mobi would succeed or not, but i invested about $3,000 in the names.
What i am hearing from the .mobi haters is strange. Many of them say, "you wont get money. it is a stupid investment and you are a newbie". I do not buy these names to support my family. It was a gamble. And i have received a lot of requests to purchase some of my names that exceed my investment. So this is an investment that has gone good. Not to make a living or anything; i didnt expect to make a living. I expected to get back more than i invested, which it has.

So for those who keep calling me newbie, go ahead. This newbie made some money. If i made more than i invested then you can call me whatever you want cause your words dont mean **** to me. You haters keep writing on .mobi threads for.......WHAT!?

Are you our financial adviser!? ummm. no. If i had listened to your advice from the start, I would not have made any investment.

Are you my guidance counselor? ummm. no. If you were, i would be doing this for a living. That seems like something i would not want to do.

Are you my friend? ummm. no. If you were my friend, you would support me and help me. .mobi hates have not helped me. They have said unrelated things and bash me for.......WHAT!?

I would like .mobi haters to tell us "which" names you owned or sold. Then could i bash you back!? I dont think you would tell us.

Anyways, I am not here to express my feelings on this board. I am here to make friends, get PRODUCTIVE advice. I dont have any other good domain names. I cannot afford pricey .com/.net or they are not available. The only names that were available that i regged are the .mobi. perhaps they are not as pricey as .com/.net, well, at least i got some .mobi names. And if they sell more than i invested, i dont need for .mobi hates to lecture me on my investment. I am not paying you to advise.

And just because i am a newbie, does not mean that i have made any mistakes in my investment. I see more .mobi investors and .mobi owners making money than i see .mobi haters. Shall we take a vote?

Do you support .mobi?
1. I support .mobi
2. I so-so support .mobi
3. I dont support .mobi
4. I hate .mobi

The answer to this would show us all if there is more supporters of .mobi than .mobi haters.

If anyone has a better questionaire to make, please do start a thread. Im tired of this nagging from .mobi haters. Lets just get this over with. Are they just simply jealous? Are they simply training to be a domain consultant? Do they just want to bitch? Or are they 100% exactly correct on our bad investment?

cooldomain

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Alpha_Centauri...

I think it is rather Sin City (of red Lights)... at once... :D.

I sent you a PM about this matter.

Alpha_Centauri

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know you "Cooldomains", do NOT talk to me, do NOT send me PMs. You should have been banned!

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
heh heh heh

Can anyone guess who is the most sensitive in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom