Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.Mobi is not a scam. The proof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why does every thread end up with everyone arguing...get a ****ing grip people, damn.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah BANNED legends..lol

Asia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seems that .mobi is scaring .com/.net names? Of course anyone can access (for an example) www.google.com from your phone and then be redirected to http://mobile.google.com. This is good for the Japanese side since we use xhtml and chtml so that we do not have to follow mtld's requirements. But now that there are 2 ways to get to the mobile phone site (www.google.com & www.google.mobi) and still get to the same mobile website. But if we were to access the site using another extension (.info, .tv, etc), we would not get there. .mobi has more to do with mobile phones, in which we are using to access, than other extensions.
So when some of us were able to reg some good names, i sense some jealousy. Some people are putting our intelligence and investment down. I personally find this very unprofessional. No matter what remarks we make, some people use our words that we type against us. Calling us newbies, stupid, whatever. They are only words. What is their point? Do they expect us to say:

"ok, you are right. I will refund my .mobi and get my money back because you know more. You know everything. I know nothing."

I dont know who the inverstors or haters are for .mobi. I have never met you nor have seen any evidence of your experience. I joined this forum hoping to make friends since we are on the same side. investors and pioneers. I am very happy to meet all of you who had neutral or positive things to say. For those who said many negative things to me, calling me newbie (so i am a newbie, so F***ing what), I am disappointed in your behavior.

Perhaps if we were discussing this in person, we would not have this type of negativity. It must be a communication problem.

Before I came to Japan from hometown Dallas, Texas, I had only my boring job teaching. I wanted to succeed just like every man. To make new ideas, make a business, whatever to support my family. I finally came to Japan as a mobile developer. At that time, I found out a lot about the industry and then later .mobi. I had no idea if .mobi would succeed or not, but i invested about $3,000 in the names.
What i am hearing from the .mobi haters is strange. Many of them say, "you wont get money. it is a stupid investment and you are a newbie". I do not buy these names to support my family. It was a gamble. And i have received a lot of requests to purchase some of my names that exceed my investment. So this is an investment that has gone good. Not to make a living or anything; i didnt expect to make a living. I expected to get back more than i invested, which it has.

So for those who keep calling me newbie, go ahead. This newbie made some money. If i made more than i invested then you can call me whatever you want cause your words dont mean **** to me. You haters keep writing on .mobi threads for.......WHAT!?

Are you our financial adviser!? ummm. no. If i had listened to your advice from the start, I would not have made any investment.

Are you my guidance counselor? ummm. no. If you were, i would be doing this for a living. That seems like something i would not want to do.

Are you my friend? ummm. no. If you were my friend, you would support me and help me. .mobi hates have not helped me. They have said unrelated things and bash me for.......WHAT!?

I would like .mobi haters to tell us "which" names you owned or sold. Then could i bash you back!? I dont think you would tell us.

Anyways, I am not here to express my feelings on this board. I am here to make friends, get PRODUCTIVE advice. I dont have any other good domain names. I cannot afford pricey .com/.net or they are not available. The only names that were available that i regged are the .mobi. perhaps they are not as pricey as .com/.net, well, at least i got some .mobi names. And if they sell more than i invested, i dont need for .mobi hates to lecture me on my investment. I am not paying you to advise.

And just because i am a newbie, does not mean that i have made any mistakes in my investment. I see more .mobi investors and .mobi owners making money than i see .mobi haters. Shall we take a vote?

Do you support .mobi?
1. I support .mobi
2. I so-so support .mobi
3. I dont support .mobi
4. I hate .mobi

The answer to this would show us all if there is more supporters of .mobi than .mobi haters.

If anyone has a better questionaire to make, please do start a thread. Im tired of this nagging from .mobi haters. Lets just get this over with. Are they just simply jealous? Are they simply training to be a domain consultant? Do they just want to bitch? Or are they 100% exactly correct on our bad investment?
Impressive.
So are your .mobis.
COOL.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Man, I was away a couple days and I missed all the action. I was wondering 2 weeks ago how long that moron would last on DNF. He even sent me a PM asking if I could broker a domain for him! How did he find me? Because I posted in his 53rd.mobi thread basically saying he was a moron! guess I didn't spell it out.

Loved his business plan though, thanks for sharing it Maroulis: Find domains that companies declined to register for $7. Offer to them for $1,000. When they don't bite, tell them it will cost them $1,500 to take legal action! Oh, and press fellow domainers into labor as your broker without telling them!

I think he will be easy to spot when he comes back.

damitssam

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, are you saying that the .Mobi supporters: IT and telecom giants such as Ericsson, Google, GSM Association, Hutchison, Microsoft, Nokia, Orascom Telecom, Samsung Electronics, Syniverse, T-Mobile, and others, whose combined yearly income around 30bn, deceive the people to get just $1bn maximum which they will yet need to share among themselves? See the first posting in this thread...

"Supporters"? The Smart Pinky Brand calls them "supporters". Probably some EQUITY Supporters :lol: :lol: :lol: Hell I want to be an Equity Supporter :approve: . The way this extention is flying off with speculators gives me a NICE ROI. Unfortunately, they are privately traded :sigh2:

couple of tidy .mobi sales on sedo today:

livepoker.mobi - $4750
videopoker.mobi - $6500
xtc - $1554

Pred

Congrats. You made money selling your names to other domain speculators. Very smart, nice ROI before bubble burst.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
because .mobi fanboys make me crazy maroulis. This reminds me of the .EU fanboys. poor them, 90% of them losing money now.

I'm 100% with you, just read some of the posts in this very thread or read the infamous "where's all .mobi haters gone"... my point is, resurrecting this dead thread (pretty much like the .mobi) ;) they'll only come back tenfold..

been a quite few weeks at DNF w/out them bragging about every single piece of news from potential Iran invasion to WW3 and not bringing up .mobi LOL

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
whatever.
just updating information. no ones saying "whoopie" or "boo". Eu!? what the hell is that!?

damitssam

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually maroulis i was searching on google for "mobi scam". Came to this lovely thread :) Someone register MobiScam.com and develop that baby :)

whatever.
just updating information. no ones saying "whoopie" or "boo". Eu!? what the hell is that!?

:?: :?: :?: :?: You dunno what .EU is? I wonder whats the average domain lifespan of these .mobi fanboys?!?! :lol: :lol:

Of course you have great domains anways, so you should be fine. Sell them all quick before they die in value.

EDIT: You said you started with $5k gamble. My friend i can see you selling your names to your fellow mobi fanboys for $50k. Do it ASAP, i would love to see your domain success story :)

Clearly there are FOUR type of people on this forum.

1. Veterans who have EXPERIENCE (2 years+) who know this just another bang and fade tld and laugh everytime a new landrush comes along ( .com is king)

2. Veterans who know how to hype a market, and sell their newly registered names for money $$$$ (Mr. Rich Schwartz is brilliant at this, some other ones too)

3. Inexperienced domainers who are convinced this is the next big thing. 90% of them will fail and drop out, just like all the .eu domainers.

4. The exceptions. The very, very few veterans who truly believe in .mobi.

Like a fellow member said here, it is easy to see which category they fall into.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol
obviously the .eu comment was wasted on you. it's called sarcasm :lol:
i also find it amusing you hint that you're a veteran if you have 2 years plus??
i wouldn't consider myself one of those with a long way in excess of that, neither would most i think? that would take a great degree of arrogance ;)
there are so many individuals on this forum who only see things in black & white, whether they are discussing politics or domains.
Life's not like that, ever.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i also find it amusing you hint that you're a veteran if you have 2 years plus??

there are so many individuals on this forum who only see things in black & white, whether they are discussing politics or domains.

Life's not like that, ever.

agreed,

think i might go find some .gd threads and start bashing ... nah no reason to stoop

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have any of you .mobites made any money from a developed .mobi site? And not by selling the name to another speculator.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Will .mobi sites be pulling in a profit in 2-5 years? As long as the .mobi brand effectively penatrates the market, absolutely!

Enjoy the calm .mobi haters because .mobi is going to be Rockin It along side .com at the next Traffic auction.

No, .mobi isn't .com's equal however, it does make a great companion (mobile internet focused) site.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least the .eu speculators make money on type-in traffic. Not possible for .mobi speculators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators