Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Mozzarella.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

niceguy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mozzarella.ca

BIN now set at $250.

Taking offers.
Post here.

Last edited:

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Mozzarella cheese. It's a Trademark.

niceguy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you a lawyer? Look stuff up before you get involved in a sales thread with your comments....

This is from Wikipedia.

Mozzarella is a generic term for the several kinds of, originally, Italian fresh cheeses that are made using spinning and then cutting (hence the name; the Italian verb mozzare actually means "to cut"): mozzarella di latte di bufala made from unpasteurized water buffalo's milk; mozzarella di bufala campana made only from Campania's buffalo milk; mozzarella fior di latte made from fresh pasteurized or unpasteurized cow's milk; and mozzarella made from mixtures, sometimes smoked, and those stored in preservatives.

Fresh mozzarella is usually served on the day it is made as it does not keep beyond 12 or 24 hours. Mozzarella of several kinds are also used for most types of pizza (more compact lower water content kinds), lasagna, or served with sliced tomatoes and basil in Insalata caprese.

Last edited:

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you are posting the definition.
Words can become trademarks. Just like Coke. Coke means something different from the Coke product. It's still a trademark and no one is silly enough to buy it from you as it's an easy lawsuit.

niceguy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you look this up - or just posting out of ignorance, because it "seems" right to you?

ca11

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any range you are considering niceguy so we can stay around your limits?

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think you are safe with this name. i don't think anyone would challenge mozarella. i am willing to bet the farm on that one.

theinvestor: come on dude what were you thinking with that comment?

BTW: nice name

ca11

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and Mozzarella is not a TM. That makes me come up with an analogy that glaced donuts would be a krispy kreme TM, which isnt so.

niceguy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looking for offers in the in the lower xxx range - will set a BIN shortly.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I like the fact that i'm trying to give you advice and you attack me. It's an italian trademark 100% certain of it. If you don't choose to listen to what i'm telling you. Either do your own research by 1. Paying to find out that it's a trademark or 2. Getting other opinions.

There have already been lawsuits previously with people taking Mozzarella names. It happened in 2003 when someone registered the domains mozzarellavallelata.it.

Outcome was : Complainant has provided sufficient evidence of its rights to the VALLELATA and MOZZARELLA VALLELATA-trademarks within the European Union and Italy.

Use google to search for something other than definitions and you will find out Mozzarella is indeed a trademark.

Good luck to you.

It is a trademark unless you plan about making the site about Mozzarella that isn't cheese related. Mozzarella is an italian cheese that is trademarked. You guys have to be kidding me lol

ca11

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mozzarellavallelata and mozzarella is two completely different things dude. It is exactly the same as burger and burgerking. GEEEEEEEEZ!

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If that's the case. What is the difference between cheese and mozzarella ?

Now what about Mozzarella cheese? That's trademarked.

Like i said there is only one purpose for this domain and it's likely to cause a lawsuit.

Sorry for over posting but i hate being wrong about an issue i am certain about. So i just did my own little research and here is what i found.

Word Mark MOZZARELLAGoods and ServicesIC 029. US 046. G & S: cheese. FIRST USE: 19840824. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19840824Mark Drawing Code(5) WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS IN STYLIZED FORMSerial Number78378049Filing DateMarch 3, 2004Current Filing Basis1AOriginal Filing Basis1APublished for OppositionDecember 21, 2004Registration Number2933201Registration DateMarch 15, 2005Owner(REGISTRANT) Grande Cheese Company CORPORATION ILLINOIS P.O. Box 67, Dairy Road Brownsville WISCONSIN 53006Attorney of RecordMarta S. Levine
Prior Registrations
1348330;1878750;1879936;AND OTHERSType of MarkTRADEMARKRegisterPRINCIPAL-2(F)Live/Dead IndicatorLIVE

niceguy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is surreal....you are kidding right?

How about if you post a link to any company that owns a trademark for the word "mozzarella" as it refers to cheese. Just the word "mozzarella".

ca11

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seriously man, you make no sense. Niceguy gave you the opportunity to read his wikipedia bit. Mozzarella is cheese, you are right about that.

But, you fail to realize that there are 100s of different types of cheese. From mozzarella to cheddar, feta, swiss, and so on. I will give you a third analogy. Saying mozzarella is trademarked because it's cheese is like saying orange is trademarked because it is fruit!!!

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Scroll up, i posted it. Since 2005 it has been registered as a trademark.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Word Mark MOZZARELLAGoods and ServicesIC 029. US 046. G & S: cheese. FIRST USE: 19840824. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19840824Mark Drawing Code(5) WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS IN STYLIZED FORMSerial Number78378049Filing DateMarch 3, 2004Current Filing Basis1AOriginal Filing Basis1APublished for OppositionDecember 21, 2004Registration Number2933201Registration DateMarch 15, 2005Owner(REGISTRANT) Grande Cheese Company CORPORATION ILLINOIS P.O. Box 67, Dairy Road Brownsville WISCONSIN 53006Attorney of RecordMarta S. Levine
Prior Registrations
1348330;1878750;1879936;AND OTHERSType of MarkTRADEMARKRegisterPRINCIPAL-2(F)Live/Dead IndicatorLIVE

You left out the disclaimer

"Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "MOZZARELLA" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN"

link

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I didn't leave out disclaimer , i had to copy and paste. It still shows it as a trademark. Am i missing something?

ca11

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Appreciation of qualified national products, together with a guaranteed reference for consumers, has become necessary in the field of dairy products. Indeed, the Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) trademark has been assigned to numerous cheeses, such as buffalo milk mozzarella. In order to receive this designation, the raw materials have to be produced and processed in the specified region from which the product gets its name. Therefore, in order to determine the authenticity of typical dairy products it is necessary to determine the geographical origin of the milk and of the finished product obtained from it."

Trademark only applies to the name when its geographic origin is coupled with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com