Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed MyBitches.mobi Is this a reach?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hershon2000

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well thank you for some of the later posts which were more constructive in their criticism. I'm fine with my selections and I'll stick with them. You may be totally right, I don't have a problem with that. The way I'm looking at this is, if mobile phones do take off, I think "Mybitches" would be something that someone would want to see on a mobile phone with a better graphic interface then say a .com & its easy to remember assuming people get use to this suffix. It's my understanding that other domain sites do not have that good a graphic interface as .mobi for these type phones. Likewise, In3d, I think would have alot have demand as a 3d interface for these phones, with a short name, easy to remember as well as 1link. None of these are available as .com & I think I should be able to turn them over and make some money back, especially if iphones take off. If they don't, OK, I'm out $45 total per each year I want them- I'm not going to lose sleep over this. I don't plan to buy any other .mobi domains but considering the cost, it was something that I thought worth my while doing. I also think that in the case of "Mybitches", there definately is someone who the actual name would appeal enough to, to buy for a US domain. If these had cost say $100 each, no I wouldn't have taken the chance, but for $15 each, I thought let's bet on a longshot.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding that other domain sites do not have that good a graphic interface as .mobi for these type phones.

Technically, nothing is different on server for the domain. In other words you can make a .com do the same thing as a .mobi. The only reason for the .mobi is to serve the publics' potential interest in mobile only sites that are compact and east to read with code written to fit on your cell. Again, it can be done with any tld, it's all marketing magic, no tld has any special abilities. My .com can do what my .mobi can do and my .mobi can do what my .tv does. The public may think differently but technically on the domain side there is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Hope that helps. Keep up the good work because there is not better way to learn than through your own trails and errors, success is not the only path to future success. Cheers,

Paul

Domain_Logic

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hershon,

Like yourself, I am new to this forum. You've come across as a very sensitive, defensive and somewhat immature person (from the posts that you have written). The vast majority of the people on this forum, I would guess know a great deal about the domain name business. So, instead of portraying yourself as a self-righteous foolish individual, why not take advise and maybe become a success in the domain name industry?

You can't expect everybody to write an essay on why your domain name is worthless, it is simply a poor domain name and requires one or two words. Obviously it has development potential and maybe and end user would want it, but other than that, it's worthless in the sense that it has a zero OVT score and only 300,000 results in Google.

If you look through the other posts for appraisals, everybody receives the same kind of direct response from other members (that's if they receive a response). Therefore there's absolutely no reason why you should receive special treatment. This particular thread has made you look rather silly in my opinion.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hershon, dude, If I were you, I would really just cancel my membership. Most people here wouldn't really do any business with you now, after your superb and highly entertaining outburst. Reputation in this industry is everything, and once you lose that, you're really out with very little chance to get back in.

You won't get your money back, i tried the other day and yes it's a big waste. However not because people are rude, i really don't care if people are rude to me i take it on the chin. But it's a waste because out of 60 domains i've listed here i've been ripped off, had a non-paying bidder and the rest of the domains is like watching grass grow so total revenue here for 60 domains is minus $xxx

I list the same domains elsewhere and most get snapped in under 24 hours, and not a single problem with the transaction.

lol BTW they are right, your Mobi and private reg was a waste. Throw a free script on it and sell it to someone as a turnkey site for $30 or so and move on.

the reason why you were not able to sell your names here could be because they were not of a good enough quality. Lower quality names hardly sell here, whereas they get snapped up pretty quickly elsewhere. On the other hand, list a LLL.com here and if you've priced it competitively, you can make a sale in 24 hrs, whereas it'll take you several weeks to sell it elsewhere.

Flying Dutchman

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, i am a newbie too, and i have read all the discussions about the dot
MOBI names. I know technically a dot COM can do what a dot MOBI can,
but suppose I have a very popular site named Bitches.com for instance,
would there be any reason for me to buy Bitches.mobi also?

Ron

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hershon2000 - is the 2000 portion of your username your birth year?

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
time for the token mobi'ite to chime in?

the domain has no immediate resale value... probably no future resale value either.
there is nothing wrong with making mistakes and being new and learning...
realize tho when you list something in the appraisal section you are welcoming all opinions.. (which is gonna be everything under the sun when its a .mobi domain)

my opinion is this domain sucks... but thats just my opinion, i wouldnt register it.. nothing about it appeals to me.

at the same time, dont let bullshit comments like this get you down:

"The fact that you registered a .mobi labels you a sucker easily influenced by the .mobi fanatics already stuck with a bunch of crappy .mobis."

Hershon2000

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I listed all of 1or2 names on here to sell for 1 day and I wasn't counting or even really planning to accept anything, so that's being a little premature, don't you think? How do I go about trying to get my money back? I'll be happy to do so but I honestly do not expect to be allowed too, which I accept. Again, there's nothing wrong with taking someones advice if it is advice but sorry, and understand I don't take "advice" to being, a one word response "waste" or a few word variance from one of your "Gods" here.which is not good enough for me to accept at face value even if it turns out to be right. Its when someone has the audacity for criticizing me for spending $8 on private registration for an offensively named site, am I defensive, etc. Even if the site is a "bad site" and doesn't sell, you think I want my name and address on a public record for everyone and their mother to see, etc. I'm sure you wouldn't want your name and address available to the public either. If you say that doesn't bother you, then list it here. No, I didn't think so. I'm all for learning if people know more then me but I won't put up with it being done in a condescending manner only because: 1. the person can hide in Cyberland and 2. the person think he's looking "cool" to his cronies. I joined this forum mainly because I thought I'd have people at least point me in the direction of some of my questions but instead wind up in a pissing contest, which I'll take half the responsibility for.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hershon, man. Trust me on this, the people here are great and really really helpful, if you're polite (just like in real life). If you're nice, they'll be nice, and if you're not, they won't be either

take a look at this thread: http://www.dnforum.com/f4/newbie-lots-domais-help-thread-235844.html

This was my first thread, and I was in a situation similar to yours. But I stuck around, and asked nicely. Got a ton of advice, and now I can say I know at least something about domain names, and also own a few nice ones.
So stick with it. And be nice and don't hesitate asking people for advice.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
at the same time, dont let bullshit comments like this get you down:

"The fact that you registered a .mobi labels you a sucker easily influenced by the .mobi fanatics already stuck with a bunch of crappy .mobis."

If he hadn't got caught up into all the .mobi hype generated by you and the other .mobi fanatics, he wouldn't be out anything. And then he wouldn't have ruined his reputation by creating this thread. I speak out to save gullible noobs. Unfortunately my posts were drowned out by .mobi hype.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, I can remember that thread. You've come along way sashas. You're owning 2 character names now. How one learns so fast.

Hershon, man. Trust me on this, the people here are great and really really helpful, if you're polite (just like in real life). If you're nice, they'll be nice, and if you're not, they won't be either

take a look at this thread: http://www.dnforum.com/f4/newbie-lots-domais-help-thread-235844.html

This was my first thread, and I was in a situation similar to yours. But I stuck around, and asked nicely. Got a ton of advice, and now I can say I know at least something about domain names, and also own a few nice ones.
So stick with it. And be nice and don't hesitate asking people for advice.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For $8 plus plus private registration I couldn't resist this. Did I hit the lotto or
did I just waste $15? Anyone have any auction websites they'd recommend me selling it on? Anyone interested in this?
Well, you did ask for opinions.

Plus you gave your opinion.

But to me the whole premise of registering a domain name and immediately trying to sell it is such a monumental waste of time and effort. No traffic, no revenue, just a person's opinion that this is cute and clever. The thought process of "I like it therefore others will" is not a criteria for making a good domain name.

MyBitches.mobi...think about that. Who wants to be one of "my bitches"? And who is going to be looking for something like that on a .mobi? Let alone a dot com. Snoop Dogg Pimp and Hos site might have a submenu for my bitches but he can get away with it.

Search popularity? Can't see it...in any extension.

Now on to .mobi.

You will find that an overwhelming majority of members on this forum do not like mobi, do not like mobi news, do not like reading about .mobi, do not like those who like .mobi which hurts me to the core but can NOT resist telling you how much mobi sucks, how much they hate it, it is a scam, it is not needed.

Look at this one thread and you will see the entire short life of a new extension played out right here. The misconceptions, the misinformation, the misunderstandings.

You will also see that most who do not like it have never tried it into a head to head comparison on a cell phone, not a PC, with similar sites from the same company.

In the end, not a damn person on this forum will determine or have a say in its success or failure.

If you can get your money back on this one (most registrars offer 4-5 day refund) do it.

And if you're going to be talking or dealing with .mobi, get used to the bullshit you just experienced.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If he hadn't got caught up into all the .mobi hype generated by you and the other .mobi fanatics, he wouldn't be out anything. And then he wouldn't have ruined his reputation by creating this thread. I speak out to save gullible noobs. Unfortunately my posts were drowned out by .mobi hype.

nice generalization man..
i dont hype mobi... i resell most of them starting at what i paid.

your argument is also easily and accurately applied to someone who registered a bad .COM name based on a mainstream news story about domain millionaires.

Next.

Hershon2000

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, I don't even know who this poor guy is and why are you giving him grief. I bought a few mobi names based on the limited research I did- yes you have a valid right to criticise me making a decision on limited information and it had nothing to do with him and I just felt that for $45, this was worth my while doing without researching further. If it's a waste, so what, I'm not going to lose sleep over $45. The fact is that many "proper short name words" are not available on .com domains at $15 & so, this looked appealing too me. It had nothing to do with someone hyping anything. And even if someone does hype things, the bottom line is, its up to an individual to decide what he wants to do, you shouldn't blame that poor guy. I also am trying to buy domain names with no interest in developing a site, traffic or anything, just turning it over. This may be a total fool's errand as I think you implied, & if so I'll learn by my mistakes. In regards to what you consider my "inappropriate immature response", which of course was followed in kind by some of you, a simple "this was a waste of money" even if no further explanation would have been sufficient but instead the guy felt the need to bring up the fact that I bought private registration for it. So I'm now not allowed to buy private registration for a domain if you consider the domain a waste of money. How pray tell is that relevant to anything. And again, in my opinion, anyone who doesn't register privately, is a fool.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, I don't even know who this poor guy is and why are you giving him grief. I bought a few mobi names based on the limited research I did- yes you have a valid right to criticise me making a decision on limited information and it had nothing to do with him and I just felt that for $45, this was worth my while doing without researching further. If it's a waste, so what, I'm not going to lose sleep over $45. The fact is that many "proper short name words" are not available on .com domains at $15 & so, this looked appealing too me.
That can be an issue. You are hoping your "looked appealing" to you is also appealing to someone else. Doubtful anyone will lose sleep over $45.00. But if you run it up to 10, 20, 50, or 100 without doing any research and go with the hope it looks appealing to someone else then that is a waste of time and effort and money.

This is an opportunity to learn.

I also am trying to buy domain names with no interest in developing a site, traffic or anything, just turning it over.
see above.

I'm now not allowed to buy private registration for a domain if you consider the domain a waste of money. How pray tell is that relevant to anything. And again, in my opinion, anyone who doesn't register privately, is a fool.
You can "buy" private registration. Or you can register where it is free. But when you are looking at someone like me with about 6000 domain names (a drop compared to some domainers), I can not afford to "buy" private registration.

And unquestionably, most of my sales overall and 3 of my largest sales have been private sales which would have never happened had they been private. Without the data from the WHOIS, I would have never received those offers.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You don't really get it do you?

Sheesh man...its worthless talking politely to people like you.

Don't expect to deal with me ever.
And return your mommy's credit card.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
LOL what a funny thread. Not only it's a worthless POS .mobi but the OP gets upset because the more sensible people concur it was a waste of money.

mybiotches.com is available. If you're into that sort of thing.

Greg, time to reuse that Superman avatar :D Saving the .mobi lemmings, one noob at a time :D

Hershon2000

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Again you have below average reading comprehension. The OP, me, is not upset at all people consider it a waste of money. That's their opinion and it could turn out to be right. I'm upset because someone tries to put me down for daring to buy for $7 private registration for a domain you consider a waste. How that is difficult for you to grasp I don't understand. I don't buy thousands of domains, I've just bought about 20, of which 3 were mobi. This isn't a put down of the guy who owns a lot of domains, he's doing what he thinks is right for him, but I personally would rather own say hypothetically 500 domain names with private registration then own say 1000 that did not have that, even if it costs me some sales. I don't feel comfortable making it relatively easy for anyone to get my home address, phone number, etc. But again that is just me. Maybe others of you aren't bothered by that. So for the final time, I don't take offense to someone considering my domain name a waste but to him embellishing his comments about me wasting private registration on that. I don't understand why that's so hard for you to grasp but people hear only what they want to hear.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
For such a name, I would too get a private registration; I'd be too embarrassed to see my name in the WHOIS :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators