Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Need appraisal on Guns.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

prasit

Originally posted by Tee
What matters is conversions

not typeins-----

However typeins matter to those wo think they can affect conversions..........

Not the same thing at all

I have a name that gets 10 hits a day and 3 sales a day

killer conversion that some couldn't reach with 5,000 hits a day (what a waste!!!!!)

Typeins is raw data that means nothing without conversions data - the king of data!

this is true. And if those businessmen think the same, they won't spend thousands of dollars to buy generic domain. they just name the domain anything catchy and advertise it, because there is no type-ins anyway. And that makes gotopay.com cost the same as pay.com.

T

Tee

In my opinion. and just my opinion......

Any name getting typeins naturally are names that need less work ......

and are valuable!

Lets be sensible......

and loving and flexible!

Its not all typeins--

Its ****ing conversions

how do you feel?

T

Tee

So, as a name, guns.com, must have mad conversions - meaning insane traffic.......

Great name nontheless...........

Good luck man!!

Guns.com rocks!

T

Tee

Domain market crashed because expectations were too high.....

So, are there any converting gun affiliate programs out there?

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought the name already has revenue attached to it? But perhaps another would give a higher return... your pick :)

P

President Gringo

strange how that as soon as someone mentions this guy who claims to own guns.com is a troll he stops posting. Hmmmmm.

And i noticed some people posting that "whatever".com gets xx cents a click...where do you get this info?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by President Gringo
strange how that as soon as someone mentions this guy who claims to own guns.com is a troll he stops posting. Hmmmmm.

Trolls scamper when the light gets turned on.

amazing name; would value it around $100k, are the below stats correct as they suggest around 1500 uniques a day as opposed to 4000? (only 2 days of data)

http://www.guns.com/stats/usage_200208.html

Have to agree with Don that the overture bids don't look amazing on it, so not sure that the traffic alone would make anyone rich. Though still an amazing keyword domain, and even 1500 uniques per day is massive traffic for one domain.

Originally posted by prasit
Not all generic domain names have type-ins traffice though, e.g. pay.com had only 30 type-ins per day.

That sounds off. What's your source?

Miles

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by krisblade
My last sale was HostingService.com; check the keyword "hostingservice" on Overture (10 bucks bid!!). Guns has 20 cents bid? So... my last domain was a million dollars domain?

Wow! I didn't realize how great hostingservice.com was until you mention that. Definitely worth more that the $3.5k you paid for it. Good luck. As for my valuation of guns.com, I was taking the overture bid and multiplying it by the number of type-ins. I wasn't just looking at the overture bid alone. So (using this model) a name like webhosting.com might be worth $500k+.

As for the $10 bid on overture, a little investigation will reveal that something fishy is afoot. The $10 is a max bid.
Looking at positions 1-3 for hosting service we see that the max bids are:
#1 - $10.00
#2 - $9.97
#3 - $4.00
What is actually happening is that #2 is totally screwing over #1 without him knowing it. #3 is paying $4.00 a click, #2 is paying $4.01 a click, and #1 is paying $9.98 a click!

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by dmorel

Looking at positions 1-3 for hosting service we see that the max bids are:
#1 - $10.00
#2 - $9.97
#3 - $4.00
What is actually happening is that #2 is totally screwing over #1 without him knowing it. #3 is paying $4.00 a click, #2 is paying $4.01 a click, and #1 is paying $9.98 a click!

Where do you get this info?????????????

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by krisblade
My last sale was HostingService.com; check the keyword "hostingservice" on Overture (10 bucks bid!!). Guns has 20 cents bid? So... my last domain was a million dollars domain?

Buy it back. :D

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First off I don't think its fair to post aug stats as a representative statistic. Traffic during the summer is usually down anywhere from 30-50%. That 1500 a day could easily be 2200-3000 during better months. This is also the type of domain that is season sensative. Ie hunting season, christmas gifts etc. The traffic would probably soar during those times. 4,000 clicks a day may fall within the overall averages.

As to value it seems an search page generates around 10% - 30% click through rate. If you look at 3k a day hits that means around 300 to 900 searches @.20 each. This would give a revenue range of $60-$180 daily. $1,800 to $5400 per month.

Looking at that you have anywhere from 24k to 65k a year revenue. He says 50K I accept that. Somebody posted that 4-5 years revenue for type in domains. That's from the sellers perspective. Most businesses ( and this is a business) would get 18 months to 36 months profit when selling.

Threrefore 75k to 150K. Possibly more if overall traffic is higher.

Past that point you would have to be awful determined to develop the name further.

If this isn't a BS posting but is the actual owner I know people that may be interested and can pay cash today.

email me if you're for real

[email protected]

Originally posted by gmartfin
Traffic during the summer is usually down anywhere from 30-50%. That 1500 a day could easily be 2200-3000 during better months. This is also the type of domain that is season sensative. Ie hunting season, christmas gifts etc. The traffic would probably soar during those times. 4,000 clicks a day may fall within the overall averages.

As to value it seems an search page generates around 10% - 30% click through rate. If you look at 3k a day hits that means around 300 to 900 searches @.20 each. This would give a revenue range of $60-$180 daily. $1,800 to $5400 per month.

You'd be assuming everyone clicks on the top link and that search search programs pay out 100% of revenues to affiliates. I would have guessed $10-$25/day myself.

P

prasit

Originally posted by snoopy

You'd be assuming everyone clicks on the top link and that search search programs pay out 100% of revenues to affiliates. I would have guessed $10-$25/day myself.

couldn't agree with you more. i bet you experienced it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators