Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker New Moniker's System

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Names not being removed after transfer out, that also happened before the make-over. I had them repeatedly delete entries manually.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker's screw up and inability to properly forward and propagate nameservers has absolute crushed one of my domains.

This problem/issue went on for well more than a week (perhaps 2 weeks) and totally deranked my domain after being off the google listings and pages. Perhaps 90% of traffic (in the thousands) was referral from Google.com.mx and Google.mx followed by Google.es (and other Spanish language referrals, ie .ve, .co, .ar, .pe). For the past 7 days, the total referrals from those are a grand total of ONE!

Moniker, you have literally crushed this name's ranking and have lost me hundreds of dollars per month on this one name.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, I remember when Moniker was "all the rage" back in the day...I never understood why so many domainers used them. The only time I used them was if I bought a domain name held at Moniker and would immediately transfer it out. I logged into their new system and thankfully I didn't have any domains held there...at least I don't think so..this entire story reminds me of the Register Fly debacle that the domain vets will remember, for those of you that don't...Google it.

xrvel

Hi there !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can someone please help me. This domain is on my moniker account (i bought it from someone on sedo), but somehow i can't disable its privacy (i want to transfer it out from moniker).
The whois shows the registrar is "finduaname" / snapnames, and it seems snapnames is related with netsol.
I've tried to contact netsol by email and i am waiting for its reply.
Am i doing right?

View attachment 1482
Finally my problem has been resolved after i sent an e-mail to moniker.
They disabled my whois privacy and i am transferring the rests to name.com :)

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried twice to get an auth-code for a .com domain but I got no emails so far. Anyone else got the same problem?

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@mvl yes same thing here just tried getting auth code three times nothing so far ! i am trying to get everything out. who are you moving to anyone has any good transfer deals ?

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got it. It seems that there are two ways to get your auth codes. One does work, one does not:

1. This is broken, don't use it: From the list of domains tick the checkboxes to select domains, then select 'export auth codes' from the dropdown top left, and submit.
  2. This seems to work: In the list of domains, click the domain name you want the auth code for. On the next page tick the 'advanced settings' checkbox, then scroll down and click 'request auth code via email'.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't made up my mind yet. I got names at a number of registrars, like Fabulous and GoDaddy.

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How many people still have unresolved support issues at Moniker at this point?

So far multiple phone calls, emails & 9 support tickets have failed & I have been told several times refunds were going to happen & they didn't. It's gotta be approaching 3 hours of my time wasted. Someone did supply 4 additional email contacts & one told me yesterday refunds to my account happened but they didn't happen.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Apparently I have transferred all domains away long ago, which is good because I can't seem to log in.
What a blessing.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just went and reset DNS settings on some domains; all had been changed to Moniker's own. What a headache.

To confirm and expand on a previous statement: I'm not the biggest fish in the domain ocean, but I have spent about $30,000 at Moniker over the years (it used to be my favorite registrar), and now I'm getting OUT for good. This software disaster has killed my relationship with the company - and probably the company itself.

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Earlier you could choose what to pay, when to pay and how to pay (account's credit or card). Terrible.

randomo: any suggestions where to go?

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker has been using my cash balance to pay for anything and there is no way to choose your cc as preferred method of payment again. And when I looked only my secondary card is on record and no sign of the primary.

I'll need to delete the secondary and add the primary cc as new. When will Moniker start charging things with the method of payment customers have chosen? Pain in the butt having to add money to the cash balance so often.

Last edited:

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still nothing has been resolved for me - it's unbelievable the support failure. How much do I have to take of being told "multiple times" that things are going to be resolved or have been resolved when absolutely nothing has been resolved? I'm worn down on this nonsense...

xrvel

Hi there !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm considering it. For right now, Moniker shall be "tarred and feathered" publicly for all the BS I've had to go thru. I really don't like being jerked around.
Leave the boat, it's sinking. I've moved all of my domains to other registrar :)

l1one

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I don't post often. But I feel I have too as I am pulling my hair out.

BECAUSE THE NEW MONIKER STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN!

Please scrap this piece of trash update and go back to your old format. Moniker used to be my favorite because it was simple, easy to use and FAST.

This no longer case!

I have given this new format time to evolve but it still sucks!

Going to move my domains shortly if this is not corrected to another registrar that listens to it's customer.

You guys have done a NEW COKE to your website. Yeah if you don't remember Google it.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom