Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker New Moniker's System

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
System has been down again. Tried to unlocked a domain, it says it is, but whois shows otherwise and transfer failed... then I couldn't even login.
Today it's the same thing, domain still locked, I need to renew others, and cannot even login...............

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker system update and failure to properly propagate DNS has already lost over $180.00 on ONE DOMAIN! parked at Sedo. Overall, it is a few hundred dollars lost thus far for June for all my domains that were at Moniker.

Moniker has not and has never responded to any inquiries of mine.

Moniker is finished, imo.

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They've responded with false promises of refunds "multiple" times for me (phone & email support system). I was almost going to pick up the phone again a few minutes ago but I want to keep my blood pressure down...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have icann been involved yet in this mess ?

shimmy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I reported them to the FTC for the fraudulent charges. I hope other people do so they get some fines or more.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They've responded with false promises of refunds "multiple" times for me (phone & email support system). I was almost going to pick up the phone again a few minutes ago but I want to keep my blood pressure down...

Ask them to refund the money into your account. They don't know how to refund to a credit card or Paypal.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is, the money stays there. Essentially there is NO refund since the money is deposited into your account. This helps no one if they are trying to leave moniker. No one wants to leave and look at a balance in the account. Fortunately, my account balance is $0.33.

LarryWentz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ask them to refund the money into your account. They don't know how to refund to a credit card or Paypal.

They have offered to do both in prior support conversations. Initially - credit card refund was discussed on 1st phone support call. Crediting my account was falsely promised in other "lack of support" responses. It's absurd & amazing with their ineptitude of resolving my issue & issues of others.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do the following:
1. Ask the support that you want to speak to a Manager. Don't give the support person a hard time - They are just employees and I found out out that most of them are new to Moniker.
2. Tell them that you are a member of DNForum.com (they have no idea what DNF is) and you may join to file a law suit if the problem is not resolved.
3. If nothing work then tell them you are my friend.

LarryWentz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I picked up the phone again... was put on hold 20+ minutes before I got a recorded message asking me to leave my name & # for a call back. Will they call back? I didn't swear but my message definitely had a pissed off attitude about it. Moniker once again wastes my time.

xrvel

Hi there !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can someone please help me. This domain is on my moniker account (i bought it from someone on sedo), but somehow i can't disable its privacy (i want to transfer it out from moniker).
The whois shows the registrar is "finduaname" / snapnames, and it seems snapnames is related with netsol.
I've tried to contact netsol by email and i am waiting for its reply.
Am i doing right?

Screenshot_26.png

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
privacy does not need to be disabled to take names out of moniker. some registrars do not let you take names out if it's private reg. but moniker is not one of them.

which registrar are you taking the name to? the problem may be them. some moniker domains show a weird registrar and that's happened even before their website was changed. finduaname sounds familiar as one of those companies but the domain is probably with moniker no matter what the whois says.
if you're getting the authorizing email to approve the transfer out sent to the right address(yours) then there should be no problem.

xrvel

Hi there !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
privacy does not need to be disabled to take names out of moniker. some registrars do not let you take names out if it's private reg. but moniker is not one of them.

which registrar are you taking the name to? the problem may be them. some moniker domains show a weird registrar and that's happened even before their website was changed. finduaname sounds familiar as one of those companies but the domain is probably with moniker no matter what the whois says.
if you're getting the authorizing email to approve the transfer out sent to the right address(yours) then there should be no problem.
I am transferring to Name.com. Name.com sends email confirmation to the whois e-mail (which is whois privacy email in my case).
I've tried to send e-mail to that address from my e-mail but it seems that e-mail is lost in space somehow.

In the old moniker, if i sent e-mail to whois protected e-mail, the e-mail would be forwarded automatically to my real e-mail

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am transferring to Name.com. Name.com sends email confirmation to the whois e-mail (which is whois privacy email in my case).
I've tried to send e-mail to that address from my e-mail but it seems that e-mail is lost in space somehow.

In the old moniker, if i sent e-mail to whois protected e-mail, the e-mail would be forwarded automatically to my real e-mail
jeez, problems with their new interface just keep piling up. That is a huge issue if youi cannot change the contact info to yourself.

Have you tried to physically change the contact information hopefully bypassing the "turn off privacy" issue?

xrvel

Hi there !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jeez, problems with their new interface just keep piling up. That is a huge issue if youi cannot change the contact info to yourself.

Have you tried to physically change the contact information hopefully bypassing the "turn off privacy" issue?
Yes, i've tried to create new whois contact too.
It didn't work.
Screenshot_27.png
It happens only on 1 domain which was bought from sedo.
My other domains are fine (whois privacy can be turned off).

LarryWentz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm personally amazed at this beyond belief now. I can't believe how often they failed to refund me while stating they would, the growing amount of my time wasted & their social media incompetence.

xrvel

Hi there !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very funny, yesterday i had successfully moved 3 domains from moniker to name.com, and now i can still see them in my moniker account :eek:
(the whois data shows current registrar is name.com)

Update : after few hours, they dissappeared on moniker.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators