• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Oilpride.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidi

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hello, I'm new to DNForum.
Glad to be here.

I would very much like some comments on this domain and two appraisals:

SEDO: 4.000 EUR
Afternic: 1.800 US

Quite a difference, huh?

I myself see Oilpride.com as valuable, at least if it can be pushed into oil interests. I might be wrong. Comments, please.
 
Last edited:
Hi Vidi, welcome to DNF!

I don't see any value in this name - it doesn't make sense. I'd love to see how Sedo and Afternic qualify putting those values on it (typo of OilPrice.com???).

As a quick guide to valuing a name, think to yourself, 'who will I approach to sell this name to - and why would they want to buy it'. Can you think of anyone who is proud of their oil?
 
Doesn't it? Why shouldn't nations, leaders be proud of their oil? Oil is money, oil is power.
It could be history related, certain brands, nationwide, reference and so on.

I would be proud of having oil interests. Norway is very proud of having oil interests.

I disagree, but that's me. :)
 
IMO this is proof that paid appraisals suck big time. My perceived value is between reg fee and $90
 
I agree with Varlin and the others on this one. Doesn't make much sense and I really doubt you will find someone willing to plunk down any serious cash for it.

Sorry bud.
 
No problem. Appreciate these honest views.

I'll see what happens. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom