Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed penpals.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It is a great name. However, if you have an offer over $8k take the money and run.

Domain summit 2024

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oh my god. Me and timechange don't agree on much. No offense. The search term with the com, the keyword bids, the traffic, the niche market because people WILL PAY for a list of potential penpals based on common criteria. 8k doesn't touch this.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unless dotcomgod managed to somehow pump up the overture search. But I hardly think so

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am a realist. I am not touching the 'holiness' of a domain, just its ability to sell as a name in the domain market. Sure, make a new 'match.com' and you'll be able to triple that amount as 'resale' value. But I am pretty confident that it's hard to find buyers for non-adult names that would spend that much on a whim. George mentioned $150k ? I think that timetravel exists then :D

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting the appraisals are totally meaningless at this point. They range from 3K to 150K???? This reflects the uncertainty of the secondary domain market right now. I think DNF has huge influence on this. DNF brings resellers here and also brings big buyers here too. That means the big players are now paying reseller price. The new buyers who search hard enough will find this site and get the reseller price too. That ruin the price of domain business. But, the good thing of this site is that it keeps the domain market going. When domains keep changing hand, supply and demand occurs, the market will keep going. Otherwise the market may die long ago w/ afternic & GD.

Well, back to the name, probably you can sell it to New Zealand Gov't and offer the idea Single Citizen Scheme program to fetch another $500K from them. :D

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll offer $8,001 today. ;) Somehow I doubt DCG would take that offer, as it's not even close!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators