• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Poker.com has a reserve price of $29,411,800.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe some of the crap names they accepted in this auction yet my iPokerPlayer.com was not added? Did I miss something here? CasinoPokerGameOnline.com? are you kidding me? lol

Moniker does not recognize the value of iSomething.any they recognize "e".
 
"E" is better than "I" ? ...will let X respond to that
 
Moniker does not recognize the value of iSomething.any they recognize "e".

lol Muris, I should of gotten e-poker-player.mobi and submitted it. I bet you that would have gotten accepted. I'm not bummed about, I just find some of the names the accepted in this "premium" auction to be reg fee names.

"E" is better than "I" ? ...will let X respond to that

I think the "I" works better in this case. But besides that, I wonder if Monty went through the list or did his Padawans make the executive decision as to what went in the bowl.


I hope poker.com sells for major kudos though. But I think it was "rented" for promotional purposes and is noway ever going to change hands.
 
Sure, you can be deadly serious and deadly hilarious at the same time. It's called being obtuse. The name won't sell for that price or anywhere near that price.

Nope. I bet the owner of Poker.com is deadly serious.
 
Anyone have a link so we can keep tabs on our names??? For those of us who have names listed?
 
Well, the fact that they are accepted doesn't necessary mean that they will be sold. I bet we will see alot of the regfee-ish names for sale again, after this auction is over. :)
 
some ridiculous names for ridiculous prices...
 
Anyone have a link so we can keep tabs on our names??? For those of us who have names listed?

I think they do not charge to get in this time, so you can watch, everyone can.

lol Muris, I should of gotten e-poker-player.mobi and submitted it. I bet you that would have gotten accepted. I'm not bummed about, I just find some of the names the accepted in this "premium" auction to be reg fee names.

I think the "I" works better in this case.

I just saw bunch of "E"s there and not many "I"s.

I need some more education on "I".
 
I'm glad I'm not the only one that says the majority of the names listed are mud.
 
WHO: This is a closed auction. Only attendees of Casino Affiliate Convention and non-attendees who complete the steps below can view domains and place bids in the auction.

FEE: Get bid access to the online Silent Auction for only $99 USD. This fee is not refundable, but will apply to the purchase of a domain name in this auction.

==========================================================

Guess I have to wait to see if mine sells.
 
Poker.com might have got that price one or two years ago. That little craze is winding down. Poker has jumped the shark.
 
There are a few guys in the UK that have made between $500m and $2b out of online poker - with the dollar being so weak against the pound at the moment, I wouldn't be suprised to see poker.com change hands for a world record figure in the next few weeks.
 
There are a few guys in the UK that have made between $500m and $2b out of online poker - with the dollar being so weak against the pound at the moment, I wouldn't be suprised to see poker.com change hands for a world record figure in the next few weeks.

I agree :yes:
 
There are a few guys in the UK that have made between $500m and $2b out of online poker - with the dollar being so weak against the pound at the moment, I wouldn't be suprised to see poker.com change hands for a world record figure in the next few weeks.

See, none of that really matters though. I don't think Poker.com will change hands for the same reason that Rupert Murdoch will not be able to acquire Dow Jones despite an offer of $25 above that days closing price. Owning Poker.com is owning an entire industry and "industry" domains rarely change hands especially in a gambling sector that comands gross revenues higher then some countries and you simply can not put a dollar figure on that. I expect Poker.com to do what Facebook.com did and that was to not budge so early in the game. Gambling simply has too much command for Poker.com to be barganed off at $29mil- this isn't a domain name, it's a business.
 
Why didn't they just put it on eBay? :smilewinkgrin:

The God parents of my son own a genuine collection of Egyptian artifacts worth tens of millions, they were on exhibit at the Luxor in Vegas and other places, they indicated they wanted to sell some of them, so when I asked about selling them on Ebay, everyone laughed at me.....:blush:
 
See, none of that really matters though. I don't think Poker.com will change hands for the same reason that Rupert Murdoch will not be able to acquire Dow Jones despite an offer of $25 above that days closing price. Owning Poker.com is owning an entire industry and "industry" domains rarely change hands especially in a gambling sector that comands gross revenues higher then some countries and you simply can not put a dollar figure on that. I expect Poker.com to do what Facebook.com did and that was to not budge so early in the game. Gambling simply has too much command for Poker.com to be barganed off at $29mil- this isn't a domain name, it's a business.

I'm not following this rationale. I understand how this could keep someone from selling it. But now that's already up for sale, how does this line of thinking cause someone to not buy it?
 
See, none of that really matters though. I don't think Poker.com will change hands for the same reason that Rupert Murdoch will not be able to acquire Dow Jones despite an offer of $25 above that days closing price. Owning Poker.com is owning an entire industry and "industry" domains rarely change hands especially in a gambling sector that comands gross revenues higher then some countries and you simply can not put a dollar figure on that. I expect Poker.com to do what Facebook.com did and that was to not budge so early in the game. Gambling simply has too much command for Poker.com to be barganed off at $29mil- this isn't a domain name, it's a business.

Well, it's up for sale isn't it - and there are people in that industry with 9 and 10 figures in their deposit accounts, still with a year or so to go before they have to pay capital gains tax on it.

What better time to buy it, with US online gambling at a stop, and surely that's about to get reversed in the not so distant future?

$20m would be a steal IMO for anyone fitting the profile I've mentioned. If that type of person couldn't get that back within 5 years (probably less than 3), I'd be amazed.
 
$20m would be a steal IMO for anyone fitting the profile I've mentioned. If that type of person couldn't get that back within 5 years (probably less than 3), I'd be amazed.

I just don't think there are all that many people signing up for new Poker accounts anymore. As I said before, I think Poker is on the decline. I know many people, including myself, who once played a lot of online Poker and now play very little, if any at all. In fact, I can think of 9 people I know who played on-line poker. Every one of them plays significantly less now than they used to.
 
Snapshot:

FreeBlackjack.net 1 $ 2,400.00 5 days
CasinoNews.net 1 $ 600.00 5 days
Pokertournaments.co.uk 1 $ 400.00 5 days
Pokerhands.co.uk 1 $ 400.00 5 days
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom