Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Purchasing Domain

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bathheaven

I am looking at buying a Domain that is being poorly used to complement my current site. The site has recieved 1300 visitors over the past 2 years. The value to me is it is already listed in DMOZ on a PR 7 page and Google Directory with a 5, with no other incoming links it has a PR 6.

I would be totally replacing its content with my own related content.

I have no Idea how to guess what I should be paying.

B

bathheaven

The domain I would like to purchase is listed in dmoz under Shopping: Health: Beauty , which is a perfect compliment to my products. I would be purchasing this domain to market my products to a higher end market. My domain is bathheaven.com I have been on line about 2 months and get about 1000 hits / week without a DMOZ link and only a PR of 5. With this domain I think I would be able to compete for some more valuable key words.

This site has been online for about 2 years, in this time they have only recieved 1300 hits due to extremly poor SEO. This site has a google page rank of 6 due to its link from DMOZ.org. The part of the purchase that is important to me is not the domain name but the DMOZ link and the google directory link.

I would like to make an offer on the site but don't know how much to offer.

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The page you refer to on DMOZ has a PageRank of 7 and contains dozens of links to other sites. I suggest that the website you are thinking of buying hasn't got a PageRank of 6 purely because of their DMOZ/Google Directory link.

If you buy the address and change the site will the existing set of links that point into the site remain in place, or will the owners remove their links? Is there any risk that the DMOZ editor for Shopping: Health: Beauty delist your site when they discover that it has different content?

Have you tried starting up a website in this category and getting it listed, and have you tried getting your main website listed in this category? If it is relevant and the DMOZ editor is reasonable you should expect to get it listed.

If you pay $299 to Yahoo to get your main website listed that will increase your pagerank... maybe up from 5 to 6.

All of these strategies have costs that you can weigh up against the purchase price of the domain that is already listed in DMOZ.

added > if you want to PM me with the website address I will do some more research if you want.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
WHAT is the DOMAIN NAME???

Can't appraise what we don't know .... C'mon.
Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators