Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Register . host question

Status
Not open for further replies.

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
About 2 months ago I signed up for hosting somewhwere and they throw in a domain for $3.

I went to whois and I do own it, but on their control panel there is no forwarding , ns server info.

they are a reseller of tucows

I have canelled my hosting account and emailed them many times regarding who is my actual register and I want to have that info along with login and pass
so i can park over at sedo once the hosting is over.

they are not responding...is it possible I do not own this and I know you cant change registers within 60 days wondering if I cancel hosting within 60 days is I loose all rights to it.

The company is flashlevel hosting

any help would be great.

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the whois shows your info, and the 60 days period is over, just go to your favourite regsitrar and ask to transfer that domain.They will send an email to the address listed as "owner", and if it's you, all you have to do is to accept te transfer.
Good Luck.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IT Web Team said:
If the whois shows your info, and the 60 days period is over, just go to your favourite regsitrar and ask to transfer that domain.They will send an email to the address listed as "owner", and if it's you, all you have to do is to accept te transfer.
Good Luck.

As long as the domain is not "locked" or need an authorisation code (.org, .info etc) or TOS do not require any special transfer arrangments.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are lucky because Tucows is one of the most transfer-friendly registrars out there. Just make sure your $3 domain deal is NOT attached to your hosting plan (i.e. you have to host with them or pay extra fee), and you can transfer it out to other registrar. Better still, transfer it to ANOTHER Tucows reseller, which usually is INSTANT; and they can help you with Tucow-specific issues.

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
You are lucky because Tucows is one of the most transfer-friendly registrars out there. Just make sure your $3 domain deal is NOT attached to your hosting plan (i.e. you have to host with them or pay extra fee), and you can transfer it out to other registrar. Better still, transfer it to ANOTHER Tucows reseller, which usually is INSTANT; and they can help you with Tucow-specific issues.

Just got their reply as:

We have already noted to cancel your account for no further re-bill. The domain name is yours, however you cannot manage or change any information in it on your own.

If there is any contact or technical information you need to change we would do it for you.

What does this mean,, I dont really own it right?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like they are not the worst kind of resellers. First, you'll need to check if the domain is "locked" or not. Go to http://www.opensrs.org/cgi-bin/whois.cgi to see if the domain status is "ACTIVE" (and not "REGISTRAR-LOCK"). I would then recommend going to another Tucows reseller like EV1Networks.net and initiate a transfer from there. If your Administrative Contact E-mail is valid, you should be getting a confirmation e-mail from them to acknowledge. Most Tucows resellers okay within-Tucows transfer instantly.

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
Looks like they are not the worst kind of resellers. First, you'll need to check if the domain is "locked" or not. Go to http://www.opensrs.org/cgi-bin/whois.cgi to see if the domain status is "ACTIVE" (and not "REGISTRAR-LOCK"). I would then recommend going to another Tucows reseller like EV1Networks.net and initiate a transfer from there. If your Administrative Contact E-mail is valid, you should be getting a confirmation e-mail from them to acknowledge. Most Tucows resellers okay within-Tucows transfer instantly.

methods said:
ok thanks again...

forgot to ask you something..

the whois does say active in my name and from tucows, but this domain is only like 40 days old, so does the 60 day rule apply here if i go to another tucows
reseller, because its not actually changing registers, or is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators