Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Roundtable or T.R.A.F.F.I.C. (or neither)?

Which domain conference will you be attending?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brando said:
Could you further elaborate on your definition of "full-timer" and "part-timer"? Thanks.

I have no definition. That is for each individual to decide.....not me. I would not exclude anyone from coming to TRAFFIC WEST that was a part timer. On the other hand I would do nothing to cater to him/her coming or even encourage him to come. (Like holding the event on a weekend)

I will say THIS.......if you want to go from a part timer to a full timer.... then you have to work hard, dig deep, not listen to the BS.....and go out of your way to attend either event.

Domain Summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's alright, I have better things to do on a weekend.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that the two conferences are directed at two different audiences, with some overlap among "domainers". TRAFFIC would seem more interesting from a business end of things while Domain Rountable would seem good for policy wonks - sort of an ICANN meeting without ICANN. Actually, taking ICANN out of the ICANN meetings would be a great thing to do.

That said, I think the Luxembourg ICANN meeting in July will have some particularly interesting things coming out of it.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems to me that Domain RoundTable should return the "favor" and schedule their next conference during Traffic 2005 in October ...

Well ok, perhaps not, since that would show a real lack of ethics like TRAFFIC has already shown... so what's the solution?...

Simple ... DNForum should work with Domain RoundTable; perhaps rename it something new and really go with it ...

As of now it appears Domain RoundTable and TRAFFIC West *combined* will only have about 400 ... if there was cooperation and better organization, a conference of 1000+ could easily be doable now. End of rant.

I'm personally still considering Domain RoundTable, but am leery of attending a conference in which some scheduled speakers are likely to miss it (Las Vegas and Seattle aren't exactly that close); haven't fully committed; bail out at the last moment.

I've attended various adult related conferences, and while there's competition between some of them, at there appears to be much more cooperation.

To reiterate, I personally feel DNForum has a great opportunity to take the best of the current crop of conferences and work with one or both of them to create a new larger, quality conference series truly worth attending.

Ron

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
some scheduled speakers are likely to miss it (Las Vegas and Seattle aren't exactly that close); haven't fully committed;

If you have any idea how cheap I am personally, then you'd know this means committment:

Passenger(s):
BERRYHILL/JOHN 526-2754809198-5

KEUKELAAR/MARIJO 526-2754809199-6

Itinerary:
Thursday, May 26 - LAS VEGAS NV(LAS) to SEATTLE TACOMA WA(SEA)
Flight 1664 Y
Depart LAS VEGAS NV(LAS) at 06:35PM and
Arrive in SEATTLE TACOMA WA(SEA) at 09:55PM

***************************** COST *****************************
Total for 2 Passenger(s)
AIR: ........................$327.44
TAX: ........................$37.36
PFC FEE: ....................$9.00
SECURITY FEE: ...............$5.00

[...]

Total Payments: $378.80
************************ FARES RULE(S) *************************
VALID ONLY ON SOUTHWEST AIRLINES

All travel involving funds from this Confirm no. must be
completed by 04/23/06
Any change to this itinerary may result in a fare increase.

Since our flight out is to LAS, and our flight back is from SEA, if we don't make both, then we can't get home again. I believe Ari has similar arrangements.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
PFC FEE: ....................$9.00

Thought that said PPC fee at first. Was going to say - wow, nice click!

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
valuenames said:
Seems to me that Domain RoundTable should return the "favor" and schedule their next conference during Traffic 2005 in October ...

Well ok, perhaps not, since that would show a real lack of ethics like TRAFFIC has already shown... so what's the solution?...Ron

You take a position with no regard for the FACTS.

Let me set the record straight not that it even matters to folks that have their minds made up and invent things as they go.

We started working on TRAFFIC WEST for May 2005 in OCTOBER 2004 and I can prove it. Now show me one shred of evidence that Seattle was conceived FIRST and I KNEW about it!!!!! You can't because it is IMPOSSIBLE.

Was Jay at TRAFFIC 2004 just to copy our show? If he did, do you think he told me about this in OCTOBER???

So stop spreading MISINFORMATION when you don't have a CLUE what you are talking about.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
It seems to me that the two conferences are directed at two different audiences, with some overlap among "domainers". TRAFFIC would seem more interesting from a business end of things while Domain Rountable would seem good for policy wonks - sort of an ICANN meeting without ICANN. Actually, taking ICANN out of the ICANN meetings would be a great thing to do.

That said, I think the Luxembourg ICANN meeting in July will have some particularly interesting things coming out of it.

John ...how dare you throw facts out into the discussions, it ruins the BS that some are trying to spew.

I agree that the conferences each have a different focus. Domainers should choose which better suites their needs, and attend occordingly.

Shaun

My favorite; I'm not going to either, but if I was, I'd go to ...

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
valuenames said:
Well ok, perhaps not, since that would show a real lack of ethics like TRAFFIC has already shown... so what's the solution?...
Ron

Lack of Ethics.... You have to be kidding me :laugh: TRAFFIC has already proven to be the real deal.

M

mole

Was this really necessary??? Why do we even need to posture and suggest Jay was a copycat ??????
http://wadnd.us/images/jw.jpg

Name Intelligence officially starrted promoting the date of their event sometime Feb 10 this year on their website at whois.sc. This was way before there was even a public squeek that the May Vegas Traffic event would be held, the public drums for the Traffic event were beating October all this time, not a squeek of any other conference in May.
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=81590&highlight=Domain+Roundtable

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick Schwartz said:
You take a position with no regard for the FACTS...

Speaking of the facts, another poster brought up again how quiet you have been regarding the VOYUER.COM UDRP

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=92097

Speaks volume about ethics, or more aptly the lack of? The VOYUER.COM UDRP sure has many folks, including myself, wondering what to believe from you...

Ron

ClassicNames.com said:
Lack of Ethics.... You have to be kidding me :laugh: TRAFFIC has already proven to be the real deal.

TRAFFIC may be worthwhile for many folks, but that still doesn't address the potential ethical issues some key folk(s) in TRAFFIC seem to have.

Ron

mole said:
...the public drums for the Traffic event were beating October all this time, not a squeek of any other conference in May...

Bingo!

And further it seems strange that TRAFFIC, being relatively new and still working out the kinks, would suddenly so soon go from one conference to two conferences in the same year - something doesn't jibe - hopefully next year there will be cooperation to avoid such overlaps.

Ron

Just did some poking around and it certainly appears TRAFFIC West was quickly added into the TRAFFIC promotional website ... but that's just my opinion ... here's something I found that really has me scratching my head ... TRAFFIC back in October of 2004 already had set dates for October 2005 (like no kidding) AND October 2006 in San Francisco - absolutely NO mention of May shows at all ... so let's see TRAFFIC plans and announces shows nearly 2 YEARS in advance, emphasizing they are in October, after TRAFFIC 2004 and yet then TRAFFIC suddenly adds a show in May ...

http://web.archive.org/web/20041114012812/targetedtraffic.com/register.html

* note that images shown may be newer than the archive if one has visited the TRAFFIC site recently due to browser caching.

I'm sure there's more folks can find, or more aptly not find ... but I'll leave that exercise to the reader; to draw their own conclusions.

Ron

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
valuenames said:
Speaking of the facts, another poster brought up again how quiet you have been regarding the VOYUER.COM UDRP

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=92097

Speaks volume about ethics, or more aptly the lack of? The VOYUER.COM UDRP sure has many folks, including myself, wondering what to believe from you...

Ron

TRAFFIC may be worthwhile for many folks, but that still doesn't address the potential ethical issues some key folk(s) in TRAFFIC seem to have.

Ron

Bingo!

And further it seems strange that TRAFFIC, being relatively new and still working out the kinks, would suddenly so soon go from one conference to two conferences in the same year - something doesn't jibe - hopefully next year there will be cooperation to avoid such overlaps.

Ron

Just did some poking around and it certainly appears TRAFFIC West was quickly added into the TRAFFIC promotional website ... but that's just my opinion ... here's something I found that really has me scratching my head ... TRAFFIC back in October of 2004 already had set dates for October 2005 (like no kidding) AND October 2006 in San Francisco - absolutely NO mention of May shows at all ... so let's see TRAFFIC plans and announces shows nearly 2 YEARS in advance, emphasizing they are in October, after TRAFFIC 2004 and yet then TRAFFIC suddenly adds a show in May ...

http://web.archive.org/web/20041114012812/targetedtraffic.com/register.html

* note that images shown may be newer than the archive if one has visited the TRAFFIC site recently due to browser caching.

I'm sure there's more folks can find, or more aptly not find ... but I'll leave that exercise to the reader; to draw their own conclusions.

Ron

You prove again that your posts are personal.

You bring Voyeur.com into this. Okay....do you know who told Slavik of the win?? ME!! In PERSON! I was in San Fran on vacation and attending ad-tech.

For the next thing....are YOU interested in FACTS?? Or do YOU have an AGENDA?

As I said earlier I can PROVE when TRAFFIC WEST was hatched. It was MONTHS before February.

So keep trying to SPREAD TRASH but it PROVES many things to the OBJECTIVE reader.

M

mole

Back off guys, the facts speak for themselves. Fair play is all everyone wants.

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Was this really necessary??? Why do we even need to posture and suggest Jay was a copycat ??????
http://wadnd.us/images/jw.jpg

Name Intelligence officially starrted promoting the date of their event sometime Feb 10 this year on their website at whois.sc. This was way before there was even a public squeek that the May Vegas Traffic event would be held, the public drums for the Traffic event were beating October all this time, not a squeek of any other conference in May.
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=81590&highlight=Domain+Roundtable

If the SHOE FITS!!! TRAFFIC WEST was copied by Jay and there is NO QUESTION about that. But I have never made a public issue about it. Just you folks.

Again, I have PROOF of TRAFFIC WEST being planned in OCTOBER. Howard has PROOF and a third party has PROOF.

Show me one bit of proof of the Seattle show before 2005.
Show me one bit of proof that Seattle was happening BEFORE attending TRAFFIC 2004.
Show me one bit of proof that I knew about it before January or February.

Show me just ONE!!! If you can't.....then stop spreading MISINFORMATION simply because you don't like ME. All anyone has to do is see your HISTORY of nasty KKK references aimed at ME by YOU in your previous posts to make your words WORTHLESS.

You are all so predictable and transparent in your attempts to promote one show at the expense of another. Sorry things are so bad that pissing is the only way to draw attention to an event.

M

mole

Rick Schwartz said:
All anyone has to do is see your HISTORY of nasty KKK references aimed at ME by YOU in your previous posts to make your words WORTHLESS.

Okay, I was WRONG and I APOLOGISE! Saddam was a better FIT! :-D

basscaster

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rick Schwartz said:
Again, I have PROOF of TRAFFIC WEST being planned in OCTOBER. Howard has PROOF and a third party has PROOF.

Rick, in light of the accusations against the other event organizers, it would be fair to show your proof of the West event planning back in October.

It will also put this discussion to rest once and for all, and everyone will hopefully begin to move forward. Thanks for your willingness to address this.

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brando said:
Rick, in light of the accusations against the other event organizers, it would be fair to show your proof of the West event planning back in October.

It will also put this discussion to rest once and for all, and everyone will hopefully begin to move forward. Thanks for your willingness to address this.

First of all it was not me that raised accuasations....READ th thread. I simply responded to a BARRAGE of accusations and misinformation.

Be happy to supply my proof....once The other event ESTABLISHES THEIR PROOF that their show was planned before attending TRAFFIC 2004.

Time to for THEM to PUT UP.....OR SHUT UP.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I, for one, have no trouble believing that a possible spring show may have been discussed last October. The only TRAFFIC show announced and promoted last October (and November and December and January and February prior to 2/10) was the one this October. It really does not concern me whether anyone can prove that there was a discussion of a May show in October. Even if there was, the decision to schedule a show in direct conflict with another show created this mess. There are plenty of hotels west of the Mississippi that would have been happy to schedule this show on another weekend.

As others have mentioned, the Domain Roundtable conference is really quite different than the TRAFFIC conference. It does not look to me like Jay copied it at all. Quite likely he was inspired by it and saw a chance to improve on it in his mind by broadening the scope. That could be taken as a complement.

Rick Schwartz said:
We started working on TRAFFIC WEST for May 2005 in OCTOBER 2004 and I can prove it. Now show me one shred of evidence that Seattle was conceived FIRST and I KNEW about it!!!!! You can't because it is IMPOSSIBLE.

Was Jay at TRAFFIC 2004 just to copy our show? If he did, do you think he told me about this in OCTOBER???

basscaster

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No problem here, just thought it might put this whole thing to rest without dragging it out any longer.

I hope both shows are a success -thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom