Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Roundtable or T.R.A.F.F.I.C. (or neither)?

Which domain conference will you be attending?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My apologies to you, healingsites. We did get sidetracked (that was just in there, as you said, to speak to ethics and character, and about "insisting on PROOF", when he won't answer to many outstanding questions of his own).

Fact remains, it's unfair to have called Domain Roundtable some copycat -- Jay, a paying advertiser here, deserves better than that, and I feel he's owed an apology.

M

mole

shepherd2 said:
And for the other scums, you know who you are. You were never worth my time replying to you and you still are not.
Rick, Howard, take a step back. You are discussing things with the lowest kind of worms god ever put on earth. Why??
See you back on our board. I feel dirty in this place.

Be careful, herd. When I retracted the term KKK, I meant it. Please don't prove me wrong.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
neither. This whole deal is turning into a cesspool of hate, and in non-constructive. Altough I would like to see an awnser the the question about that UDRP too. And I think both have a good thing going, but to fight each other, and name calling, I see ne reason to be a part of it.

----- Added ----

I have to add that if Rick and the rest of the members could hold off their personal attacts then these conferences would hold a lot bigger meaning.

Maybe next year I'll be able to go to one or the other. I'm not against these conferences, I'm just against the name calling.

Domnom

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks-

I hadn't logged in here to see how the poll was going, but, wow, it sure has been a popular thread...

I saw someone post that this thread has turned them off on going to either conference, and that's too bad.

Both the Seattle Domain Roundtable Conference the Vegas conference are being done to bring our great industry and marketplace into the forefront.

I appreciate the positive support we get here on DNForum and from the larger domain community, and we have been receiving a lot of amazing panelists, speakers, and sponsors as a result of our hard work and community efforts.

I would like to request that people please not speak unfavorably in this thread of Rick or Howard (well, Jay or I for that matter), or the 'board' participants.

I would hate to hear of more people that got turned off from going to either conference because this thread deteriorated, and I'd really like to believe that everyone is doing what they feel is good for growing the integrity of the industry, just like we at the Domain Roundtable are.

Two great conferences to highlight the domain industry. That's good stuff!

I would encourage folks who have not yet selected between the two to visit the Seattle Domain Roundtable Conference website and come attend in person.

-Jothan

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sorry I cannot attend either. I was hoping for a free ticket from Sedo (thought my suggestions were rather good), but this year I will settle for spending time with my family, celebrating my son's 1st birthday, and my own 29th birthday that week.

P.S. As the thread originator, may I please request that comments in this thread be kept civil, and on-topic to the discussion of the objective pros and cons of the two parallel conferences. While I understand that there is history at play of which I am unaware, please do not sour these two worthwhile events by unnecessary name calling and accusations. Thanks!

Domnom

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:)

-Jothan

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The two conference preview articles I mentioned earlier in this thread have now been published at www.DNJournal.com as our first ever Twin Cover Story :) .

Thanks to Rick, Jothan and Jay who gave up a good deal of their time (when they had little to spare) to do the interviews that produced these two articles.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still think it is "too funny" that some of the biggest sh!t disturbers in this, and many threads about the conferences, are NOT GOING TO EITHER. After all these months of notice, they offer stories such as "on vacation", "family committments", or "business obligations" and all sorts of other BS.

My hats off for those that are actually going to either conference. To the rest of those that throw arrows... step up or shut up!

Shaun

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aactive said:
I still think it is "too funny" that some of the biggest sh!t disturbers in this, and many threads about the conferences, are NOT GOING TO EITHER. After all these months of notice, they offer stories such as "on vacation", "family committments", or "business obligations" and all sorts of other BS.

My hats off for those that are actually going to either conference. To the rest of those that throw arrows... step up or shut up!

Shaun

I agree with that.

-=DCG=-

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If someone was going to one conference or the other, then they might be criticized for being biased for going to one and not the other. Folks shouldn't be censored for stating facts, just because they might be unable to attend.

The organizers of TRAFFIC said that Domain Roundtable was a copycat event (see prior posts in this thread). I pointed out there was a domain conference in 2002, and thus the concept was not novel. DNJournal's article shows that Domain Roundtable is based on ICANN-style meetings, with multiple-tracks, etc. (that's how a lot of finance conferences are organized, too). Others raised various concerns, too.

Folks criticize other domain policies that are decided at ICANN meetings (e.g. WLS, SiteFinder, etc.), but don't attend the meetings (nor are they formally represented in ICANN constituencies). By the above logic, I should never have made the anti-SiteFinder petition (which was mentioned in one of the ICANN reports, even), as I'm a "nothing" in the process.

As long as they're contributing facts to the discussion, I can't see why a reasonable person would want to stifle them or "shut them up".

The organizers of TRAFFIC still haven't retracted their allegations that Domain Roundtable is a copycat, even though they've had a couple of days to 1) see that there was a conference in 2002, 2) read DNJournal's article showing it was modeled on entirely other events.

Educated observers can clearly decide for themselves, once they know ALL the facts, and aren't shouted down by those who want them to "shut up". They can differentiate between those that are "pounding on the facts", versus "pounding on the table".

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
George,

clearly looking at this thread, nobody has been censored here.

-=DCG=-

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right, Adam, and I respect that (it was the call for people to "shut up", that I found disturbing).

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aactive said:

Shaun

The above is very strongly worded, and I can't say I agree with it.

DNF is a DISCUSSION FORUM, and is open to all members/ participants. I can't see why anyone should be silenced because they can't attend a particular meeting.

Facts and logic are excellent weapons against opposing positions --not calls to "shut up."

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
In December of last year, tassos, seeker and I held our Domain Greekfest 2004 in Athens, Greece - over club sandwiches, coke and fries (tassos & seeker chainsmoked). In a matter of 2 hours, $10k+ worth of domains changed hands. Tassos had double-parked an H2 at the corner of a busy intersection. It was the longest period I had spoken my mother tongue in years. Seeker's new year's resolutions included to better manage his thousands of domains. Looking forward to Domain Greekfest 2005! :-D

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>Which domain conference will you be attending?

Neither, I get all the domain info/sales/networking I need from Dnforum and other websites...

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
E-Promote said:
>Which domain conference will you be attending?

Neither, I get all the domain info/sales/networking I need from Dnforum and other websites...

I get all my info from George. :approve:

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Daddy and George .. which conference are you going to?

Shaun

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
In December of last year, tassos, seeker and I held our Domain Greekfest 2004 in Athens, Greece - over club sandwiches, coke and fries (tassos & seeker chainsmoked). In a matter of 2 hours, $10k+ worth of domains changed hands. Tassos had double-parked an H2 at the corner of a busy intersection. It was the longest period I had spoken my mother tongue in years. Seeker's new year's resolutions included to better manage his thousands of domains. Looking forward to Domain Greekfest 2005! :-D

Sounds cool - does not being Greek exclude me? :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators