Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

legal Seller: James2002 backed out of the committed deal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donanld, everyone tries to save.. bargain or negotiate whatever you wanna call it, part of the business game, however backing out isn't fair business practice or is it in your books?

why would it be fair in my books if thats what happened. you do not have a clear case here of a seller backing out of an arranged deal. you have a breakdown of the negotiation process and nothing more by the looks of it.

Soofi

First Come First Serve .iN & .ORG Backorders
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If this is waste of time, why dont you HONOR a commitment chinese fella!!

You also went ahead and stated that most of the DNFORUMRES RUN AWAY AFTER COMMITTING TO A DEAL.. so stop trying to make your self look goody 2 shoe type!!

IF YOU ARE A MAN ENOUGH OF YOUR WORDS, SHOULD HAVE HONORED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

That was exactly what I said. He would not solve this in private. He just threatened me again and again.

I advised to solve this through moderators and not to make public. But he didn't agree and start this thread.

If I have to start such threads , I would have to start multiple threads when the sellers fail to keep promises and I would also have wasted many hours of my valuable time.

I hate this kind of threads and don't actually see the point. Just waste of time.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
While you two are bickering, I am beating you at Namejet auctions :D

Soofi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BREAKDOWN? I dont see it as breakdown, these are pm's by pm's that have been posted in proper order.. ask for screenshots and I will furnish that as well to clear it up for you!!

why would it be fair in my books if thats what happened. you do not have a clear case here of a seller backing out of an arranged deal. you have a breakdown of the negotiation process and nothing more by the looks of it.

While you two are bickering, I am beating you at Namejet auctions :D

Theo, that's exactly what I was expecting from you lol :p NJ doesnt accept paypal, so no business for them!

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I offer some money as compensation but he refused saying his reputation would be ruined if he could not get the domain.

I could not understand it. Domain deals fall through all the time and 3 escrow xx,xxx range transactions fell through just recently when I was the seller.

Coldforce

Coldforce.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hm checking what is said in this thread and what is written in forum rules etc, ill have to admit that im more on jay´s side...Imo the best option is to do what Acro points at, to somehow discuss something that both parties are satisfied with, even if i have to admit that the name should be loudbeats according to rules and based on facts, imo there are no good a good deal here on dnf without having two satisfied parties......

Soofi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Never rejected, but countered once and after that he messaged saying "$10k firm with buyer paying fee" and I said sold!

Here's a question - was the sellers $10K offer ever rejected or countered by the buyer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james2002

My last price $10,000

Valid for 24 hours

Buyer pays the escrow fees.

I responded, as I was annoyed with the "24 hour validity period", however didnt rejected his standing offer. Instead asked for him permission to pursue this further:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudbeats.com

Sorry buddy I dont work on "valid for 24 hours" stints. As I had informed you earlier, I have a client who is interested in your domain at a reasonable price.

Now whoever is going to spend around $10k will need time to consider his/her options. So, if your 24 hr period aint over yet, I can go ahead and speak to my client about it and we can get it over and done with, at a mutually agreed price.

Let me know your thoughts asap, so that I can pursue this further if you wish!

Thanks, Jay
Also sent this pm in the meantime, still within 24 hour timeframe and asking him if he will accept this price (Please keep in mind that I didnt reject his bin price, instead was just inquiring if he will take this offer):

Quote:

James, I have client with me.. want to take $8k and wrap it up through escrow?

Let me know please. Thanks
He turns back and repeats the same thing:

Quote:

$10,000 is my lowest price
Buyer pays fees

Thanks
And I responded:

Quote:

All right sold @ $10k. can we do this via moniker escrow?

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I said my last offer was countered by him for 8000. I just repeated what I said in previous PM to point out his missed what I clearly stated as "last offer" and wasted my time by counter offering.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quote:

My last price $10,000

Valid for 24 hours

Buyer pays the escrow fees.
I responded, as I was annoyed with the "24 hour validity period", however didnt rejected his standing offer. Instead asked for him permission to pursue this further:

Quote:

Sorry buddy I dont work on "valid for 24 hours" stints. As I had informed you earlier, I have a client who is interested in your domain at a reasonable price.

Now whoever is going to spend around $10k will need time to consider his/her options. So, if your 24 hr period aint over yet, I can go ahead and speak to my client about it and we can get it over and done with, at a mutually agreed price.

Let me know your thoughts asap, so that I can pursue this further if you wish!

Thanks, Jay
Also sent this pm in the meantime, still within 24 hour timeframe and asking him if he will accept this price (Please keep in mind that I didnt reject his bin price, instead was just inquiring if he will take this offer):

Quote:

He turns back and repeats the same thing:
[/quote]

He offered to sell for 10K and you countered with 8K - that's a rejection of the offer. Even though you later recanted and accepted the 10K, if he had another deal going on then he was under no obligation to sell it to you.

Soofi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He offered to sell for 10K and you countered with 8K - that's a rejection of the offer. Even though you later recanted and accepted the 10K, if he had another deal going on then he was under no obligation to sell it to you.

And you dont see his second pm with the same offer again??

OH WELL THANKS FOR CLEARING IT UP DRAGGAR, AND MAKING IT LOOK LIKE A PLACE WHERE BUSINESS IS ACTUALLY DONE LIKE THAT..

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The moment you came back and offered him less than $10k for the domain, in my opinion he is at his right to sell it to someone else for $10k or higher if they offered that before you came back with "sold at $10k". If he didn't get that in before you put forth $10k, then it would be more of a gray area and it's honestly a toss-up as to who's right and who's wrong. I think buyers are naive to think that sellers are only negotiating with them, especially when it comes to 5+ figure domains. This is why if someone gives you a reasonable asking price, you should TAKE IT. If you accepted his initial $10k BIN, he would have absolutely no room to come back and say "oops, I'm going to sell it to someone for $14k, sorry". Even still, if he were to make it clear he's negotiating with other parties and one of them offers $10k or more before you do, then he has a right to sell to them first.

Unfortunately sometimes things can happen quickly...I had one case where I had a name posted for sale, and had 2 "sold"s within a minute of each other but the first one through PM, and nothing I could say could please the 2nd bidder, who posted sold in the forum post before I had a chance to update it. 1st bidder however is entitled to the name, as should be the case with this domain if that other buyer offered the $14k first. If not, then on the basis of you trying to undercut his BIN price again, his BIN should no longer be binding only to you because you rejected it.

Simply put, buy at the BIN if you really want a name and can pay the price. I am dealing in negotiations with a couple of people over one of my names, and one of them is about to win it over the other because the other has been trying to nickel and dime the price down. He's going to miss an opportunity because of that, as I'm drastically underselling the name to get it moved.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your PM said you (or your client) didn't want ot pay 10K for the domain - he just reiterated the lowest he would go.

You rejected it initially so if someone else made a 10K offer then he was in his right to accept it.

Soofi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BAD BUSINESSMAN IS WHAT HE IS!! and Ed aka Draggar supporting him, I fail to understand, just cuz I "supposedly rejected his first 10k offer & took second $10k offer"????

This is actually insulting that you follow and abide by every rule while doing business, but some random comes & backs out of deal after offering a sale price and mods support

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're lucky James was even willing to negotiate as much as he did.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BAD BUSINESSMAN IS WHAT HE IS!! and Ed aka Draggar supporting him, I fail to understand, just cuz I "supposedly rejected his first 10k offer & took second $10k offer"????

This is actually insulting that you follow and abide by every rule while doing business, but some random comes & backs out of deal after offering a sale price and mods support

Supposedly rejected the offer?

If that (the counter offer) isn't rejecting his 10K offer then what is?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
For the most crucial pint of the story is timing.

At what time/date did you ( loudbeats.com ) reply sold at $10k and did his higher offer come after that?

Now if you replied AFTER he accepted the better offer...

While he could have informed you it was first come first serve I do not think less of him for taking an offer before hearing back from you again. Here is why, what if you never replied? Leaving things open ended is VERY dangerous and can lead to issues, that is why his 24HR time frame would have been best, just extend it to more as a buyer if you can and lock up a time frame, like real estate.

This is just the way I see it, and I don't believe we've gotten an answer yet.

Jay, When the seller replied back and said 10K is the lowest he would go, he has every right to entertain other offers until he hears back from you... Just my opinion.

Soofi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Supposedly rejected the offer?

If that (the counter offer) isn't rejecting his 10K offer then what is?

Yes, its called inquiring if he will accept that price... not rejecting cuz I never stated in the pm that we are not paying that price or that price is too high..

Please read carefully, I understand that much english as well!!

Jay, When the seller replied back and said 10K is the lowest he would go, he has every right to entertain other offers until he hears back from you... Just my opinion.

Raider, I responded within seconds.. hardly a minute I down I would say, so I doubt he would have received any other offers within that minute plus he never mentioned through out our conversation that he was talking to another interested party!!

oh well lesson learnt, do as you please!!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Raider, I responded within seconds.. hardly a minute I down I would say, so I doubt he would have received any other offers within that minute plus he never mentioned through out our conversation that he was talking to another interested party!!

OK.... After you agree to the 10K, how long after until you received a reply back?

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Loudbeats

the escrow service offer link in your signature is really a strange underlying note.
isn't this situation why people use brokers?

it looks like this thread is created to corerce James2002 to selling u the domain.

Is this somethign that can happen on dnforum? Is this something we want to see happen at dnforum?

Yes get moddys involved but naming and shaming is done.

Not sure what action u think will happen form here on out.

I will say that lowballing people has its costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom