Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

legal Seller: James2002 backed out of the committed deal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I added "make love not war" :D Guys, you need to cool it off. Day #2 seems like a fight over each other's lost territory. We already have Thomas (GUA) in another thread talking about it.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when you get involved in other members issues, most times you only get one side first, then later you get to read the other side

as the seller, James2002 may never have had another buyer on the line, he could have just been using that and the "24hr" period as a pressure selling tactic. i'm not disputing his claim, just saying it's possible

loudbeats, sent me this issue, (i didn't get a pm from James2002) and from how he (loudbeats) described it in the pm, James2002 should have honored the deal.

i told him he could post here if he couldn't get it resolved, but imo, that he should be glad that james2002 backed out of the deal. that's $10k you just saved!

different viewpoints come out in public and without consecutive "time stamped" pm's to act as a trail, it gets shady.

even if we had transcripts, the forum can't force anyone to complete deals, you as the "seller or buyer" have to force yourselves to be and act professional.

one should endeavor to conduct business in such a way, that it enhances not only your credibility, but adds to the overall success of the forum.

as Obama would say...."This is a Teachable Moment"

both of you should just move on and others should be taking notes!

imo...

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Loudbeats, had you told your buyer a different price and was trying to make yourself a bigger margin by squeezing the buy-in price? Maybe you told your buyer that you'd got the name and your shenanigans lost the deal, now you've got to tell your guy you don't have the name?

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[/B]I don't know about you, but I have earned some reputation in and around domaining forums ever since I started in early 2007. With about 160 trader ratings on Namepros & quite a handful here on DNF...[/B]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Soofi

First Come First Serve .iN & .ORG Backorders
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...."This is a Teachable Moment"

It definitely is, and I think I have learnt my lesson.

Maybe, do as you please is the best way to go on here Biggie! :)

Loudbeats, had you told your buyer a different price and was trying to make yourself a bigger margin by squeezing the buy-in price? Maybe you told your buyer that you'd got the name and your shenanigans lost the deal, now you've got to tell your guy you don't have the name?

I might have been making shit loads for myself out of this deal or not, could be anything but I was quite clear about what I was doing here & doesn't really matter though.. you point is?

We are a development firm, and secure domains for end users as well at times.. so this client wanted a name & I had posted it in wanted section.. when I received his names, I made it clear that it was for a client, so he got nothing on me for that matter!!

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Obviously the deal isn't going to happen and bickering will not help resolve it. The longer its dragged out the more salt is being poured into the wound.

It did happen so move on.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If people did business face to face, there is less chance of one party screwing the other. Seems to have much to do about honor.

The internet almost removes all honor as it is so impersonal.

Last week, I sold two kayaks to two different people and a camper.

No one sent me a deposit. I told each person on the phone that the item was theirs and they had first right of refusal. None of these individuals could believe I did business this way. I had (and still get) many calls and emails on these items even though they have been taken offline.

Each person that came bought the item they were interested in. There was no price negotiating. No one offered me a penny less than what was asked for.

Point is, I stuck to my word, the items were accurately described, and the condition was better than they expected. They appreciated that and appreciated that I stuck to my word and told them that they had first right of refusal.

If someone does not have honor then they have nothing.

gafadi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh well i saw this thread last night and i wanted to reply but i decided not to because i may seem like a newbie trying to get in between big time players but yes you guys have been around more than me , more professional and have more itrader and so on ......

But from what i understood

James made final and last offer as 10k and then loudbeats made 8k as another offer , james clearly said that 10 k is final and that is it , so loudbeats making an offer of 8 k does seem like a rejection , rejections always doesn't come in plain words only , in this case you going below the 10k and offering 8k acted as a rejection ,

just my two words , i understand that you guys are better and professional than me , but its my opinion in this case . I am not here to fight or anything .

Soofi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
gafadi, once negotiated but I guess you didnt see or overlooked his second pm with the same offer after I offered him $8k.. and thats when I posted sold!! so there is alot of difference..

Anyhow, no point going on and on about it when I have learnt a lesson.. and thanked everyone about their input!

Thanks once again!

oh well i saw this thread last night and i wanted to reply but i decided not to because i may seem like a newbie trying to get in between big time players but yes you guys have been around more than me , more professional and have more itrader and so on ......

But from what i understood

James made final and last offer as 10k and then loudbeats made 8k as another offer , james clearly said that 10 k is final and that is it , so loudbeats making an offer of 8 k does seem like a rejection , rejections always doesn't come in plain words only , in this case you going below the 10k and offering 8k acted as a rejection ,

just my two words , i understand that you guys are better and professional than me , but its my opinion in this case . I am not here to fight or anything .

Sweety

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BAD BUSINESSMAN IS WHAT HE IS!! and Ed aka Draggar supporting him, I fail to understand, just cuz I "supposedly rejected his first 10k offer & took second $10k offer"????

This is actually insulting that you follow and abide by every rule while doing business, but some random comes & backs out of deal after offering a sale price and mods support

hello...
This was through pm so you have no way of knowing when the other offer came onto his plate.
Honestly, we could speculate another offer came in BEFORE your "sold" was posted or maybe he didnt even receive your message until AFTER his other negotiations. It's also hard to tell who's in the right without time stamps, but several counters put your deal into a precarious spot as you must assume a seller with a xxxxx figure name may be negotiating with other parties at the same time. Time is precious in such a situation.
It's very possible the seller didn't consider you a serious buyer after numerous counters and just ignored your pms or brushed them off as well.

Though, if I were to deal with someone regarding anything of value, I think I would rather take my chances with a person that could possibly back out rather than blackmail me and smear me all over the internet along with my private information such as phone number, etc. ... very dirty, don't you agree?

Soofi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Though, if I were to deal with someone regarding anything of value, I think I would rather take my chances with a person that could possibly back out rather than blackmail me and smear me all over the internet along with my private information such as phone number, etc. ... very dirty, don't you agree?

Sweety dear, this smearing only started once he had played dirty with me of backing out (and he has never even claimed once that the information posted in my first thread is made up or wrong), and information like his phone number is available all over the internet if you check who is of his domain names.

It was bound to get dirty once he started being racist on the phone, what in the world did he mean by this "you're Indian, that's why getting upset over the deal", what the hell, yes I'm an Indian.. you gotta problem with that buddy???? It's not like, chinese or japanese or american or canadian or britons or whoever else for that matter dont get pissed off for someone backing out of the deal!!

And then you get all cocky on the phone when I tried resolving things by calling him up, and he has guts to say "go do whatever you want, cuz I dont care".. effin right, yeah I told him that I will take this to public if he didnt honor the deal, but he had courage to say that in the response & hungup on me!!

Negotiating is part of the business game, not backing out!! That's how I and most others do business, I aint sure about yours or any one else for that matter!!

adityas

SEO King
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with Theo, get over it guys.

I have dealt with James in the past, he did hesitate to make a payment, After I had delivered some mini sites to him, but then he had been ripped off a few days before that so he was in a way correct in showing the hesitation. At the end of the day, he is a decent person to deal with. Also, Loudbeats I think we have had some discussions on the 'other' forum, and you were very helpful to me.

Bottom lime, go back and think about re-negotiating, name slinging ain't going to get you guys anywhere. The mods will close this topic (rightfully) after it cools down in a few days, and you guys will feel that the issue remained unresolved, so before that happens, why not exchange a few nice PM's and settle it.

And James, what's up with dragging the 'Indian' issue into the whole thing. I'm Indian too, I did business with you, but you didn't have a problem back then. And hey, don't get all racist and look down on any Indian here........else we'll breed!!!!!!!! :)

Aditya

Albert Tai

Downloading More Ram!
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry. Mistyped.

When I saw his offer of $8000, I got a bit irritable and repeated what I said in my previous PM to make him aware that he should not send offer of 8000 to me as I made it clear.

From that point onwards, I thought he was one of the time wasters and I negotiated with other party and got a deal.

Deals fell through all the times. Check my threads, I never made public when sales fell through.

It is not a good practice.

I bought a website called www.triphp.com which I paid low xxxx. The seller then sold the database to someone else. I only sent a few emails and I gave up and I even not mentioned his name in dnforum etc... as it would be waste of time for me to do such things. I really don't see the point.

I rather focus on domaining and my job.

Now I have wasted time for this.
Ah i know the guy who runs triphp.com though :) knew him since like 2005 i think.

As for the deal. I read over the whole thing. I understand that loudbeats.com lost probably a profit from buying james's domain and then reselling it to his client by low balling. I mean this whole thread is because you are not happy you did not earn the money from reselling the domain. I guess if you didn't low ball the first time and tried to pay the 10k right away it won't of happened.
THings happen and you probably won't get the domain by posting threads about him or black mailing him. Just forget about it instead of trying to bring each other down.
244231662_99f7c3fb34.jpg

Soofi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As for the deal. I read over the whole thing. I understand that loudbeats.com lost probably a profit from buying james's domain and then reselling it to his client by low balling. I mean this whole thread is because you are not happy you did not earn the money from reselling the domain. I guess if you didn't low ball the first time and tried to pay the 10k right away it won't of happened.
THings happen and you probably won't get the domain by posting threads about him or black mailing him. Just forget about it instead of trying to bring each other down.

Albert, how did you come to a conclusion that I was RESELLING domain for profit OR MAKING HUGE BUCKS ON IT?? keep your assumptions to yourself lil' fella and quit supporting your home boy!!

I REALLY WISH SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS SOMETIME SOON TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE OKAY WITH PPL BACKING OUT OF THE DEAL OR NOT WILLING TO COMPLETE IT!!

AND FOR THE LAST TIME FOR FCUK SAKES, I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THEN BLACKMAIL A RACIST PUNK!!

Albert Tai

Downloading More Ram!
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Albert, how did you come to a conclusion that I was RESELLING domain for profit OR MAKING HUGE BUCKS ON IT?? keep your assumptions to yourself lil' fella and quit supporting your home boy!!

I REALLY WISH SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS SOMETIME SOON TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE OKAY WITH PPL BACKING OUT OF THE DEAL OR NOT WILLING TO COMPLETE IT!!

AND FOR THE LAST TIME FOR FCUK SAKES, I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THEN BLACKMAIL A RACIST PUNK!!
For a client? Probably profit from $1 to a million. Idc. but yes it was for a client and probably for profit.
capslock.jpg

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How is counter offering 8k for a 10k low balling? Low balling is Buy Domains expertise. An on going subsequent counter offering is part of domaining.

What's to blame is the entire negotiation process. Neither of the two were professional.

Now even if the seller makes the last offer and the buyer offers a 'sold', the seller must approve or reject considering there may be more than one party on hand. The seller did not disclose this, which he should have. When the seller say, "The highest I will go is XX,XXX," does not mean he is offering a BIN to which the buyer can post a 'sold.'

All in all, you both need to refine your negotiation skills. In business, if you don't get what you want, the ultimate responsibility should lay on the self. Everything else is plain excuses.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
None of this ever should have been posted publicly here in the first place.
Had you really felt the burning desire to have a Moderator from this forum review the transaction, or breakdown of the transaction, then you should have asked them privately to go into your PM box and review the PM events.

You do know that "PM" = PRIVATE MESSAGE, right? So you went ahead and publicly posted those Private Messages without the sender's permission. Why would anyone do that? A Mod could review the whole thing right from your PM box.

... so the only reason you could possibly have to post all this rabid ranting here is to either attempt to blackmail the seller or just start a public pis*ing match. Neither of those actions make you look very professional at all.

...keep your assumptions to yourself lil' fella and quit supporting your home boy!!

It is inflammatory comments like this that are going to get you into trouble.
Acting like you are somehow vastly superior to everyone is not going to help your real reputation, trader ratings or not.

[/B]I don't know about you, but I have earned some reputation in and around domaining forums ever since I started in early 2007. With about 160 trader ratings on Namepros & quite a handful here on DNF...[/B]

Again with the dismissive tone and attitude mentioned above and seen in the majority of your posts in this thread.

FYI: I've been in this business since the mid 90's, so your above comment to me is hilarious.

Bottom line, again, is this - The name was sold to someone else.
No amount of public tantrum is going to change that.
All you are really accomplishing is showing us all what a hothead you can be.

Seriously, just let it go.

Adapt Web

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
pretty silly dispute, imo.

btw, this thread hit 1.1k views

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys get a life!
It's summer...the sun is hot, the women are hot and the pool is fresh...come on move on!!! :D

Why waste all this time?
We are in a forum, for 80% no legal laws here.

I agree with the guy who told before to use always Escrow.

Summertime...summertime... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom