Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Seller: James2002 backed out of the committed deal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Theo for your input!

So you mean to say that forum rules are nothing and should be disregarded? lol
I'm afraid I have to agree with Theo here. While I have completed many transactions here with just an agreement to terms, I guess I have just been lucky.

As for forum rules, those are hardly legally binding.

As for NP, that is another joke.

As for james2002, ignore him like I do. I got so tired of his asking the same question in 10 different ways every time a thread was closed, I had to ignore him.

Domain summit 2024

Soofi

First Come First Serve .iN & .ORG Backorders
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK.... After you agree to the 10K, how long after until you received a reply back?

he took his sweet as time.. an hour and seven minutes, i just checked!

thanks everyone for your time and input.

Soofi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seller says "Valid for 24 hours"
Did the buyer post "SOLD @ 10K" within that time frame? regardless of the back and forth.

Yes, it was the 23rd hour when I posted SOLD!!

----
And Myst woman, I dont what is going to be the outcome, however I want people like James2002 to learn & stop backing out of the deals plus respect fellow community members along with DNF RULES!!

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This kind of things happen periodically. This is not something new. When you give an offer, it is best that you included a time frame. For example,

"My counter-offer for you is $10000, valid for the next 2 hours from the second this PM has been delivered to your inbox."

Soofi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a case of negotiations falling through. One cannot back out or into a deal, when there was no written agreement in place. Domainers must eliminate and doa away with verbal commitments and stick with a mutually committed Escrow agreement as the starting point of any deal.

This nickel and diming makes any seller very nervous indeed.

This is what I do with little problems. Even while I am negotiating, I send the seller an Escrow offer. If the amount is not to their satisfaction, they cancel my Escrow offer and counter offer with their own Escrow offer. All I have to do is click, agree, to accept or send another.

It is all there for the record.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3 pages of a complete nonsense.

"I don't do 24hr..." negates any offer made in the first place under those terms anyway.

This looks to me like a really immature attempt to blackmail someone to do a deal... a deal that COULD have been done had the buyer not F'd around so much. Coming in here now to try to PUBLICLY bash the seller is sour grapes and just bad form, IMO.

Think about it... after reading this thread, how many people will want to deal with your offers in the future? more or less?

Move on already.

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both sides made mistakes looking back on this. Jay, "Sorry buddy I dont work on "valid for 24 hours" stints." was not only unprofessional to say but not smart to say if you wanted him to still honor that price to you within 24 hours. That statement plus your next message with an $8,000 offer is a rejection of his $10k offer plain and simple.

However, James's response to it, "$10,000 is my lowest price. Buyer pays fees." was incomplete. If you're negotiating with multiple parties, you need to be VERY careful with how you word responses to people. If Jay's response to buy at $10k was IMMEDIATE, then I can see where his anger is coming from...why tell him again $10k when you've sold it to someone else for $14k? If you were waiting to hear back from someone, then your response should have been something along the lines of "I had told you $10,000 was my lowest price. I'm currently waiting on a response from another buyer" and either put that it's no longer for sale, or that if he wants it he needs to pay $14k as that's what this new offer is. Don't tell him again that the price is $10k if you are no longer intending to sell to him for $10k...that was poor judgment on your part and now you have an upset buyer on your hands which realistically you can only blame yourself.

Lastly, Jay - you went public with this way too soon. You should have tried to discuss it out with James in a professional manner since you have yourself to blame as much as him for not getting the name with your counteroffer of $8k and rejection of his 24 hour time window. Instead you're doing a lot more damage to yourself with this thread. Sellers want drama-free transactions and this thread shows them that you want to start drama rather quickly when things don't go your way. I honestly think this is the worst mistake of everything I've mentioned...reputation is worth more than money or a $10,000 domain.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean to be racist. I have gone through many deals which fell through but never been blackmailed like what you did.

You said "sell me the domain or I would make it public". It is simply blackmailing. I advised to wait for mod's responses but you got so upset and would not wait. My apologies if my words hurt you. Sorry.
Good Man james.. "the humble will be lifted up"

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Jay and James, old men in 2059, shake hands and remember the DNForum fights :D

former_foes_1913_reunion.jpg

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
James should simply add "OBO" in his last response

"$10,000 is my lowest price OBO" = no problem

I am always careful with wording not to give any promises and keep backdoor open

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
beavis-and-butt-head-fighting.jpg

“Negotiation in the classic diplomatic sense assumes parties more anxious to agree than to disagree”

“Let us never negotiate out of fear. But, let us never fear to negotiate.”

“If you can't go around it, over it, or through it, you had better negotiate with it”

Soofi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought you informed him you do not work on 24 hour "stints"?

Yeah and then he again came back with the same offer of $10k.. CANT YOU EFFIN READ WELL CUZ ITS ALL THERE IN THE FIRST POST OR YOU JUST ONE OF THOSE IGNORANT ONES TRYING TO PROVE THEIR POINT???

"I don't do 24hr..." negates any offer made in the first place under those terms anyway.

Yes, it definitely does, but when you receive the same asking price offer AGAIN.. what is it called???

This looks to me like a really immature attempt to blackmail someone to do a deal... a deal that COULD have been done had the buyer not F'd around so much. Coming in here now to try to PUBLICLY bash the seller is sour grapes and just bad form, IMO.

This thread is not to blackmail a goof who backed out of a deal, but to make him realize that there are some RULES that should be followed when you are in a public forum cuz that's what MOST of us do (dont know about you).

Also, This definitely is an attempt to let everyone know the type of business person he is, WHO WOULDNT STICK OR STAND UPTO TO HIS WORDS!!!

Oh and I dont know what made you think that I will buy or deal with such a moron again or even try to complete this one??? cuz due to him backing out, I lost my credibilty in front of a long term business client.

Think about it... after reading this thread, how many people will want to deal with your offers in the future? more or less?

Move on already.

I don't know about you, but I have earned some reputation in and around domaining forums ever since I started in early 2007. With about 160 trader ratings on Namepros & quite a handful here on DNF, I know I have ppl who trust me and have always wanted to deal cuz I DONT BACK OUT ONCE I HAVE GIVEN THEM A PRICE OR MY WORDS!

oh well, thanks for your input !!

LOL did he really say that?

Yes but not the way he is portraying it. I said this "Honor your deal, or I will let mods intervene(that's when I contacted BIGGEDON & JOHNN about it & they suggested me this way), also will take it to the public forum and let everyone know the kind of businessman you are."

I also tried resolving this issue with him by calling his UK number, but he was full of attitude when I rang him. What will you do when you get this response in return "Do whatever you want, I dont care!!!"

My only fault here was of negotiating the deal wit a noob cuz just like everyone else I was also trying to save some for my long term business client..

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
your tags might be considered serious fodder for membership suspension, no?

Soofi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never added these 2 tags: jay is gay & make love not war

Cant take the names, however I think I know who did that.. mods care to delete them??

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators