Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Show your guru domains

Domain summit 2024

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
B=====D~~~

:lol:

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Visit.Guru

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suspect that someone at GoDaddy is mining searches for the new TLD's. I can not prove this and it would be very difficult to prove but too many instances to be coincidence.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suspect that someone at GoDaddy is mining searches for the new TLD's. I can not prove this and it would be very difficult to prove but too many instances to be coincidence.

They do this constantly with all domains, I mess with them all the time and search for funny stuff that I know they read lol

This has been going on since I worked for VERIO in South Florida when domains and websites first started, the failed checkout list used to get passed around as candy as a bonus to the best performing sales people at the end of the week so they could harvest data and reg domains people would need or planned to have. I have posted this before, they are definitely watching so do not use their bulk checker to see if names are available only use estibot or moniker bulk search. Oh yeah and .guru sucks stop wasting your money people, love ya. - Chris

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah and .guru sucks stop wasting your money people, love ya. - Chris
I have not found guru to be as appealing as .singles and .bike. These two fit geo related searches very well.

And no...I am not "all in" and being extremely selective on new TLD's.

In regards to the name search mining, I have encountered this very heavily on other sites in the past. I am not at all surprised this is continuing.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea, not picking many. Just a few. .com will alwats be king but if there are more than 1 company in the same industry, someone will biy one with another extension. I think it works very well with seo as a user types in "name + BB", may come up right next to the .com. Users may type in a service and search more than just typing in "name + .com"

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Really, thats the one of the worse name you can register, not very good, when there are good ones avaliable.

Secondly, the onlly name that is worth in this extension is Love.Guru lol
As I've stated elsewhere, I picked up icefishing.guru for $27.37. Plan to develop it in the next month or two and see how we rank with the engines. Taken in most other extensions. Passionate hobby for many, with viral world record videos and fun to be had, if you do it right! Can’t afford the dot com. I have no problem dropping $69 to catch a dot com drop on a daily basis, so this was a no brainer for me to see what happens. I’ve pre-ordered others that are coming out later this year with similar plans. I've carved out some very good success for a part time gig in the last two years, so I'll trust my instincts and continue on my own path, thank you!

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As I've stated elsewhere, I picked up icefishing.guru for $27.37. Plan to develop it in the next month or two and see how we rank with the engines. Taken in most other extensions. Passionate hobby for many, with viral world record videos and fun to be had, if you do it right! Can’t afford the dot com. I have no problem dropping $69 to catch a dot com drop on a daily basis, so this was a no brainer for me to see what happens. I’ve pre-ordered others that are coming out later this year with similar plans. I've carved out some very good success for a part time gig in the last two years, so I'll trust my instincts and continue on my own path, thank you!

didnt mean to disrespect your instincts, sorry if I sounded that way.

you can get icefishing keyword and .com and develop and make money that way. I hope you don;t waste much money in development and wish you all the success.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't even understand the .guru extension.

It reminds me of an awful reincarnation of .pro.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators