Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Show your guru domains

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
absolute horrible waste of money...better off buying bitcoins in that case!

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I rather invest in .com.co's and .net.co's , .biz's, and .中国's :)

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So what do you recommend we buy?
www.compu-Global-Hyper-Mega-Net.com!?

Nothing else left in .com. At least we may have some chance...

This is the biggest misconception among domainers. There is plenty left in .com, most of my own personal $x,xxx sales have come from handregs, believe it or not.

You have to take the time and look drop list's up and down, research every name, etc....

There is about 200 reported(keep in mind most sales are not reported) $x,xxx .com sales every week and about 90% of these are regular ole names, nothing fancy. Example "videogaming247(.)com"

Most "domainers" are just not willing to spend 6-8 hours looking through drop list daily. Most rather look for what's "hot" and leave it there, but there are plenty of gems that drop daily. Most domainers just have to realize a domain does not have to be one word, 3 letter, 4 letter, etc. to be valuable. That's how 90% of domainers think and that's why they cry about, "they are losing money," "the domain industry is in a down fall," and all the other excuses I see very often.

There are some great businessman and companies that are behind these gTLD's and those are the only people that are going to make money and "have a chance." imo, but I may be wrong, this is just an opinion, new gTLD's could blow up, but who knows.

Either way, I wish everybody the best of luck, I'm not a "hater," I do not want to see anyone lose money, I hope you all sell your .guru's for $xxxxxxxxxxxxx :)

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what do you recommend we buy?
www.compu-Global-Hyper-Mega-Net.com!?

Nothing else left in .com. At least we may have some chance...
You don't have to settle for bad names like this. Check the expired lists carefully.
I still find good prerelease domains for $69.
If you buy a good .com today, at least it's worth something today. On the other hand buying in new extensions is gambling.
While domainers are hoping they will increase in value, it's pretty much guaranteed those .guru domains are worthless and will never sell.
And they will be forgotten tomorrow as soon as the next batch of new TLDs is released.

So the choice is simple: rather than buy 2 .guru domains that probably won't sell and won't be renewed, you could buy one aged .com domain that has a strong chance of selling to an end user.
So far nobody has been able to explain to me what makes .guru domains so special, especially when there are hundreds or thousands coming up :-#:

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I picked up mission.guru, getahead.guru and lifechanging.guru but failed on planning.guru, personal.guru and lifecoach.guru

PS I don't subscribe to Katherine's view that .guru is worthless!

Last edited:

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I picked up mission.guru, getahead.guru and lifechanging.guru but failed on planning.guru, personal.guru and lifecoach.guru

PS I don't subscribe to Katherine's view that .guru is worthless!

As I stated above, I am no hater, I hope you sell these names.

But mannn, it's not looking to good for you.

I mean, GetaHeadGuru.com is available and LifeChangingGuru.com available....

But, in defense of you .guru lover's :) There has been 100's of [keyword]guru.com sales, so as I said, you never know what may happen. I think there will be a few(Just a few) big .guru sales, all the rest will just be on the drop lists in the coming years....

Last edited:

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So far nobody has been able to explain to me what makes .guru domains so special, especially when there are hundreds or thousands coming up :-#:

I think Page Howe somehow explained that, he said coaching domains were selling good and he bought 14 .guru's himself already.

IMO unless someone is very well informed (like inside info) , any new GTLD buying is gambling and most probably against the odds.

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You could be right, icedude. But, hey, I look on this as a learning opportunity. If I sold mission.guru for $200 and the other two are duds, I've learnt a useful lesson and made a few bucks in the process. Who needs to be greedy?

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You could be right, icedude. But, hey, I look on this as a learning opportunity. If I sold mission.guru for $200 and the other two are duds, I've learnt a useful lesson and made a few bucks in the process. Who needs to be greedy?

Perfectly put! I wish you the best of luck...

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMO this abundance of names will make them less valuable. Rarity is important. Why would someone pay an investor $2,000 for xxxxxxx.guru when the plural would be available ? At these prices there will be many names available to register.

Moreover, the same keyword in another GTLD may convey about the same message (for example .expert if there is such a thing, as an alternative to .guru) . Remember , 1000's of TLDs out eventually.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its not fun taking an aged .com, parking it and selling it. Theres a new hype with .BBs and ill take advanage if it.
i profitted off of .mobi and .asia more than i made from .com. Id make more money flipping gamer.guru than flipping videogammers247.com.
sorry guys, my experience tells me i can make money this way. Thank you for yoyr advice but its not valid. I dont plan to make millions, i plan to make a few hundred bucks

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its not fun taking an aged .com, parking it and selling it. Theres a new hype with .BBs and ill take advanage if it.
i profitted off of .mobi and .asia more than i made from .com. Id make more money flipping gamer.guru than flipping videogammers247.com.
sorry guys, my experience tells me i can make money this way. Thank you for yoyr advice but its not valid. I dont plan to make millions, i plan to make a few hundred bucks

There's one problem with this... you won't flip gamer.guru for more than 2K(What VideoGaming247 sold for), because it makes no sense.

OK, so you are looking to make a few hundred off .guru's??? You are not going to just reg one to make a few hundred, you would have to reg many.... Reg fee $40... That's like investing a dime to make two nickel's......

No business in this world would build their brand on a .guru, none, zero....

The whole purpose of a website is either sell a product or service, or get people to use a product or service.... Soooo... who are the majority of these users? Regular everyday people that don't know what a domain name is and they just know how to search Google or type in [WhatTheyAreLookingFor].com. So .guru's live at the mercy of Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc..... Search any keyword, any.... and I guarantee you that at least 8 out 10 results are .com, .org, .gov, .edu, or ccTLD....

The whole purpose of a domain name is to make it easy for people to find you online and make it easy for them to remember how to find you. .guru would just confuse the hell out of your everyday person, you are better off using your IP address than a .guru!

hawkeye

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No business in this world would build their brand on a .guru, none, zero....
I'd be willing to take you up on a $100 bet on this. Of course you probably know more than those 20k that bought .gurus, including those that paid the high EAP prices, but hey, you sound 'real' sure here on this, so you may want to take up this bet with many others too. You might make a killing! :rolleyes: But I like the odds, because all we need is '1' to do so, and your 'expert' vision and opinion on the future.., goes kaput!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom