Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Show your guru domains

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't really care. It's fun making a few extra bucks. It's not my fulltime job. I've made more profit on other vanity domains than I have with generic. And buying and selling depends on each person, not just from your opinion. If we r buying, others will buy from us. I'd rather buy BBs than taking your advice. Though I appreciate your opinion and you may be right from your experience, but I'd rather make extra bucks flipping vanity domains rather than adhering to wat you post and make nothing

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's one problem with this... you won't flip gamer.guru for more than 2K(What VideoGaming247 sold for), because it makes no sense.
Gamer.guru does make sense...as much sense as the kazillion cheat sites out there. From my perspective, it makes more sense in terms of recognition and memorability than the example you used.

I have ZERO .guru names and most likely will end up with ZERO as this extension does not flip the switches for me as much as bike and singles.

However, I wish I did own pot.guru.:hippie:

Last edited:

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its not a popular word anymore (some name will still make sense: pot . guru, sex guru, etc) maybe in the 70's it would have been a great hit

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its not a popular word anymore (some name will still make sense: pot . guru, sex guru, etc) maybe in the 70's it would have been a great hit

The term guru is still used in damn near every affiliate marketing sales pitch I see.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pot.guru is indeed awesome! Would one think that www.pot-website-intergalactic-hyper.com" would be worth buying?
.mobi was a fail but I made profit. It's just fun! I just got a few.
I'm very much looking forward to the .app domains. Apps would advertise very well with this domain extension.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pot.guru is indeed awesome! Would one think that www.pot-website-intergalactic-hyper.com" would be worth buying?
I'm very much looking forward to the .app domains. Apps would advertise very well with this domain extension.

You-are-making-ridiculous-comparisons.com

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to take you up on a $100 bet on this. Of course you probably know more than those 20k that bought .gurus, including those that paid the high EAP prices, but hey, you sound 'real' sure here on this, so you may want to take up this bet with many others too. You might make a killing! :rolleyes: But I like the odds, because all we need is '1' to do so, and your 'expert' vision and opinion on the future.., goes kaput!

I'll pass on the bet, but good luck to you and many others.... btw, get the facts right, 20K .guru domains registered, not 20K registrants....

But hey, I never claimed to be an expert, far from one... but, my opinion is just based on common business sense.

I would be better off buying hell of penny stocks, same concept of buying a new gTLD....

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"You guys are the market."

History repeats itself...

GoldRush/Fools Gold : Who made money? ...people selling shovels, pick axes and pans...lol
Pyramid Investments/ideas: Who makes money?...people who start them.
Domain .whatever's: Who makes money?...a few people but mostly ICANN

I have no doubt some people will make money on these extensions but the larger % will lose and the bulk of these extensions will fail. JMO

Okay a few of these extensions might work, but which ones? I don't think .guru is one.

.GOODLUCK :yo:

and remember "you are the market"

Last edited:

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mmm...I don't care. I've done it before several times and I'll do it again as I made money in the past.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

count your lucky stars you weren't one of the poor fools left holding the worthless bag full of mobis that some paid five figures for. i really don't understand how someone can not make money with .com's but can with these kinds of domains but hey, whatever you think works.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its not fun taking an aged .com, parking it and selling it. Theres a new hype with .BBs and ill take advanage if it.
i profitted off of .mobi and .asia more than i made from .com. Id make more money flipping gamer.guru than flipping videogammers247.com.
sorry guys, my experience tells me i can make money this way. Thank you for yoyr advice but its not valid. I dont plan to make millions, i plan to make a few hundred bucks

the hype is only among domainers, no one else knows (or cares) that they exist.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was one of the .mobi owners who made 4 figures. Yea, i lost a few but i ended up making a lot more than i started with. I didnt buy a lot. I just bought 15. It was fun. If youve been reading my posts above, i made money. Even off of .asia. No hype here. Just buying and selling vanity domains. Perhaps ive not been lucky selling .coms. I has not worked well for me. Maybe it does for you. Good job! You just keep selling .coms while ill keep selling vanity domains. Nothing wrong with that. So id appreciate it if you stop insulting my decisions. If you have any .com recommendations, please tell me which .coms are available. But you wont caise youll end up getting them instead. Its cool. I just cant understand why you continue saying that i wont make money when i have always been making profit off of the vanity domains.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was one of the .mobi owners who made 4 figures. Yea, i lost a few but i ended up making a lot more than i started with. I didnt buy a lot. I just bought 15. It was fun. If youve been reading my posts above, i made money. Even off of .asia. No hype here. Just buying and selling vanity domains. Perhaps ive not been lucky selling .coms. I has not worked well for me. Maybe it does for you. Good job! You just keep selling .coms while ill keep selling vanity domains. Nothing wrong with that. So id appreciate it if you stop insulting my decisions. If you have any .com recommendations, please tell me which .coms are available. But you wont caise youll end up getting them instead. Its cool. I just cant understand why you continue saying that i wont make money when i have always been making profit off of the vanity domains.
i am not trying to insult your decisions. I would just be careful about encouraging others to buy new extensions. most people lost money with mobi and i suspect most people will lose money with these.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All these new .whateverbullshit extensions are worthless...all they are going to do is push more value and power to the .com domains. Listen to me, I have millions of dollars in domain name selling and buying experience since the mid 90's and I am no newbie. Do not waste your money people, do not buy into the hype. These are extensions for kids and people with no money for the real domain name, you were warned. ICANN and the registrars pushing these garbage names are laughing all the way to the bank. OF COURSE there will be some sales based on hype and a few bought/sold but 99.9% are a waste of money unless you have some mega ultra top keyword it's a waste and even then you barely have a shot. I have owned some of the biggest and best keywords in other extensions than .com and .org and could not give them away.

If you want a cute site for fun or a blog or something then of course more power to you, for a commercial venture that is viable or as an investment they are dirt.

Even pot.guru sucks

PotGuru.com is 1000x better for countless reasons including but not limited to it's a .com domain name. The .com is not going anywhere in the next 100 years, there have been many other extensions available for ages now and those are mostly garbage too unless you hit the domain name lottery which very very rarely occurs. You might as well play powerball because you have a better shot than with .guru and the rest of this crap! Love, Chris :cool:

Last edited:

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pot.guru hahaha

i have never heard of this term guru of pot , am sure tere are people but come on not widely used .

pot,.guru won't make a investment it is called divesting your money for nothing. I hope you guys can write off your losses in tax write offs

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom