• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed SM.ORG Appraisal please!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

copper

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
30
Hi,

Would you guys give some appraisals for SM.ORG please?

Reseller and Enduser?
Developed and Undeveloped.

Thanks,
Jonathan
 
reseller: mid - high $x,xxx
enduser: anywhere in the $xx,xxx range

nice letters :)
 
Thank you for the appraisal dvestors :)

It wasn't great deal based on your reseller price.
But, I still am glad that I got it!

My wife can not understand the money I spent:greendead:

Jonathan

dvestors said:
reseller: mid - high $x,xxx
enduser: anywhere in the $xx,xxx range

nice letters :)
 
$8k to $15k reseller, $20k to $50k end-user.

P.S. I posted this before reading what others said so to be non-influenced.
 
Reseller : $12,000-$16,000

End User: $25,000 +
 
Thank you for the appraisal, trader :)

trader said:
$8k to $15k reseller, $20k to $50k end-user.

P.S. I posted this before reading what others said so to be non-influenced.

Thank you GT Web for the appraisal :)

GT Web said:
Reseller : $12,000-$16,000

End User: $25,000 +

Now, it's quite clear SM.ORG do have potential to develop.
Thinking either Stock related (Stock Market - SM) or Shopping Mall (SM).
I am leaning more toward Stock Market.
What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Jonathan
 
stock market is a much higher paying keyword than shopping. I'd lean in that direction..
 
Yes.
I thought as much.

Interesting thing about these traffic is that previous owner
didn't do anything for about a year according to wayback machine.
It just had coming soon site and then changed to it's for sale.

4/7 - 31 visits (Changed name server late evening)
4/8 - 301 visits
4/9 - 211 visits

822 Hits - Direct Request (guessing either typein or saved link)

So, I am thinking make PPC page real quick and put that up until
I finish developing the stock related site.
And it's going to take quite some time.

Any input would be greatly appreciated :wink_smile:

Thanks,
Jonathan

dvestors said:
stock market is a much higher paying keyword than shopping. I'd lean in that direction..
 
the way things are going with 2 letters it really doesnt matter what you paid...anything under $25k is a steal right now for that name and it's only gonna increase in value for such prime letters...I'd forecast these all to be in the high $xx,xxx to low $xxx,xxx range in a few years...you can't touch a good .com 2 letter for less than that now...
 
Mocus, thank you for your post :)

Your words gonna make me lose my sleep tonight.

Mocus said:
the way things are going with 2 letters it really doesnt matter what you paid...anything under $25k is a steal right now for that name and it's only gonna increase in value for such prime letters...I'd forecast these all to be in the high $xx,xxx to low $xxx,xxx range in a few years...you can't touch a good .com 2 letter for less than that now...
 
I think the traffic can come from typos of s-sm.org and some miel-sm.org

SM meaning for me was mostly sex related, but OVT says it has more. I would probably put some search on the domain first to know what are the people looking for.
 
Actually, SM .com seems like ppc page with tons of sexually explicit links.
SM .net seems like directory of all things.

I can see some of the visitors to .org which is mine are looking for shopping
such as shoes, electronics...

denny007 said:
I think the traffic can come from typos of s-sm.org and some miel-sm.org

SM meaning for me was mostly sex related, but OVT says it has more. I would probably put some search on the domain first to know what are the people looking for.
 
Right now the name will sell for a minimum of $10k. End user value of around $30k.

Prices can only go up, so hold on even if you are not developing.
 
sm.com is Adam's domain and it is parkingsite.com parking page
 
pkguy said:
Right now the name will sell for a minimum of $10k. End user value of around $30k.

Prices can only go up, so hold on even if you are not developing.
Thank you for your appraisal.
Yes, I didn't buy it for resell to begin with :-)
Even as I write, I am trying to figure out the budget for it.

denny007 said:
sm.com is Adam's domain and it is parkingsite.com parking page
Oh! I didn't know that.
I guess he's making enough just parking if he didn't bother developing it :)
 
well more like probably just "holding onto it" which is what you should do with that one....
 
$10k+ if you're desperate to sell. I'd sit on it and hope for a lot more. First good name I've seen in this section recently!
 
For the record. I have listed the name for sale with no reserve at snapnames. Just go to sm.org it will take you to the bidding page.
 
Copper = Cyber2?

2008 2 Letter .org sales according to NameBio.com

pi.org $40K
go.org $25,350
yj.org $5,500
no.org $37,500
pl.org $28,850

2007 2 Letter .org sales

fl.org $33,000
we.org $36,500
ii.org $22,895
jv.org $14,000

I think the PL.org sale would be the closest to SM.org for value wise.
 
I guess the name switched hands during the last 2 years :)

Price for it depends a lot on where you sell it, TRAFFIC is best I think.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom