Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Small joys of domaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamatha

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this information,really its very interesting to share the joyy of domain,i will wait for your new some ohter joys ,really we enjoyed a lot .

AmmyTisdale

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As far as I know there are no open vulnerabilities with WP and speed depends on the hardware it runs on.

I agree with you that there are no open vulnerabilities with WP.

TopDomainDeal

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very happy to hear stories like this.
This is what I call quick thinking and fast acting! Keep up the good work, there are still so many good projects out there!

teguh123

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My friend tried to park 10 domains at dopa and 10 at bodis. Seems like dopa pays more.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hope to see more pics of Warsaw on warsawblog.com. Thanks!

For sure, once winter is gone I will be more active in taking photos.

creck01

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great post shows what is still out there

metafever

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One idea is that its logistacally impossible to have every domain developed without automation tools.

If you take the worlds online population (est. around 500 million) and each person managed just 2 sites worth of content - you only have 1 billion domains developed.

Anyone know how many total domains are registered? My gut tells me that its much higher than 1 billion . . .

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One idea is that its logistacally impossible to have every domain developed without automation tools.

If you take the worlds online population (est. around 500 million) and each person managed just 2 sites worth of content - you only have 1 billion domains developed.

Anyone know how many total domains are registered? My gut tells me that its much higher than 1 billion . . .

Most domains should not have been registered in first place!

Entropy

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. WP is the best blogging platform there is so accusing it being slow and secure is just foolish.

2. Any crap blog of mine gets more than that in the beginning so 101 uniques is nothing.

3. A blog talking about warsaw traffic and park? no thanks

4. I wonder how long does it takes for the writer to get bored and abandon the blog.

5. This is not an important domain news.(this thread doesn't belong here)

Negative posts like this one really aren't at all conducive to cultivating a community forum such as the one we're currently on. Further to that:

----------------------------------------------

1. WordPress is not necessarily the best blogging platform in all cases. There is a reason that alternatives exist and continue to gain popularity.

2. You're wrong: 101 uniques as a starting point is indeed something, regardless of how many unique visits your own self-proclaimed "crap" blogs get.

3. Whilst you may not be interested in Warsaw, I can guarantee you that many people on the internet are: those actually living in and around Warsaw, for a start.

4. I would imagine that the rate and time-frame of blog abandonment varies greatly. What grounds do you have to believe that this thread's creator will give up on his quickly?

5. This thread can't be too far out of place, or a mod would've moved or deleted it by now.

----------------------------------------------

I enjoyed reading this post and evidently many others have as well. Great work on snagging that domain, Tetrapak, and good luck with developing it into a popular blog for the Warsaw area. Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts with us.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OP, I'm curious. If you say that the WP is slow and insecure, what alternatives do you suggest? Drupal? Expression Engine (!)?

For the record, I've been using WP for ages and haven't run into a single problem. Also, pretty much every major blog is a WP installation. You would imagine TechCrunch would move away from WP if it wasn't that secure or fast..

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm working mostly with Django. It's very hard to find talented programmers, but if you do it pays out in long term. There is no comparison between WP and Django, the latter is much faster, much more secure, much easier to customize it, to scale it, to maintain it. Basically it's better in every sense, but it's also way more expensive. The same type of website that I would set up for $50 in WP, I would need $500 in Django. If it's a customized web shop with quite a few functions then it will set you off minimum $xx,xxx - yet if you do it right it will be more valuable than a similarly priced "empty" domain.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OP, I'm curious. If you say that the WP is slow and insecure, what alternatives do you suggest? Drupal? Expression Engine (!)?

For the record, I've been using WP for ages and haven't run into a single problem. Also, pretty much every major blog is a WP installation. You would imagine TechCrunch would move away from WP if it wasn't that secure or fast..

Luck you! These phishing scammers I am going to kill the ****ers if I get my hands on them!!

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You would imagine TechCrunch would move away from WP if it wasn't that secure or fast..

I don't have access to their data, but:

Alexa shows: "Very Slow (2.795 Seconds), 83% of sites are faster."
Google site speed shows 88 out of 100 points (that's not bad, but not brilliant either).

I would guess it would require hell of a work to move it to another platform.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't have access to their data, but:

Alexa shows: "Very Slow (2.795 Seconds), 83% of sites are faster."
Google site speed shows 88 out of 100 points (that's not bad, but not brilliant either).

I would guess it would require hell of a work to move it to another platform.

On bigger sites, ads can add a significant amount to load times. TechCrunch is now an AOL property. AOL definitely has the financial muscle to get the best engineers around to decrease site load times (not that AOL hasn't been known to screw that up as well).

btw, I am looking into Django. How much of an idiot would I be if I told that you that I'd never heard of it until yesterday?

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not at all, it's not an easy to set-up framework. If you are interested PM me and I can show examples of my sites and where you can get started.

carltonleon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Really nice little site tetrapak. Congrats and keep up the good work.
Oh yeah and ignore the begrudger

emark

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looking real good, and I like the informative captions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom