Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Spacetrips.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No prob aZooZa...just giving it a real life appraisal...you can always have your dreams though.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So you (fussyfever) and Chad reckon I might be OK with reg fee then? At least spacetrips.com is then still in positive territory...

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe soon the .com's will go and it will be .space :)

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ComScout.com said:
Maybe soon the .com's will go and it will be .space :)

Heh that would be good.

I bet theres been a mass of registrations about space travel etc.. I know I got some .info's with the free allocation :)

Rich

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just saw that stuff about Richard Branson on the news here :)

Said trips would cost just under $300,000!

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Stinos! Well, yesterday I was offered $xxxx for it (from a DNF user) and just now, not more than a half-hour ago, SpaceShipOne has completed the first flight towards the Ansari X prize. And Virgin Galactic is all over the press here in the UK like a rash. Any more opinions please?

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mid $xxxx. will almost triple in the next 2-4 years if this concept really takes off which i think it will :)

good luck!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think this is a great domain!

$2000-$3000 right now

$10,000-$15,000 in a couple years

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks GT. I guess a lot depends now on whether Rutan completes the second flight and wins the Ansari X $10mm. Then, and if Virgin Galactic place their firm order for the five VSS crafts, I think the name will move up to $xxxxx -- what I really need to wait for is the space travel agencies to appear -- much like Expedia is to terrestrial travel :D

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...or maybe the xx at the time previously advocated? Sure, SpaceCrafts.us will be a big contender - especially as the plural of craft in this context is - wait for it -- CRAFT!!! I'll get straight on with trying to register AirCrafts.us then :-D

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks TexasFilly. I have already had a lot of offers and interest. I'm witing for the second Burtan SpaceShipOne flight to claim the Ansari X prize for $10mm - that should happen within 12 days. Unless the Canadians snatch it first!

@fussyfever: glad to see you were able to secure spacecrafts.us for your portfolio -- also thanks for punting it on my thread... I tried desperately hard to get aircraftS.us but unfortunately it had been taken by another shrewd investor.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you getting any increased traffic with all the media coverage on space trips azooza?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cyphix, tell you what, I haven't looked - will do though and post back here after the second flight and hopefully when Branson places his order for five VSS spacecraft ;)

@TexasFilly - thanks again!

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It could be worth a lot if you get the right party interested. Why not shop it to all the right people - branson etc and let em know you got it and would like to sell. One of them could decide it fits and you could have a nice sale.

Another thought, develop a ticket sales site now. Make it super slick with flash and all. When some one buys a ticket you take their reservation and give them membership in your exclusive space traveler's forum. Could generate a lot of interest. Do a news letter about all the space traveler jazz going on etc.

Would be some work but it could pay off huge as this topic heats up in the future plus with a super cool site like this I bet you could get the media interested and get some mentions on TV and radio shows. This could blast your site into rocket propelled over drive.

You would not think this kind of thing would fly but check this out.

We got some rather wacko marketing type guys who live in my area. There is a town about 10 miles away called soap lake. There is this guy who wants to build a 60 ft tall "Giant Lava Lamp" So what right? Just another whacko idea except that there has been for the last year over 500 newspapers stories around the WHOLE freekin planet about this little town and their giant lava lamp. We put up a site for publicity at giantlavalamp.com and every time some newspaper does another article my server about goes down under the load of 5 or 10K people trying to log on in the space of a few minutes.

Some media guy contacted the giant lava lamp backers and said with all this attention around the world it equals a 100 million dollar world wide ad campaign. This thing has been in newspapers radio and TV on every continent even china and Russia. These guys get calls all the time for live radio interviews. It just keeps going and going. We all thought it would peter out after a few months but every week another news guy finds out about it and calls for another interview. Its got waaaay out of hand and just isn't slowing down even after over 1 year.

This is the power of a dumb-ass idea in the hands of news paper TV and radio people who are looking for zany stuff to talk about online, on radio and in print.

Your site falls right in line for this kind of thing. Develop a super cool spaced out ticket sales/forum astronaut membership site and shop it to the media. Your site could become the worlds wannabe space astronaut website. The world's media dolts will help you for free if it can be done as a zany news story. They will bite and publish stories about this over and over I guarantee you. You will get press from everywhere for free if you play this right.

Heck I'm starting to warm up to this idea. I'll give you a grand for this name right now. PM me if you want to sell.

I know exactly who, where and how to shop this site to get millions worth of free publicity because of this lava lamp thing I am associated with, [I am not the originator of this idea just the webmaster of their site]. I been-there-done-that! I could do it again on purpose instead by "off the wall" accident. The power of the "press release" to the right people is ridiculous. After it hits the AP wire and the world's media get a-hold of it you could not stop it if you had to.
SO, what do you all think of that!
Robert

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just on your forum idea, $150K for a space flight is not out of range for a raffle prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom