Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Spacetrips.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jarmusch said:
It's not like alot as changed since your last post :-D But with all the sucesses lately, your domain still holds it's worth. You decided to wait and don't take the $35K offer and I think you did the right thing. Space travel is only going forward from now on. I don't see it stopping. Good luck with your name. I tried getting space travel related domains but all the good 2-word .com names are taken. :-#: How much it's worth? At least a few space tickets.

Hi Jarmusch, thanks for that informed and interesting comment! Well, I don't know whether it's still at $35K (I declined the offer) and in some ways and sometimes, I wish I'd taken the dough, and many people here would agree that I should have cashed out. But as I only paid reg fee for it; albeit many years ago, I guess it still has to be a 'hold' for me! Mind you, a few of Branson's tickets at cost (£100,000 each or so) would work for me as long as I could sell them on!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMHO this domain is only increasing in value.
Yet 35K today, I would have taken.

spacetrips are a reality, some others like moon based ports, or the moon hilton (is that regged?) I doubt make much sense.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By the time space trips become popular (God know how many decades) the domain name system as we currently know it may not even be here at that time so I can't see this futuristic name being worth anywhere near such high prices. Sorry to rain on the parade. Just my 2 cents.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker and trader: wise words and I agree with you as I write this. But then the old "I ought to leave it a couple more years at $8/year" kicks in. However, I don't think it will be "decades". If I thought that, I would have unloaded I guess. My $35k buyer has moved on, so now it's back to "square one" so still looking for opinions. Thanks to all that have replied. This has been a popular thread and I appreciate every individual's comments.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
spacetravel is Here now.
Boeing, airbus, virgin (well...) etc...
are all looking there.
I dont think its far away.
In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if within the next few years this becomes a honeymooner activity.
My 'beef' was with going way too far with space ports etc... going into the star trek era.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i'm shocked to see this thread re-initiated... what has changed - any more $xx,xxx offers, has richard set-up a site, another article on space travel? you have a good domain here, but need to be realistic (35K will not turn into 100K just because you hope it will) and just give the industry time to hopefully develop ... that's what speculation is all about. Once the market has some players market to them, but until then nothings changed.

good luck.

Jarmusch

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
trader said:
By the time space trips become popular (God know how many decades) the domain name system as we currently know it may not even be here at that time so I can't see this futuristic name being worth anywhere near such high prices.
This has been brought up before. I think we are all somewhat realistic here. I don't think aZooZa is hoping to sell his domain when space trips cost as low as a bus ticket. He's investing in the near future, 2-5 years from now, not 10-30 years as some of you keep pointing out. I can't see how the internet as we know it will cease to exist within this short time frame. Sure, space travel will only be available to a few filthy rich bastards, but it will be a reality. And with all the millions being poured into space travel, $100K for a domain such as SpaceTrips.com is just a drop in the bucket IMHO.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jedi said:
i'm shocked to see this thread re-initiated... what has changed - any more $xx,xxx offers, has richard set-up a site, another article on space travel? you have a good domain here, but need to be realistic (35K will not turn into 100K just because you hope it will) and just give the industry time to hopefully develop ... that's what speculation is all about. Once the market has some players market to them, but until then nothings changed.

good luck.

Sorry to have "shocked" you Jedi :)

Yes, a little has changed in a short time.

The X prize has been won.

Richard Branson HAS set up a site: www.virgingalactic.com and is taking bookings:

"Sigourney Weaver books flight with Virgin Galactica"...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/19/weaver_travels_to_space/

The players are coming out and playing. I am a 'speculative pragmatist' and that's why I registered the domain and held on to it for so long.

So you see the playing field has changed since I first posted this.

Edit: If you want to take over the speculation reins, the domain is up for offers in the appropriate forum here ;)

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, I just regged these domains fresh (please do not appraise these domains -- I only mention this to bring insight into the current marketplace for these types of domains):

budgetspaceflights.com
galacticgetaways.com
galaxygetaways.com
launchtravel.com
spacejaunt.com
spacetravelbureau.com
spacevacationing.com
spacevacations.biz

I would say that the space flight domain market is still "virgin" if you'll forgive the pun.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fle8, nice regges. I've pored through all the com.zone file and it seems there's really quite nothing left to reg unless you start with longer phrases. In three years, I reckon good domains for space trips and associated industries will start to be worth a LOT of money.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
Fle8, nice regges. I've pored through all the com.zone file and it seems there's really quite nothing left to reg unless you start with longer phrases. In three years, I reckon good domains for space trips and associated industries will start to be worth a LOT of money.

Thanks, Zooz. You may want to peruse some non-com domains as well, though. There were many others of the non-com variety that I passed up that may still hold value in the coming years, but may be worth looking into if your budget allows for more speculation. For instance, I'm not much for .biz, but I couldn't pass up spacevacations.biz, which will almost certainly hold value as this will likely be a a key search phrase in years to come.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I wonder if on a commercial space trip they'll be serving peanuts.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SpaceTravel1.com - does that work? :D

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent! I love it!

Just to remind newcomers that this thread is an appraisal for SpaceTrips.com

So many people have posted with their own domains here (great enthusiasm -- and I have no problem with that). Thanks!

Please appraise SpaceTrips.com

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
:'( weee, why only old man can be clever....!?

just grabbed CheapSpaceTrips.com :approve: for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators