Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Spacetrips.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes I was thinking the exact same thing. Negotiate a deal with the space flight company then find a sponsor like one of the travel companies and have them pay for the flight ticket in exchange for an exclusive deal. That would give you a huge leg up with getting media attention. Have everyone sign up for reservations and give an actual flight away to some one.

Huge promo possibilities there.
Robert

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@AVC: Wow! You look like you're going to be a valuable resource on this forum if that's just your 7th post above. Yours is an excellent idea. I don't want to sell the domain now at all -- I have already been offered 35k for it as I think I have mentioned before. I am going to deveop this one much along the lines you've suggested. All will be clearer once Virgin place their order to have the VSS (Virgin Space Ships) built. Thank you very much for your time Robert!

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
deleted

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
@AVC: Wow! You look like you're going to be a valuable resource on this forum if that's just your 7th post above. Yours is an excellent idea. I don't want to sell the domain now at all -- I have already been offered 35k for it as I think I have mentioned before. I am going to deveop this one much along the lines you've suggested. All will be clearer once Virgin place their order to have the VSS (Virgin Space Ships) built. Thank you very much for your time Robert!

Thanks aZooZa
Always glad to be of help and spill a little of what my over active imagination cranks out day and night.
Robert

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cool! I have just put SpaceHops.com up for sale in the 'Fixed Price & Offers' thread. SpaceTrips.com is not for sale but let's see what interest there is in something similar. Not as good, I know, but an interesting exercise.

Press release

— September 30, 2004
2nd SpaceShipOne Launch is GO FOR OCTOBER 4th

Burt Rutan's Mojave Aerospace Ventures Team successfully reached an altitude of 337,500 feet with Mike Melvill (the pilot) onboard plus ballast (approx. 180 Kg). This flight was deemed by the Judges as a successful first flight for the $10 million Ansari X PRIZE. The X PRIZE has just received official notice from Burt Rutan that SpaceShipOne's second flight (X2) will take place Monday morning, October 4th. Expected flight timeline:
* Takeoff at 7am PT
* Ignition at 8am PT
* Landing at 8:30am PT
* Press Conference to announce official Altitude at 10:30am PT
The entire flight and press conference can be viewed LIVE at www.xprize.org on our global webcast. Ticket are NOW available at http://www.airshownetwork.com/home.html Please spread the word to your friends. Tune in and help us celebrate the birth of the Personal Spaceflight Revolution!
About the X PRIZE Foundation

The X PRIZE Foundation is a not-for-profit educational organization with headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri. Supported by private donations and the St. Louis community, the Foundation’s mission is to create educational programming for students and space enthusiasts as well as provide incentives in the private sector to make space travel frequent and affordable for the general public. Several additional sponsorships for the ANSARI X PRIZE competition remain available to corporations or individuals who wish to support the X PRIZE Foundation and associate themselves with space, speed and high technology.

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had to get in on this space travel thing myself. I was just thinking this over and decided to poke around to see what was still available for the space domains and I just registered these - SpaceTripTickets.com and SpaceTripReservations.com I couldn't believe they were still available and dot coms too, woohooo!!!! What do you think of them? Now I can sell tickets for space travel! I'll have to poke around and see if I can find some software for online ticket sales/reservations.
Robert

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice one AVC!

Now the second flight has finished successfully - the $10,000,000 has been won. Virgin Galactic and Branson are there now in Mojave celebrating.

I now have:

AEROSPACE.CC
BUDGETSPACETRAVEL.COM
SPACEACTIVITY.COM
SPACEADULTS.COM
SPACEADVANCES.COM
SPACEAGETOURISM.COM
SPACEAGETOURS.COM
SPACEAGETRIPS.COM
SPACEAIRLINER.COM
SPACEASSOCIATION.COM
SPACEBARGAINS.COM
SPACEBOOKER.COM
SPACEBUSINESSES.COM
SPACECARGO.BIZ
SPACECARGO.INFO
SPACECARRIERS.COM
SPACECATERING.COM
SPACECLUBS.COM
SPACECONSULTANT.COM
SPACEDEALS.BIZ
SPACEDEALS.INFO
SPACEDEALS.US
SPACEEXPERIENCES.COM
SPACEFANS.COM
SPACEFANTASIES.COM
SPACEHAULS.COM
SPACEHOPS.COM
SPACEINNS.COM
SPACELODGES.COM
SPACEMEN.WS
SPACEMOTELS.COM
SPACEPACKAGES.COM
SPACEPATROLS.COM
SPACESETTER.COM
SPACESHIPTRIPS.COM
SPACESIMULATORS.COM
SPACESPOTTER.COM
SPACETRANSPORT.BIZ
SPACETRANSPORT.INFO
SPACETRANSPORT.NET
SPACETRANSPORT.ORG
SPACETRANSPORT.WS
SPACETRIPS.CC
SPACETRIPS.CO.UK
SPACETRIPS.WS
SPACETRIPSFORUM.COM
SPACEWEEKENDS.COM
BUDGETSPACETRIPS.COM
BUDGETSPACETOURS.COM
SPACETOURISTBOARD.COM
SPACETOURSAGENCY.COM
FAMILYSPACETOURS.COM
FAMILYSPACETRIPS.COM
SPACETOURGUIDE.COM
SPACETOURS.WS
SPACETRIPS.TV

...but this thread is to appraise SpaceTrips.com - your continuing thoughts on that one people?

Happy to share my thread with all enthusiasts :)

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i'm glad to see you stockpiled some good alternate domains for the new industry, i got rockettours.com after seeing and reading all the articles... and figured many others might do the same. spacetrips.com is still the best (imho) and will do very well in the coming years.

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:

My 2 cents. Develop ...Schmevelop .... Geesh !

If you have an offer of 35K on the table right now, I would take it and run, run like you had the exhaust from the space shuttle 6" away from your pants and burning you a brand spanking new a**hole.

Why? Because you'll have made an incredible profit on a domain, that on the surface is quite well received right now because of the "buzz" surrounding the space travel topic, but in the future could well fall out of favor and be buried by some other domain that someone puts some serious marketing clout behind.

Take the money from this domain and put some real effort into one or two of the dozens of other similar domains you have regged. You'll be miles ahead of the pack and still have enough left in your jeans to put a down payment on your own "flight-of-a-lifetime". (.com) :wink:

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yea, don't think that's the only domain out there that people will covet.

I agree with OnSpec 100%

Been there, done that, and regretted it later.

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
... I think the name will move up to $xxxxx -- what I really need to wait for is the space travel agencies to appear :D

Now here's where you want to be:

Domain name: SPACETRAVEL.COM

Overture: 7,204
with ext. 26
Google: 7,700,000 (Not bad for a struggling lawyer)

Registrant:
Ari Goldberger
PMB xxx, xxx Road
Xxxxxx, NJ 08003
US

Creation Date: 27-feb-1998
Expiration Date: 26-feb-2009

He don't know many ting, but he have been many where.

(Old Mohawk proverb) :eek:k:

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OnSpec's advice is good. I like the 35k in the hand thought. The other domains you own could server your purpose still.
Robert

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, but I am staying with SpaceTrips.com and $35k is nowhere near what I would take for it. Ask me what it's worth in 3 years. And yes, you better believe it, I WILL be developing it! BIG time. Watch this space (excuse pun).

Hey, on Sky News (UK) yesterday they actually used the phrase "space hops"!

David Robinson

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

I got spacehop.info as a freebie recently.

I know it couldn't reach much value but i'll keep it for a while.

Good luck with your name.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
David, nice one on the spacehop.info as a freebie! This whole thread is very subjective -- what is valuable right as of now is hugely debatable. I guess it's up to the guys who own the domains whether they're going to take a huge gamble and stick with it or take the money and run. As OnSpec suggests, spacetravel.com would be a nice position, but then again so would space.com -- there are so many variants.

My view just at this time is to sit back and wait, as I don't think private space travel initiatives are going to stop, having got this far. I think we're where the Wright brothers were with aircraft. All I hope is that I don't have to wait that long ;)

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reviving this one - opinions please on the current value of SpaceTrips.com?

Thanks!

Jarmusch

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's not like alot as changed since your last post :-D But with all the sucesses lately, your domain still holds it's worth. You decided to wait and don't take the $35K offer and I think you did the right thing. Space travel is only going forward from now on. I don't see it stopping. Good luck with your name. I tried getting space travel related domains but all the good 2-word .com names are taken. :-#: How much it's worth? At least a few space tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators